IMO the DMR is over powered

I know im not the only one with this opinion. THe DMR is probably the weapon with the fastest kill time and is also the easiest to use, while being used at all ranges. Making it the most powerful starting weapon. So i came up with a few solutions to make this a bit more fair.

Option 1 is to add more bloom to the DMR. Now a lot of people hated bloom in reach, however in halo 4 there are other weapons without bloom making the random factor only hampering the user of the DMR balancing it out a bit and making it less effective depending on the person using it

Option 2 is to increase the number of shots to kill an opponent. I think 6 is enough. While adding additional rounds to the magazine

Option 3 is to simply lower the fire rate of said weapon while keeping everything else about it the same.

Now Im not sure if they can alter the DMR in these ways with a simple patch or with replacing all the game types with modded game types where these changes can take place. Any other input is welcome.

> I know im not the only one with this opinion. THe DMR is probably the weapon with the fastest kill time and is also the easiest to use, while being used at all ranges. Making it the most powerful starting weapon. So i came up with a few solutions to make this a bit more fair.

Actually, a zoomed in LR has the fastest of the four. One of the slowest, if not zoomed.

> Option 1 is to add more bloom to the DMR. Now a lot of people hated bloom in reach, however in halo 4 there are other weapons without bloom making the random factor only hampering the user of the DMR balancing it out a bit and making it less effective depending on the person using it

No. There should be no bloom on any precision weapon. It’s lazy balancing and it doesn’t solve anything. It just makes things more random, and random=/=skill. And don’t tell me to pace my shtos either, a player spamming cross map can still kill me. There shouldn’t even be a DMR in the first place. It’s just OP in it’s nature.

Also, the Carbine has bloom. They just don’t show it.

> Option 2 is to increase the number of shots to kill an opponent. I think 6 is enough. While adding additional rounds to the magazine

Making it a 6 shot to kill would still make it a go-to weapon.

> Option 3 is to simply lower the fire rate of said weapon while keeping everything else about it the same.

And the bloom, high bullet magnetism, and aiming assist?

> Now Im not sure if they can alter the DMR in these ways with a simple patch or with replacing all the game types with modded game types where these changes can take place. Any other input is welcome.

They can alter it anyway they please. But it’ll either be OP and UP at the same time, or just even more OP.

> No. <mark>There should be no bloom on any precision weapon.</mark>
>
>
>
> <mark>And the bloom</mark>, high bull…?

You said there shouldn’t be bloom on the weapon…and the later asked about it on the weapon?

Probably the easiest way to balance it more is to lower it’s rate of Fire down to that of the BR.
It would still be the clear winner in Long Range battles, as it should be, but the lightrifle’s kill time would then be even better in comparison, making it a viable option as well.
And then the BR would be more appealable, as well as the carbine for short range

DMR IS NOT OVERPOWERED!

Every… EVERY Halo game has a weapon as versatile as the DMR

H1 Pistol

H2/3 BR

Reach DMR

Halo 4 DMR/BR

> DMR IS NOT OVERPOWERED!
>
> Every… EVERY Halo game has a weapon as versatile as the DMR
>
> H1 Pistol
>
> H2/3 BR
>
> Reach DMR
>
> Halo 4 DMR/BR

Reach’s DMR isn’t overpowered…armor lock is.

> DMR IS NOT OVERPOWERED!
>
> Every… EVERY Halo game has a weapon as versatile as the DMR
>
> H1 Pistol
>
> H2/3 BR
>
> Reach DMR
>
> Halo 4 DMR/BR

Every Halo game did have a weapon of strong points, but the DMR is almost as bad as the Halo CE Pistol. What makes the BR an alright weapon for gameplay is it’s three shot bursts and recoil. You’d have to land all three of the shots out of the five bursts required to kill someone, where as you just need 5 from the DMR.
The DMR has the highest of BM so that just makes it even more OP.

> > DMR IS NOT OVERPOWERED!
> >
> > Every… EVERY Halo game has a weapon as versatile as the DMR
> >
> > H1 Pistol
> >
> > H2/3 BR
> >
> > Reach DMR
> >
> > Halo 4 DMR/BR
>
> Reach’s DMR isn’t overpowered…armor lock is.

