IMO

XBL really needs to start glad handing permanent IP bans.

I’m really tired of kids coming into MM and either betraying or intentionally breaking team mates shields so they’re an easy kill. XBL needs to take the time and resources to view film clips that have evidence of this and take the appropriate actions. You will triple if not quadruple the amount of MM players you have if you get rid of the bad kids.

Also, no split screens in MM period. Campaign ONLY. Too many idle controllers.

So people who have friends over shouldn’t play because you don’t like it?

That’s not very nice.

Did you take the time to read the full post? No, what you did was take a very specific section and attempt to criticize. Don’t spam, reply intelligently.

Its not about people having friends over and them not being aloud to play, he is talking more about how people play with them and a guest which is 2 people in a 4v4 game putting you at a disadvantage of 2 people not just not getting kills but also being easy targets for the other team.

> Its not about people having friends over and them not being aloud to play, he is talking more about how people play with them and a guest which is 2 people in a 4v4 game putting you at a disadvantage of 2 people not just not getting kills but also being easy targets for the other team.

No, I’m talking about 1 person signing in as theirself and a guest and ATTEMPTING to go tryhard meanwhile leaving their idle controller as a spawn point and easy multi kills for the opposite team. Until that gets straightened out, and it never will as long as split screen is allowed, no split screen in MM. Period.

Soooo many rank boosters did this in Halo 3 it got unplayable in some playlists, you get teamed with a party of 3 and 2 of them are afk and the other is running to thje middle to die repeatedly. Derank/Rank up a new GT, rinse and repeat.

> Soooo many rank boosters did this in Halo 3 it got unplayable in some playlists, you get teamed with a party of 3 and 2 of them are afk and the other is running to thje middle to die repeatedly. Derank/Rank up a new GT, rinse and repeat.

The easiest way to have handled that in H3 would have simply not to allow deranking. Don’t know what to do about reach outside of get rid of the kids that are being a nuisance.

Of course a LOGICAL ALTERNATIVE would be to have both social and ranked lists. I have absolutely 0 idea why this has NOT been done yet. Frankly, I’d love to hear a publicized explanation.

> Did you take the time to read the full post? No, what you did was take a very specific section and attempt to criticize. Don’t spam, reply intelligently.

She addressed your closing statement, one that is far less valid then the body of your post, which I will now get to.

I just got done playing a game with a piece of filth like you are describing and while I deplore trash like that, I dont think MS is going to start banning consoles for behavior like that. I did all that I could and gave him a bad review and moved on. Perhaps instead of punishing the YOINKS!, MS could reward those with good reps as to encourage proper behavior. It seems more likely then console bans for being a jerk.

My point is simply this, don’t ask for, DEMAND quality MM play. Make the penalties EXTREMELY harsh and EXPENSIVE by permanent IP as well as console bans, regardless of claim of resale.

Either A) They will start playing right or, B) They’ll simply go away and play something else. Win/Win.

> My point is simply this, don’t ask for, DEMAND quality MM play. Make the penalties EXTREMELY harsh and EXPENSIVE by permanent IP as well as console bans, regardless of claim of resale.
>
> Either A) They will start playing right or, B) They’ll simply go away and play something else. Win/Win.

You forget that a tremendous amount of revenue is generated by online play, you had a bad experience with one of these guys, so have I, so have most. You plan on quitting anytime soon? Yeah me neither and nor will the little jerk who thinks it is the thrill of the day to ruin others game =/ that means profit and banning does not.

I would say turn off friendly fire, but I have grown to enjoy the extra skill it takes of having to be careful around your teammates.

Actually, until tonight I haven’t played in 2 weeks and outside of a group night tonight I would not have played at all.

Frankly, if I didn’t need the console for Netflix it would already be gone.

You seem to be missing a simple point, by taking out the trash, the MM population will double if not triple within 6 months. This is not guessing or speculating, this is a fact that I have proven in business myself several times. Sometimes you gotta clean out both sides of the counter to get things right.

> Actually, until tonight I haven’t played in 2 weeks and outside of a group night tonight I would not have played at all.
>
> Frankly, if I didn’t need the console for Netflix it would already be gone.
>
> You seem to be missing a simple point, by taking out the trash, the MM population will double if not triple within 6 months. This is not guessing or speculating, this is a fact that I have proven in business myself several times. Sometimes you gotta clean out both sides of the counter to get things right.

MM population did not double when XboX’s had the best Black Friday sales in the history of XboX sales (last black friday), I think you might be exaggerating for effect.

Shame on for you for not playing in two weeks, blood must be spilled, get back to killing.

> A) They will start playing right or, B) They’ll simply go away and play something else. Win/Win.

Translation: People don’t play the game how I think it should be played so they shouldn’t play at all because I can’t handle it.

If people are being jerks in MM, just report them and move along. It sucks, sure, but unfortunately with the established metrics in Reach, it’s bound to happen.

> > A) They will start playing right or, B) They’ll simply go away and play something else. Win/Win.
>
> Translation: People don’t play the game how I think it should be played so they shouldn’t play at all because I can’t handle it.
>
> If people are being jerks in MM, just report them and move along. It sucks, sure, but unfortunately with the established metrics in Reach, it’s bound to happen.

