imo, Halo takes more brains than "twitch shooters"

Twitch shooters (such as CoD, Battlefield, etc) reward reaction time. Since the TTK (time to kill) is so fast, whoever gets the first shot(s) off (ignoring the factor of lag) usually wins.

Thing is, anyone can be fast. Well, not anyone, but it’s easier to be fast than being intelligent. I’ve played Battlefield, Modern Warfare, and a BUTTLOAD of Blops. I’ve played even more Halo several times over than all those series combined and have come to a conclusion: since TTK is higher in Halo, you usually need to rely more on playing smart than playing with reaction time.

I mean, you can get away with playing on reaction time in Halo, but playing in a higher level of play, it becomes more about making the best out of a situation since if you are getting shot a few times, you have a few seconds to make a calculated decision based on your environment, what you have equipped, and what the other player(s) are doing, instead of “oh I got shot, I’m dead”

/twocents.

Exactly I whole heartedly agree.

Yeah, for people saying that the TTK for Halo 5 is too low, I have a bunch of reversals that would like to disagree with you.
Edit: Just checked the exact number: 97 reversals out 904 kills. About 1/9 is a reversal for me.

I agree with the sentiment. It has been the trend of games and gamers to move toward shorter TTK because it is traditionally easier to pick up and play.

OP you’re absolutely right. I love battlefield and all but i guess its my halo skills make it a landslide victory for me. Knowing where my team is and figuring out where the enemy team is (skill i learned from halo) lets me sneak up and shoot people in the back far too often in twitch shooters.

> 2533274813469393;4:
> I agree with the sentiment. It has been the trend of games and gamers to move toward shorter TTK because it is traditionally easier to pick up and play.

I mean sometimes its easier take a look at GoW were it is hard to pick up and does usually have short TTK

> 2533274848011469;6:
> > 2533274813469393;4:
> > I agree with the sentiment. It has been the trend of games and gamers to move toward shorter TTK because it is traditionally easier to pick up and play.
>
>
> I mean sometimes its easier take a look at GoW were it is hard to pick up and does usually have short TTK

depends.

“gnasher and cover sliding” exploit makes close combat TTK more of a mini game in itself. Otherwise, you can fire the rifles and pistols into someone and they can back off easily.

well h5 4vs4 arena ttk is already very fast and first see gets kill scenarios occur quite often already.

i new i were smrt for not plying thos othre gaems

> 2533274820441404;8:
> well h5 4vs4 arena ttk is already very fast and first see gets kill scenarios occur quite often already.

I disagree, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

> 2533274883669557;9:
> i new i were smrt for not plying thos othre gaems

werd.

I feel like the motion tracker has always played a big part in making Halo a tactical shooter in that you can see your opponent before you see them, allowing you to anticipate and plan out the encounter. The problem is, in Halo 5, the motion tracker is too small and inconsistent for that to happen.

> 2533274834537210;12:
> I feel like the motion tracker has always played a big part in making Halo a tactical shooter in that you can see your opponent before you see them, allowing you to anticipate and plan out the encounter. The problem is, in Halo 5, the motion tracker is too small and inconsistent for that to happen.

I know what you mean, but I feel like there’s a lot of “hints” for players to anticipate the opponent:
player hit marker
enemy hit marker
audio cues
spartan chatter
carnage report
…In a few seconds I can see and hear where the enemy is, where I’m getting shot from, how many players on either team are alive or respawning, and what weapons players have.

> 2535437652903765;3:
> Yeah, for people saying that the TTK for Halo 5 is too low, I have a bunch of reversals that would like to disagree with you.

I was going to make this same point. Is there a CoD equivalent to a reversal medal? I’d imagine it has to be a rare thing to kill someone who got the drop on you first.

> 2533274825044752;14:
> > 2535437652903765;3:
> > Yeah, for people saying that the TTK for Halo 5 is too low, I have a bunch of reversals that would like to disagree with you.
>
>
> I was going to make this same point. Is there a CoD equivalent to a reversal medal? I’d imagine it has to be a rare thing to kill someone who got the drop on you first.

and you’d have to be REALLY bad to get reversed in CoD.

