Impossible Deletion

So earlier today I deleted the Champions Bundle DLC for Halo 4 in order to clear up some space. However, after two console resets and double and triple checking what’s on the console I only found “BoundlessHalo97, Halo 4 Data, and Halo 4 Title Update” without a single appearance of any bit of DLC. Here’s the thing…

Going to customize my Spartan still gives me all of the Champions Bundle weapon skins, armor pieces, etc. despite none of that content supposedly being on my hard drive. It’s been a number of hours now and I still have access to it.

How is this even possible? Even my available storage space has gotten bigger which implies a successful deletion.

I suppose the bundle content was merely functioning as an “activator” for the previously locked additional content. Sort of like what Destiny did with the “Legendary Version” which was only a few MB big and enabled you to download the actual Destiny game with the bonus content unlocked rather than additionally downloaded. That’s just a theory however.

> 2533275026323708;2:
> I suppose the bundle content was merely functioning as an “activator” for the previously locked additional content. Sort of like what Destiny did with the “Legendary Version” which was only a few MB big and enabled you to download the actual Destiny game with the bonus content unlocked rather than additionally downloaded. That’s just a theory however.

yeah i thought so

> 2535428725156497;3:
> > 2533275026323708;2:
> > I suppose the bundle content was merely functioning as an “activator” for the previously locked additional content. Sort of like what Destiny did with the “Legendary Version” which was only a few MB big and enabled you to download the actual Destiny game with the bonus content unlocked rather than additionally downloaded. That’s just a theory however.
>
> yeah i thought so

It would help if he could tell wether the map packs and armor parts are being shown separately from the bundle pack when looking at the storage… I wouldn’t know since I only downloaded all the DLC content to the basic version of the game - those are shown in the storage mind you.

> 2533275026323708;4:
> > 2535428725156497;3:
> > > 2533275026323708;2:
> > > I suppose the bundle content was merely functioning as an “activator” for the previously locked additional content. Sort of like what Destiny did with the “Legendary Version” which was only a few MB big and enabled you to download the actual Destiny game with the bonus content unlocked rather than additionally downloaded. That’s just a theory however.
> >
> > yeah i thought so
>
> It would help if he could tell wether the map packs and armor parts are being shown separately from the bundle pack when looking at the storage… I wouldn’t know since I only downloaded all the DLC content to the basic version of the game - those are shown in the storage mind you.

The problem has since fixed itself, though I will explain things a little further.

The only thing I had downloaded was the Champions Bundle armor pieces, weapon skins, perks, and stances (all contained in a single download.) Despite deleting that single download and not a single piece of DLC appearing in my storage, all of that content remained available in-game for a couple of days before the issue resolved itself.

> 2535421324694638;5:
> > 2533275026323708;4:
> > > 2535428725156497;3:
> > > > 2533275026323708;2:
> > > > I suppose the bundle content was merely functioning as an “activator” for the previously locked additional content. Sort of like what Destiny did with the “Legendary Version” which was only a few MB big and enabled you to download the actual Destiny game with the bonus content unlocked rather than additionally downloaded. That’s just a theory however.
> > >
> > > yeah i thought so
> >
> > It would help if he could tell wether the map packs and armor parts are being shown separately from the bundle pack when looking at the storage… I wouldn’t know since I only downloaded all the DLC content to the basic version of the game - those are shown in the storage mind you.
>
> The problem has since fixed itself, though I will explain things a little further.
>
> The only thing I had downloaded was the Champions Bundle armor pieces, weapon skins, perks, and stances (all contained in a single download.) Despite deleting that single download and not a single piece of DLC appearing in my storage, all of that content remained available in-game for a couple of days before the issue resolved itself.

That’s odd. You’d think deleting something makes it disappear instantly… Perhaps the bundle that was one single download still just acted as an activator and the Halo 4 servers only realized it was gone a few hours later? Well… As you said the issue solved itself regardless so I suppose guessing around won’t be of anyone’s service. Topic can be locked I guess.