Quote the entire post and then post that mess somewhere else.
Say something intelligent in this post or please stop spamming.

> > > A) They will start playing right or, B) They’ll simply go away and play something else. Win/Win.
> >
> > Translation: People don’t play the game how I think it should be played so they shouldn’t play at all because I can’t handle it.
> >
> > If people are being jerks in MM, just report them and move along. It sucks, sure, but unfortunately with the established metrics in Reach, it’s bound to happen.
>
> Quote the entire post and then post that mess somewhere else.
> Say something intelligent in this post or please stop spamming.

She’s right, though. Sure, it sucks that people betray for weapons, AFK (which the banhammer is actually quite good at punishing), quit the match, etc., the most you can truly do is report and move on.

Sure, your OP might be an opinion post, but the purpose of a forum is to allow such opinions to be constructively criticized. Which she did.

> > > > A) They will start playing right or, B) They’ll simply go away and play something else. Win/Win.
> > >
> > > Translation: People don’t play the game how I think it should be played so they shouldn’t play at all because I can’t handle it.
> > >
> > > If people are being jerks in MM, just report them and move along. It sucks, sure, but unfortunately with the established metrics in Reach, it’s bound to happen.
> >
> > Quote the entire post and then post that mess somewhere else.
> > Say something intelligent in this post or please stop spamming.
>
> She’s right, though. Sure, it sucks that people betray for weapons, AFK (which the banhammer is actually quite good at punishing), quit the match, etc., the most you can truly do is report and move on.
>
> Sure, your OP might be an opinion post, but the purpose of a forum is to allow such opinions to be constructively criticized. Which she did.

Sounds like you guys are on the " oh my, nothing can possibly be wrong " bandwagon. Are you truly so scared as to actually say what you feel? Really? Wow!! How does it feel to say " I submit to this abstract who gives a crap, we have their money " way that things are going? Are folks really that scared? That is frankly appalling.

We should absolutely FORCE these people who have OUR money to bring quality back into MM. FORCE them to spend money and resolve these issues. We ALL know they have it and it’s been YEARS since I’ve seen any of it earned.

Let’s see, what are the accomplishments lately? … Oh right, we redid CE, which was already perfect and added purty colors … we paid for … that. Oh …

Let’s try this. Address existing … opportunities, get those straightened out, and go from there.

err… umm… play with a team?

> > > > > A) They will start playing right or, B) They’ll simply go away and play something else. Win/Win.
> > > >
> > > > Translation: People don’t play the game how I think it should be played so they shouldn’t play at all because I can’t handle it.
> > > >
> > > > If people are being jerks in MM, just report them and move along. It sucks, sure, but unfortunately with the established metrics in Reach, it’s bound to happen.
> > >
> > > Quote the entire post and then post that mess somewhere else.
> > > Say something intelligent in this post or please stop spamming.
> >
> > She’s right, though. Sure, it sucks that people betray for weapons, AFK (which the banhammer is actually quite good at punishing), quit the match, etc., the most you can truly do is report and move on.
> >
> > Sure, your OP might be an opinion post, but the purpose of a forum is to allow such opinions to be constructively criticized. Which she did.
>
> Sounds like you guys are on the " oh my, nothing can possibly be wrong " bandwagon. <mark>Are you truly so scared as to actually say what you feel? Really? Wow!!</mark> How does it feel to say " I submit to this abstract who gives a crap, we have their money " way that things are going? Are folks really that scared? That is frankly appalling.
>
> We should absolutely FORCE these people who have OUR money to bring quality back into MM. FORCE them to spend money and resolve these issues. We ALL know they have it and it’s been YEARS since I’ve seen any of it earned.
>
> Let’s see, what are the accomplishments lately? … Oh right, we redid CE, which was already perfect and added purty colors … we paid for … that. Oh …
>
> Let’s try this. Address existing … opportunities, get those straightened out, and go from there.

Not one bit. I have said what I truly feel. That being, that yes, it does suck when things don’t go the way you would like them, but that you have to suck it up and move on.

And how exactly would you force them into submitting to your demands?

> err… umm… play with a team?

Ideally yeah but with the wonderful way the Reach servers have been acting up lately, sarcastic surprise face, folks get lagged out and sometimes all the way offline. Nonetheless, that’s NOT the base issue.

The base issue is get rid of punks who think messing up someone else’s MM time is a great thing to do. Here’s a WOWOWOW, original idea!! Have a ranked and social playlist!!! Who woulda thought it!!! Oh wait, Bungie did. But wait!!! MLG is in Community play list while Swat and Snipers aren’t and WAIT, we do NOT have seperate ranked and social BTB and wait … You know what, I’m tired of listing fails.

Bottom line is this. 343 and XBL, get your stuff together. It’s really that easy. It was together handily before you got here 343 and you have done nothing but regress.

Force the change. Unless players get behind ideas and stand up for them, nothing happens, they have OUR money. MAKE them earn it.