IMPORTANT Halo 5 Feedback [343 please read]

• Bring back the assist medal
  • Add a kill indication on the left by simply placing a line of text saying: “You killed Gamertag” and remove the ping you hear when you kill someone.
  • Tone down the shield recharge sounds, they currently have an annoying high pitch. I would suggest to take some ideas from the Halo Reach shield recharge sounds to bring back a more iconic/classic sound to the shield recharge.
  • Reduce the size of the reticle we see while sprinting, it used to be smaller in the beta.
  • Get rid of the hitmarket pings we hear when you get hitmarkers with the Plasma Caster.
  • Add more details to the Sniper Rifle, it looks a bit dull compared to the Halo 4 Sniper. Make the blue display more vibrant but not distracting.
  • Add more detail/color to the Battle Rifle, make the yellow stripe a bit more vibrant
  • Make the Pistol sound a bit more powerful, the weapon has been buffed and looks cool but sounds kinda weak
  • Reduce the Assault Rifle Magazine size back to 32, there was no need to make it 36
  • The Battle Rifle shooting animation could be a bit slower to make it look more like a burst weapon. Some people confuse it for being a single shot weapon.
  • Make the DMR look more like the Halo 4 DMR. Add the ammo counter on the weapon back, reduce the size of the scope and bring back the real Smartscope we had in the beta but smaller edges around it to make the area around it more visual. It’s weird having a completely different smartscope for the DMR compared to the BR.
  • The announcement the announcer makes when the game ends still sounds like the announcer from the Beta which no longer matches the improved announcer we hear during the match, please make sure this is fixed before the game launches.

Can’t help but to agree about the shield warning and ping noises. Way too annoying and loud. As to what they did already change, i’m so damn glad they took out that weird soundtrack that played while you were respawning in arena… it was just painful.

you know that no one from 343i ever looks into the forum, right?

Game comes out in just over two months, it is about to go gold. What you’re asking is just impossible at this point.

Am I reading a list of feedback suggestions or personal demands? Because it sounds like the latter.

> 2533274886490718;3:
> you know that no one from 343i ever looks into the forum, right?

I’ve seen Frankie pop in from time to time. Though he’s much more likely to be seen roaming Gaf.

> 2533274886490718;3:

I’ve personally interacted with 343 staff in these forums.

> 2533274886490718;3:

I actually met a 343 employees twice. (Most because if I’m having a issue with the mcc or the halo waypoint)

> 2533274856495166;2:
> Can’t help but to agree about the shield warning and ping noises. Way too annoying and loud. As to what they did already change, i’m so damn glad they took out that weird soundtrack that played while you were respawning in arena… it was just painful.

Really? I kind of liked the soundtrack. Bummed they took it out. I have to say, I like all the high pitched noises, they really grab your attention, and draw your eyes to where they need to be.

> 2533274886490718;3:

That’s a relief.

Some of these are extremely unpopular requests.

> 2533274854999879;1:
> Feedback:
>
> - Bring back the assist medal
> - Add a kill indication on the left by simply placing a line of text saying: “You killed Gamertag” and remove the ping you hear when you kill someone.
> - Tone down the shield recharge sounds, they currently have an annoying high pitch. I would suggest to take some ideas from the Halo Reach shield recharge sounds to bring back a more iconic/classic sound to the shield recharge.
> - Reduce the size of the reticle we see while sprinting, it used to be smaller in the beta.
> - Get rid of the hitmarket pings we hear when you get hitmarkers with the Plasma Caster.
> - Add more details to the Sniper Rifle, it looks a bit dull compared to the Halo 4 Sniper. Make the blue display more vibrant but not distracting.
> - Add more detail/color to the Battle Rifle, make the yellow stripe a bit more vibrant
> - Make the Pistol sound a bit more powerful, the weapon has been buffed and looks cool but sounds kinda weak
> - Reduce the Assault Rifle Magazine size back to 32, there was no need to make it 36
> - The Battle Rifle shooting animation could be a bit slower to make it look more like a burst weapon. Some people confuse it for being a single shot weapon.
> - Make the DMR look more like the Halo 4 DMR. Add the ammo counter on the weapon back, reduce the size of the scope and bring back the real Smartscope we had in the beta but smaller edges around it to make the area around it more visual. It’s weird having a completely different smartscope for the DMR compared to the BR.
> - The announcement the announcer makes when the game ends still sounds like the announcer from the Beta which no longer matches the improved announcer we hear during the match, please make sure this is fixed before the game launches.

