IMPORTANT INFORMATION: armour and loadouts

there are two things that were talked about in the Q&A section of the SDCC panel.
HERE THEY ARE

1. How armour is unlocked
    You do not use spartan points to get armour. You unlock new armour for every rank, and you dont need to purchase it. spartan points only go towards weapons, mods, AAs, etc.
    Also, according to the halo 4 website: some of the rarest armor sets and components can only be received upon completion of specific in-game Commendations, Challenges, or other Waypoint goals.

Also, a note on Spartan Points. they earned every time you rank up, not like credits in reach.

1. Loadouts and how they have been balanced for new players
    All maps have loadouts that are available to all players. This means that custom loadouts are just what weapons and AAs you want exactly. this means that new players have a good chance against players who have had the game for weeks because they can start off with weapons like DMR and BR, even though they havent unlocked them.

Also one other thing: Grenades can be picked up off the map (there are grenades on the map just like in all halos), just not off bodies that had them (to do that you need the armour mod)

Hope this information is helpful!

i dont know if any one is checking this post but i feel that there is some important info in this

> there are two things that were talked about in the Q&A section of the SDCC panel.
> HERE THEY ARE
>
> 1. How armour is unlocked
> You do not use spartan points to get armour. You unlock new armour for every rank, and you dont need to purchase it. spartan points only go towards weapons, mods, AAs, etc.
>
> 2. Loadouts and how they have been balanced for new players
> All maps have loadouts that are available to all players. This means that custom loadouts are just what weapons and AAs you want exactly. this means that new players have a good chance against players who have had the game for weeks because they can start off with weapons like DMR and BR, even though they havent unlocked them.
>
> Hope this information is helpful!

I did know this information already but I know a lot of people didn’t.

It is quite key information, especially the point regarding starting players/ ranks be able to use DMR/ BR against higher ranked players.

Sounds good!

Thanks, OP.

I read this because the title was in all caps and said “Important”

(OT:Thanks for sharing OP I was just being a jerk =P)

> I read this because the title was in all caps and said “Important”

and it actually is

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > there are two things that were talked about in the Q&A section of the SDCC panel.
> > HERE THEY ARE
> >
> > 1. How armour is unlocked
> > You do not use spartan points to get armour. You unlock new armour for every rank, and you dont need to purchase it. spartan points only go towards weapons, mods, AAs, etc.
> >
> > 2. Loadouts and how they have been balanced for new players
> > All maps have loadouts that are available to all players. This means that custom loadouts are just what weapons and AAs you want exactly. this means that new players have a good chance against players who have had the game for weeks because they can start off with weapons like DMR and BR, even though they havent unlocked them.
> >
> > Hope this information is helpful!
>
> I did know this information already but I know a lot of people didn’t.
>
> It is quite key information, especially the point regarding starting players/ ranks be able to use DMR/ BR against higher ranked players.

yeah especially in regard to all the morons saying that the game is going to be like COD because of the custom loadouts, but it seems 343 knows howto keep things balanced

Thanks for posting this OP, you cleared up a lot of questions I had.

didn’t know how Armor was unlocked, so thanks!

still hoping some require achievements though.

Hey OP you should add this to your armour unlock info.

If you go Here and scroll down to Armour Customization towards the bottom it says this

> Some of the rarest armor sets and components can only be received upon completion of specific in-game Commendations, Challenges, or other Waypoint goals.

> Hey OP you should add this to your armour unlock info.
>
> If you go Here and scroll down to Armour Customization towards the bottom it says this
>
>
>
> > Some of the rarest armor sets and components can only be received upon completion of specific in-game Commendations, Challenges, or other Waypoint goals.

thanks man, never noticed that

Good info. I didn’t know the first part. Thanks.

Thanks for the info on armor unlock process!

Thanks for the armor unlock information. It’s good to see that 343i are going back to actually doing the work to get armor while still making it farely easy to do for those that don’t want to complete the game on the hardest difficulty to get a simple helmet.

> Thanks for the armor unlock information. It’s good to see that 343i are going back to actually doing the work to get armor while still making it farely easy to do for those that don’t want to complete the game on the hardest difficulty to get a simple helmet.

yep i think the new formula is alot better

Will clear up some info.

> Will clear up some info.

what?

> > Will clear up some info.
>
> what?

People keep asking and asking about it. Sorry I wrote it in a fragment. It will clear up some information about armor unlocks. Better?

So achievement armor is back? I’m okay with this.

[deleted]