Impact and Relay Screen Captures

Screen captures from Gamespot’s exclusive Halo 4 Forge Mode reveal.

Halo 4 Forge Environment: Impact
Impact 1
Impact 2
Impact 3
Impact 4
Impact 5
Impact 6
Impact 7
Impact First Person 1
Impact First Person 2

Halo 4 Forge Map: Relay
Description: Relay is a pre-built Forge variant on Impact. Relay is symmetrical, designed for 4v4, objective based, and does not use Impact’s landscape (built entirely with the Impact Forge palette).
Relay 1
Relay 2
Relay 3
Relay 4
Relay 5
Relay 6
Relay First Person 1
Relay First Person 2
Relay First Person 3
Relay First Person 4
Relay First Person 5
Relay First Person 6

A dark environment was also shown that appeared to be inside a cave. Every screen capture I tried of that environment came out blurry due to the player’s movement. If you look at Impact 2, there is a circular opening in that center structure. Possibly the entrance to this cave environment…inside the asteroid?

You see that second picture has a hole in the floor, well i’m pretty sure that down there is what you believe to be the 3rd forge environment.

Forge maps may actually be tolerable in MM now. Hooray!

> You see that second picture has a hole in the floor, well i’m pretty sure that down there is what you believe to be the 3rd forge environment.

You know when they said there are 3 forge environments, they mean there are 3 different forge maps.

> > You see that second picture has a hole in the floor, well i’m pretty sure that down there is what you believe to be the 3rd forge environment.
>
> You know when they said there are 3 forge environments, they mean there are 3 different forge maps.

I don’t think you understood me, I meant what you think is the 3rd forge environment is just part of Impact and the 3rd one hasn’t been shown yet.

> You see that second picture has a hole in the floor, well i’m pretty sure that down there is what you believe to be the 3rd forge environment.

Never asserted that the cave environment was the third Forge environment. Just another environment that we haven’t gotten a good look at yet. As I said in the OP, it appears that circular opening in Impact’s center structure leads to something. It is very likely that Impact is multi-tiered. It looks like we can build on more than one asteroid as well.

It’s so good looking, it’s scary.

> > You see that second picture has a hole in the floor, well i’m pretty sure that down there is what you believe to be the 3rd forge environment.
>
> Never asserted that the cave environment was the third Forge environment. Just another environment that we haven’t gotten a good look at yet. As I said in the OP, it appears that circular opening in Impact’s center structure leads to something. It is very likely that Impact is mult-tiered. It looks like we can build on more than one asteroid as well.

I swear you did, it looks like you’ve edited it though.

Impressed with Relay. It looks really big but is a good example of what the new forge is capable of, and doesn’t look like too bad a 4v4 map.

Impact looks amazing.

so the last map MP is just a forge map?

> so the last map MP is just a forge map?

I don’t think so; I don’t believe the forge maps have been included in the 10 maps.

what makes you think that?

> > so the last map MP is just a forge map?
>
> I don’t think so; I don’t believe the forge maps have been included in the 10 maps.

I made a mistake, i thought the op was indicating that relay was a MP map. I dont know why i thought that lol

Am i the only one who thinks that Relay looks really awesome?

Relay reminds me strongly of Foundation.

> Am i the only one who thinks that Relay looks really awesome?

You’re not the only one. Relay looks great for competitive play, and at first glance does not even appear to be a forged map. 343 Industries and Certain Affinity have done an excellent job with what we have seen of Forge so far. I am sure they pre-built Forge maps on the other two environments as well…can’t wait to see those maps.

Hopefully tomorrow’s bulletin is a Forge info blowout.

Finally! A dark map. Thank you, 343i.

> Finally! A night-themed map. Thank you, 343i.

The sky is all pretty and starry because it’s in space.

watch the gamespot video. Starting at 38 seconds the screen splits into 4, the top right screen you can see them editing on the interior of the asteroid. It is not the 3rd forge environment, its simply another area to be able to edit on this map.