yes
noindifferent

> 2533274854999879;1:
> Feedback:
>
> Agreed.
> - Add a kill indication on the left by simply placing a line of text saying: “You killed Gamertag” and remove the ping you hear when you kill someone.
> No, I like the ping, I like it quite a bit, especially when you get a headshot. You already get the ‘kill indication’ to the left, but it’s 'you -weapon-'d gamertag’
> - Tone down the shield recharge sounds, they currently have an annoying high pitch. I would suggest to take some ideas from the Halo Reach shield recharge sounds to bring back a more iconic/classic sound to the shield recharge.
> Eh, I could take it or leave it, but the entire point is to warn you you’re vulnerable. In the midst of a battle, I’m sure not many sounds stand out as much as the one they picked.
> - Reduce the size of the reticle we see while sprinting, it used to be smaller in the beta.
> Meh, I don’t really have a thought either way on this one, never even realised, or cared.
> - Get rid of the hitmarket pings we hear when you get hitmarkers with the Plasma Caster.
> What? Why? Why would you get rid of ANY of the hit marker pings? Ever? Seriously?
> - Add more details to the Sniper Rifle, it looks a bit dull compared to the Halo 4 Sniper. Make the blue display more vibrant but not distracting.
> Why? I don’t really get why people are so gung ho about little things like this. You realize you get weapon skins… right?
> - Add more detail/color to the Battle Rifle, make the yellow stripe a bit more vibrant
> Again, you get weapon skins. Why do you need the standard battle rifle to be your own brand of ‘special’?
> - Make the Pistol sound a bit more powerful, the weapon has been buffed and looks cool but sounds kinda weak
> …What? It sounds perfect.
> - Reduce the Assault Rifle Magazine size back to 32, there was no need to make it 36
> No need to make it 36? They lowered the damage, and allowed for more bullets to make up for the difference. They explained this already.
> - The Battle Rifle shooting animation could be a bit slower to make it look more like a burst weapon. Some people confuse it for being a single shot weapon.
> Dude, really, at first I was thinking these were going to be necessary changes, but all of these are just little tweaks that are not even worthy of a post, let alone 343i taking this as ‘important’ feedback from a single player. Why do people like you think THEIR opinion is the only opinion?
> - Make the DMR look more like the Halo 4 DMR. Add the ammo counter on the weapon back, reduce the size of the scope and bring back the real Smartscope we had in the beta but smaller edges around it to make the area around it more visual. It’s weird having a completely different smartscope for the DMR compared to the BR.
> Sigh. It looks perfectly fine. They changed the scope from the beta, and people stiiiiiill complain about little things. Jesus Christ. - The announcement the announcer makes when the game ends still sounds like the announcer from the Beta which no longer matches the improved announcer we hear during the match, please make sure this is fixed before the game launches.
> It sounds FINE. Christ.

> 2533274854999879;1:
> Feedback:
>
> - The announcement the announcer makes when the game ends still sounds like the announcer from the Beta which no longer matches the improved announcer we hear during the match, please make sure this is fixed before the game launches.

-SR doesn’t need more aesthetic details, don’t make them waste time!
-BR " "!
-there was need to get 36 rounds on the AR, they removed the headshots bonuses from autos!
-DMR is better than Halo 4’s.
-the announcer is perfect

agree with the rest (especially for BR’s sound!)

> 2533274938678576;12:
> > 2533274854999879;1:
> > Feedback:
> >
> > - Bring back the assist medal
> > Agreed.
> > - Add a kill indication on the left by simply placing a line of text saying: “You killed Gamertag” and remove the ping you hear when you kill someone.
> > No, I like the ping, I like it quite a bit, especially when you get a headshot. You already get the ‘kill indication’ to the left, but it’s 'you -weapon-'d gamertag’
> > - Tone down the shield recharge sounds, they currently have an annoying high pitch. I would suggest to take some ideas from the Halo Reach shield recharge sounds to bring back a more iconic/classic sound to the shield recharge.
> > Eh, I could take it or leave it, but the entire point is to warn you you’re vulnerable. In the midst of a battle, I’m sure not many sounds stand out as much as the one they picked.
> > - Reduce the size of the reticle we see while sprinting, it used to be smaller in the beta.
> > Meh, I don’t really have a thought either way on this one, never even realised, or cared.
> > - Get rid of the hitmarket pings we hear when you get hitmarkers with the Plasma Caster.
> > What? Why? Why would you get rid of ANY of the hit marker pings? Ever? Seriously?
> > - Add more details to the Sniper Rifle, it looks a bit dull compared to the Halo 4 Sniper. Make the blue display more vibrant but not distracting.
> > Why? I don’t really get why people are so gung ho about little things like this. You realize you get weapon skins… right?
> > - Add more detail/color to the Battle Rifle, make the yellow stripe a bit more vibrant
> > Again, you get weapon skins. Why do you need the standard battle rifle to be your own brand of ‘special’?
> > - Make the Pistol sound a bit more powerful, the weapon has been buffed and looks cool but sounds kinda weak
> > …What? It sounds perfect.
> > - Reduce the Assault Rifle Magazine size back to 32, there was no need to make it 36
> > No need to make it 36? They lowered the damage, and allowed for more bullets to make up for the difference. They explained this already.
> > - The Battle Rifle shooting animation could be a bit slower to make it look more like a burst weapon. Some people confuse it for being a single shot weapon.
> > Dude, really, at first I was thinking these were going to be necessary changes, but all of these are just little tweaks that are not even worthy of a post, let alone 343i taking this as ‘important’ feedback from a single player. Why do people like you think THEIR opinion is the only opinion?
> > - Make the DMR look more like the Halo 4 DMR. Add the ammo counter on the weapon back, reduce the size of the scope and bring back the real Smartscope we had in the beta but smaller edges around it to make the area around it more visual. It’s weird having a completely different smartscope for the DMR compared to the BR.
> > Sigh. It looks perfectly fine. They changed the scope from the beta, and people stiiiiiill complain about little things. Jesus Christ. - The announcement the announcer makes when the game ends still sounds like the announcer from the Beta which no longer matches the improved announcer we hear during the match, please make sure this is fixed before the game launches.
> > It sounds FINE. Christ.

