implementing other games into halo

ok so i know theres been alot of hate going around on this topic but i want to hear some legitimate ideas not just people saying" blah blah blah cod copied halo blah blah this copied halo…or it will make halo suck cause that game sucks" People in the halo community seem to have a one track mind wherin if anything changes in the game its instantly bad. I also don’t want people to be bringing up things saying that they were copied from halo when halo copied them to begin with, I.e" infection and juggernaut were copied from halo by COD. When in actual fact they were also copied originally from Timesplitters by Halo."
So guys lets hear some legitimate ideas.

I for one would like a little bit more than just aesthetic customisation of weapons and armor, Of course i know people feel this will take away from the core gameplay but if its only to a certain extent or only in certain Specific gamemodes then i feel it will make the game more open to a wider community. For example a class based system much like reach but only in a classbased TDM mode.

I also would really like to see Dual wielding come back because that was a great feature of halo 2 and 3 that was sadly absent from Halo: Reach.

One thing that should be kept from reach (and i know i’m gonna get so much hate for this) is the credit system. Only because it allows those who do not play very often or who play offline alot to still progress regardless of their skill. Its not like them having a certain rank without the skill means anything, or effects the gameplay in any way other than aesthetically so why do people complain about it so much? if you want a proper ranking just go by your BPR(Battle Proficiency Rating) because that number is an actual representation of skill.

Well that’s my 2 cents, how about everybody else?

no except for duel wielding just no

> no except for duel wielding just no

I’m pretty sure i just said to give actual suggestions not discount others,
also i don’t see anything wrong with adding new gamemodes that have a specific gameplay aspect only applied to them. If you don’t like it, don’t play it, why take away from other people. Thats just as bad as those who didn’t want halo 2 to be ported to pc for no reason other than they just didn’t.

> > no except for duel wielding just no
>
> I’m pretty sure i just said to give actual suggestions not discount others,
> also i don’t see anything wrong with adding new gamemodes that have a specific gameplay aspect only applied to them. If you don’t like it, don’t play it, why take away from other people. Thats just as bad as those who didn’t want halo 2 to be ported to pc for no reason other than they just didn’t.

why wouldn’t people want halo 2 ported to the pc? i have the pc version and it’s great, it has achievements, multi-player over live, a map editor, (trying to think of other things that it has that halo 2 for xbox either didn’t have, or no longer has)

Battlefield-style helicopters.

> > > no except for duel wielding just no
> >
> > I’m pretty sure i just said to give actual suggestions not discount others,
> > also i don’t see anything wrong with adding new gamemodes that have a specific gameplay aspect only applied to them. If you don’t like it, don’t play it, why take away from other people. Thats just as bad as those who didn’t want halo 2 to be ported to pc for no reason other than they just didn’t.
>
> why wouldn’t people want halo 2 ported to the pc? i have the pc version and it’s great, it has achievements, multi-player over live, a map editor, (trying to think of other things that it has that halo 2 for xbox either didn’t have, or no longer has)

Thats my exact point why wouldn’t they?
I also have halo 2 on pc i only bought an xbox 360 because they stopped porting the games.
Its just that when the idea first came around the xbox community kicked up alot of fuss about it for no reason, they didnt like the idea of it being ported, they did the same thing when halo 3 was suggested to be ported(which of course never happened)
Such a shame aswell, it could have been so much better.

Btw the pc version also had exclusive maps XD

Far Cry 2 Map Creator

> no except for duel wielding just no

I have to agree with this.

Anything more then aesthetic character customization will take from gameplay, from the skill gap and it will not be Halo(I know you said not to say that but its true).

Other gametypes are always cool but they shouldn’t change what Halo is. Halo is a unique game that has everyone starting on equal terms.

I don’t want unnecessary features from other games to ruin Halo. Halo needs to change in its own way, not become just another generic shooter.

> Far Cry 2 Map Creator

Hell yes. that map creator is awesome. Except on the xbox version for some reason they omitted lighting options so u cant really make a night time map because you cant see.
If they fix that then it would be awesome as.

> > no except for duel wielding just no
>
> I have to agree with this.
>
> Anything more then aesthetic character customization will take from gameplay, from the skill gap and it will not be Halo(I know you said not to say that but its true).
>
> Other gametypes are always cool but they shouldn’t change what Halo is. Halo is a unique game that has everyone starting on equal terms.
>
> I don’t want unnecessary features from other games to ruin Halo. Halo needs to change in its own way, not become just another generic shooter.

Yeh i guess your right. It kinda would take away from its uniqueness. The problem being that it kinda already has taken that away, ive noticed that alot of “Halo exclusive features” aren’t actually halo exclusive nor where they ever, but somehow they’ve found the right combination and made it work for this game. Id just really like to see some kind of system that supports weekend gamers, the people who dont have time to play very often and so are unable to fully experience the game(which is why i support the credits system).
Also with the armor, when you read the description of some of the pieces and you look at them, they’re supposed to do cool stuff, but instead you equip this piece of armor you’ve been working hard to get and it does absolutely nothing at all. That makes me a little depressed knowing how hard i worked to get this armor for no reason. We are playing as Spartans, We should have cool stuff. Not just aesthetic changes, Why would a spartan bother changing their armor if it makes no difference? Might aswell stick MC back in some Mk.IV and send him off to fight.