I didn’t say it was, I said each halo game has a weapon that works in every situation, and the DMR in reach was it. Even with bloom but take away bloom and it only exemplifies that trait.

> DMR IS NOT OVERPOWERED!
>
> Every… EVERY Halo game has a weapon as versatile as the DMR
>
> H1 Pistol
>
> H2/3 BR
>
> Reach DMR
>
> Halo 4 DMR/BR

The problem with this is that in Previous games, it didn’t really have other guns that were SUPPOSED to compare to it.

There was NO other precision weapon in Halo CE
The carbine of H2 and H3 weren’t spawn weapons
The Needle Rifle of Reach wasn’t a spawn Weapon

Now with Halo 4, we have 4 precision rifles to choose from to spawn with, which would imply that they are all balanced in the game, as you shouldn’t be put at any sort of disadvantage from Picking the Carbine, or Light Rifle, or BR. There should be cases in which these weapons out perform the DMR.

…simply put, there is NOT.
The DMR is better in close range, medium range, AND long range.
So…what’s the use of being able to choose the other 3, of you’re going to be at a disadvantage for doing so?

That needs to be fixed.

> > DMR IS NOT OVERPOWERED!
> >
> > Every… EVERY Halo game has a weapon as versatile as the DMR
> >
> > H1 Pistol
> >
> > H2/3 BR
> >
> > Reach DMR
> >
> > Halo 4 DMR/BR
>
> Every Halo game did have a weapon of strong points, but the DMR is almost as bad as the Halo CE Pistol. What makes the BR an alright weapon for gameplay is it’s three shot bursts and recoil. You’d have to land all three of the shots out of the five required to kill someone, where as you just need 5 from the DMR.
> The DMR has the highest of BM so that just makes it even more OP.

If the Halo 1 pistol was as weak as a usual pistol in Halo 2/3 the game wouldn’t have been nearly as fun or competitive as it was. The pistol was, even if 3sk, the skillful weapon to use. Leading the shot increased the skill gap but overall not many back in the day said the pistol ruined the game.

Ill agree that I would prefer a Halo 2/3 with just the BR and a good Carbine but I use both the DMR and BR and don’t find a difference, at all, unless I am playing Big Team and I believe it works fine and is fun to use and go against.

> > DMR IS NOT OVERPOWERED!
> >
> > Every… EVERY Halo game has a weapon as versatile as the DMR
> >
> > H1 Pistol
> >
> > H2/3 BR
> >
> > Reach DMR
> >
> > Halo 4 DMR/BR
>
> The problem with this is that in Previous games, it didn’t really have other guns that were SUPPOSED to compare to it.
>
> There was NO other precision weapon in Halo CE
> The carbine of H2 and H3 weren’t spawn weapons
> The Needle Rifle of Reach wasn’t a spawn Weapon
>
> Now with Halo 4, we have 4 precision rifles to choose from to spawn with, which would imply that they are all balanced in the game, as you shouldn’t be put at any sort of disadvantage from Picking the Carbine, or Light Rifle, or BR. There should be cases in which these weapons out perform the DMR.
>
> …simply put, there is NOT.
> The DMR is better in close range, medium range, AND long range.
> So…what’s the use of being able to choose the other 3, of you’re going to be at a disadvantage for doing so?
>
> That needs to be fixed.

The thing is, if a weapon is good at Long range it’s good at all ranges. If it’s good at mid-range it’s good at close range.

> > DMR IS NOT OVERPOWERED!
> >
> > Every… EVERY Halo game has a weapon as versatile as the DMR
> >
> > H1 Pistol
> >
> > H2/3 BR
> >
> > Reach DMR
> >
> > Halo 4 DMR/BR
>
> The problem with this is that in Previous games, it didn’t really have other guns that were SUPPOSED to compare to it.
>
> There was NO other precision weapon in Halo CE
> The carbine of H2 and H3 weren’t spawn weapons
> The Needle Rifle of Reach wasn’t a spawn Weapon
>
> Now with Halo 4, we have 4 precision rifles to choose from to spawn with, which would imply that they are all balanced in the game, as you shouldn’t be put at any sort of disadvantage from Picking the Carbine, or Light Rifle, or BR. There should be cases in which these weapons out perform the DMR.
>
> …simply put, there is NOT.
> The DMR is better in close range, medium range, AND long range.
> So…what’s the use of being able to choose the other 3, of you’re going to be at a disadvantage for doing so?
>
> That needs to be fixed.