I think it sounds awful. Buddha.

This is the Halo community forums. It’s quite unlikely that you will find anyone important enough to make these changes.

That and Halo 5 is in late development meaning that the actual game is probably complete and 343 are probably only working on bug fixing and minor weapon and map tweaking. If 343 decided to implement any of your ideas they would probably have to delay the game, which they can’t do as I am more than sure that 343 being a AAA company have already got huge preparations for the game going gold (100% complete) which would cost a fortune to cancel.

> 2533274938678576;12:
> > 2533274854999879;1:
> > Feedback:
> >
> > - Bring back the assist medal
> > Agreed.
> > - Add a kill indication on the left by simply placing a line of text saying: “You killed Gamertag” and remove the ping you hear when you kill someone.
> > No, I like the ping, I like it quite a bit, especially when you get a headshot. You already get the ‘kill indication’ to the left, but it’s 'you -weapon-'d gamertag’
> > - Tone down the shield recharge sounds, they currently have an annoying high pitch. I would suggest to take some ideas from the Halo Reach shield recharge sounds to bring back a more iconic/classic sound to the shield recharge.
> > Eh, I could take it or leave it, but the entire point is to warn you you’re vulnerable. In the midst of a battle, I’m sure not many sounds stand out as much as the one they picked.
> > - Reduce the size of the reticle we see while sprinting, it used to be smaller in the beta.
> > Meh, I don’t really have a thought either way on this one, never even realised, or cared.
> > - Get rid of the hitmarket pings we hear when you get hitmarkers with the Plasma Caster.
> > What? Why? Why would you get rid of ANY of the hit marker pings? Ever? Seriously?
> > - Add more details to the Sniper Rifle, it looks a bit dull compared to the Halo 4 Sniper. Make the blue display more vibrant but not distracting.
> > Why? I don’t really get why people are so gung ho about little things like this. You realize you get weapon skins… right?
> > - Add more detail/color to the Battle Rifle, make the yellow stripe a bit more vibrant
> > Again, you get weapon skins. Why do you need the standard battle rifle to be your own brand of ‘special’?
> > - Make the Pistol sound a bit more powerful, the weapon has been buffed and looks cool but sounds kinda weak
> > …What? It sounds perfect.
> > - Reduce the Assault Rifle Magazine size back to 32, there was no need to make it 36
> > No need to make it 36? They lowered the damage, and allowed for more bullets to make up for the difference. They explained this already.
> > - The Battle Rifle shooting animation could be a bit slower to make it look more like a burst weapon. Some people confuse it for being a single shot weapon.
> > Dude, really, at first I was thinking these were going to be necessary changes, but all of these are just little tweaks that are not even worthy of a post, let alone 343i taking this as ‘important’ feedback from a single player. Why do people like you think THEIR opinion is the only opinion?
> > - Make the DMR look more like the Halo 4 DMR. Add the ammo counter on the weapon back, reduce the size of the scope and bring back the real Smartscope we had in the beta but smaller edges around it to make the area around it more visual. It’s weird having a completely different smartscope for the DMR compared to the BR.
> > Sigh. It looks perfectly fine. They changed the scope from the beta, and people stiiiiiill complain about little things. Jesus Christ. - The announcement the announcer makes when the game ends still sounds like the announcer from the Beta which no longer matches the improved announcer we hear during the match, please make sure this is fixed before the game launches.
> > It sounds FINE. Christ.

So weapon skins should be an excuse for less detailed base weapons? I don’t think so. I prefer having the real weapon in my hand and Bungie nailed the details on their weapons which is why it did not need weapon skins. Not a fan of them to be honest. Rather had full armor customization like Reach.

I am agree with the assistance medal

Sounds more like demands than actual feedback.

not bad actually