I switch between the BR and DMR all the time and find them both equal.

Carbine needs a boost, and light rifle needs a TINY boost in fire rate. That would even them out better than weakening 1 and slowing down the gameplay to that of Reach.

> > > DMR IS NOT OVERPOWERED!
> > >
> > > Every… EVERY Halo game has a weapon as versatile as the DMR
> > >
> > > H1 Pistol
> > >
> > > H2/3 BR
> > >
> > > Reach DMR
> > >
> > > Halo 4 DMR/BR
> >
> > Every Halo game did have a weapon of strong points, but the DMR is almost as bad as the Halo CE Pistol. What makes the BR an alright weapon for gameplay is it’s three shot bursts and recoil. You’d have to land all three of the shots out of the five required to kill someone, where as you just need 5 from the DMR.
> > The DMR has the highest of BM so that just makes it even more OP.
>
> If the Halo 1 pistol was as weak as a usual pistol in Halo 2/3 the game wouldn’t have been nearly as fun or competitive as it was. The pistol was, even if 3sk, the skillful weapon to use. Leading the shot increased the skill gap but overall not many back in the day said the pistol ruined the game.
>
> Ill agree that I would prefer a Halo 2/3 with just the BR and a good Carbine but I use both the DMR and BR and don’t find a difference, at all, unless I am playing Big Team and I believe it works fine and is fun to use and go against.

The DMR is just a strong weapon that’s way too easy to use. I know that the CE pistol was strong, but it wasn’t easy to use.
And there’s a difference between the DMR and the BR. It’s not as noticeable when compared to other pairs, but there is one.

> > > > DMR IS NOT OVERPOWERED!
> > > >
> > > > Every… EVERY Halo game has a weapon as versatile as the DMR
> > > >
> > > > H1 Pistol
> > > >
> > > > H2/3 BR
> > > >
> > > > Reach DMR
> > > >
> > > > Halo 4 DMR/BR
> > >
> > > Every Halo game did have a weapon of strong points, but the DMR is almost as bad as the Halo CE Pistol. What makes the BR an alright weapon for gameplay is it’s three shot bursts and recoil. You’d have to land all three of the shots out of the five required to kill someone, where as you just need 5 from the DMR.
> > > The DMR has the highest of BM so that just makes it even more OP.
> >
> > If the Halo 1 pistol was as weak as a usual pistol in Halo 2/3 the game wouldn’t have been nearly as fun or competitive as it was. The pistol was, even if 3sk, the skillful weapon to use. Leading the shot increased the skill gap but overall not many back in the day said the pistol ruined the game.
> >
> > Ill agree that I would prefer a Halo 2/3 with just the BR and a good Carbine but I use both the DMR and BR and don’t find a difference, at all, unless I am playing Big Team and I believe it works fine and is fun to use and go against.
>
> The DMR is just a strong weapon that’s way too easy to use. I know that the CE pistol was strong, but it wasn’t easy to use.
> And there’s a difference between the DMR and the BR. It’s not as noticeable when compared to other pairs, but there is one.

I think a boost to carbine and a tiny boost in speed to the LR would balance it better than weakening the DMR, leading to slow gameplay which is bad when everyone has sprint and can run away easier.

Also, toning down aim assist is an obvious option

> I switch between the BR and DMR all the time and find them both equal.
>
> Carbine needs a boost, and light rifle needs a TINY boost in fire rate. That would even them out better than weakening 1 and slowing down the gameplay to that of Reach.

Personally, I’ll agree with the BR vs DMR, I have loadouts set up for smaller maps that use the BR instead.
BUT…get two players of equal skill level, give one of them a DMR, and one of them a BR…the DMR is going to win every time, even in close range.

> The thing is, if a weapon is good at Long range it’s good at all ranges. If it’s good at mid-range it’s good at close range.

You heard it here folks, the Sniper Rifle is a good Close Range weapon.

I just want to use the BR. I want the BR to be a better weapon in medium circumstances against the DMR. I really want to use other weapons but with the DMR being as powerful as it is it’s kinda tough to switch.

> > The thing is, if a weapon is good at Long range it’s good at all ranges. If it’s good at mid-range it’s good at close range.
>
> You heard it here folks, the Sniper Rifle is a good Close Range weapon.

Uhm… Yeah? Do you not know how to use it?

> > > The thing is, if a weapon is good at Long range it’s good at all ranges. If it’s good at mid-range it’s good at close range.
> >
> > You heard it here folks, the Sniper Rifle is a good Close Range weapon.
>
> Uhm… Yeah? Do you not know how to use it?

It’s not exactly my weapon of choice when face-to-face with someone.
I much prefer being further away.
And then using weapons that are actually suited for close range…when in close range…

> > > > The thing is, if a weapon is good at Long range it’s good at all ranges. If it’s good at mid-range it’s good at close range.
> > >
> > > You heard it here folks, the Sniper Rifle is a good Close Range weapon.
> >
> > Uhm… Yeah? Do you not know how to use it?
>
> It’s not exactly my weapon of choice when face-to-face with someone.
> I much prefer being further away.
> And then using weapons that are actually suited for close range…when in close range…

A Sniper can still take out a Shotty in close range. A Players inability to use a weapon doesn’t mean the weapon itself is ill-suited for the situation(s).

> > > > > The thing is, if a weapon is good at Long range it’s good at all ranges. If it’s good at mid-range it’s good at close range.
> > > >
> > > > You heard it here folks, the Sniper Rifle is a good Close Range weapon.
> > >
> > > Uhm… Yeah? Do you not know how to use it?
> >
> > It’s not exactly my weapon of choice when face-to-face with someone.
> > I much prefer being further away.
> > And then using weapons that are actually suited for close range…when in close range…
>
> A Sniper can still take out a Shotty in close range. A Players inability to use a weapon doesn’t mean the weapon itself is ill-suited for the situation(s).

A rocket launcher can take out a sniper cross map.
Are you shooting rockets across Ragnarok too?

Yeah, not -Yoink- you could take out a shotgun user with the sniper at close range, but that doesn’t make it suited for close range combat.
It means it’s a strong weapon, and distance doesn’t effective it’s bullets damage.
If you’re holding a shotgun, and a sniper rifle, and you walk into a cave to engage in close range combat, I sure hope you aren’t running in there with the Sniper out expecting to instantly get that snapshot off.

> > > > > > The thing is, if a weapon is good at Long range it’s good at all ranges. If it’s good at mid-range it’s good at close range.
> > > > >
> > > > > You heard it here folks, the Sniper Rifle is a good Close Range weapon.
> > > >
> > > > Uhm… Yeah? Do you not know how to use it?
> > >
> > > It’s not exactly my weapon of choice when face-to-face with someone.
> > > I much prefer being further away.
> > > And then using weapons that are actually suited for close range…when in close range…
> >
> > A Sniper can still take out a Shotty in close range. A Players inability to use a weapon doesn’t mean the weapon itself is ill-suited for the situation(s).
>
> A rocket launcher can take out a sniper cross map.
> Are you shooting rockets across Ragnarok too?
>
> Yeah, not Yoink! you could take out a shotgun user with the sniper at close range, but that doesn’t make it suited for close range combat.
> It means it’s a strong weapon, and distance doesn’t effective it’s bullets damage.
> If you’re holding a shotgun, and a sniper rifle, and you walk into a cave to engage in close range combat, I sure hope you aren’t running in there with the Sniper out expecting to instantly get that snapshot off.

Like I said, it’s dependent on the skill of the player with said weapon. It’s most certainly not advised to use some weapons at certain ranges (or whether or not it can even reach some distances) but that doesn’t mean it could be used.

And a Rocket isn’t a hit-scan weapon, where as the majority of weapons are. In a open space with Rockets you could try to get someone from long-range, but you’d have to lead your shot.