> 2533274825044752;14:
> > 2535437652903765;3:
> > Yeah, for people saying that the TTK for Halo 5 is too low, I have a bunch of reversals that would like to disagree with you.
>
>
> I was going to make this same point. Is there a CoD equivalent to a reversal medal? I’d imagine it has to be a rare thing to kill someone who got the drop on you first.

There is the “survival” medal in BO3, meaning if you take damage first then proceed to kill someone (it doesn’t matter if it was the same person who put damage on you) after while you are still injured.

IMO, while you can certainty not suck in twitch shooters like Battlefield or CoD just by having nice twitch skills, it is not the only skill that matters by any means. CoD, especially when you are talking deathmatch is a game of understanding your opponents. With CoD maps generally being 3 “lanes”, it is crucial to understand the traffic of these 3 lanes as it pertains to the specific players you’re up against. Some people like to push the spawn while others prefer to sit back on their side so the spawns don’t switch. It’s is all about controlling lines of sight. Good CoD teams use strategy just as Halo teams do… although because of the longer TTK and the fact that Halo has power weapons to fight over, teamwork is probably more important in Halo.

I’m not really too fond of sweeping generalizations, but I think there is some truth as well as a difference in skill. When I was playing CoD, there were some players that were always at the top, just as in Halo or any other shooter. These players were also good at other shooters as well, which leads me to believe that there is something beyond just reaction time and reflexes. I think getting the drop on some one does help you with a low TTK, but just as with Halo, I’ve seen it in CoD just as much. Granted, I dropped off CoD after the last MW, so I don’t know if the new mobility has changed that, and if so, to what degree. So, I would say that it’s part of it, but doesn’t tell the whole story.

> 2533274797328974;16:
> > 2533274825044752;14:
> > > 2535437652903765;3:
> > > Yeah, for people saying that the TTK for Halo 5 is too low, I have a bunch of reversals that would like to disagree with you.
> >
> >
> > I was going to make this same point. Is there a CoD equivalent to a reversal medal? I’d imagine it has to be a rare thing to kill someone who got the drop on you first.
>
>
> There is the “survival” medal in BO3, meaning if you take damage first then proceed to kill someone (it doesn’t matter if it was the same person who put damage on you) after while you are still injured.
>
> IMO, while you can certainty not suck in twitch shooters like Battlefield or CoD just by having nice twitch skills, it is not the only skill that matters by any means. CoD, especially when you are talking deathmatch is a game of understanding your opponents. With CoD maps generally being 3 “lanes”, it is crucial to understand the traffic of these 3 lanes as it pertains to the specific players you’re up against. Some people like to push the spawn while others prefer to sit back on their side so the spawns don’t switch. It’s is all about controlling lines of sight. Good CoD teams use strategy just as Halo teams do… although because of the longer TTK and the fact that Halo has power weapons to fight over, teamwork is probably more important in Halo.

I think that’s a huge part of it. There seems to be a lot more “lone wolves” these days, and bad matches are usually a result of being solo and getting stomped by a team who is actually communicating and working together.

Dude, I definitely agree. I don’t always play smart in Halo, but I almost instantly get punished for it, and I actually like that.

Also, here’s a clip of mine that supports your claim.

> 2533274807773315;17:
> I’m not really too fond of sweeping generalizations, but I think there is some truth as well as a difference in skill. When I was playing CoD, there were some players that were always at the top, just as in Halo or any other shooter. These players were also good at other shooters as well, which leads me to believe that there is something beyond just reaction time and reflexes. I think getting the drop on some one does help you with a low TTK, but just as with Halo, I’ve seen it in CoD just as much. Granted, I dropped off CoD after the last MW, so I don’t know if the new mobility has changed that, and if so, to what degree. So, I would say that it’s part of it, but doesn’t tell the whole story.

Neither am I a fan of generalizations, but we’re talking about vidya gamex here. LOL.

Idk, when I played Blops 3 for the first time ever, I had no idea what map, what weapon, or perks were. Hell, I just asked my friend “what’s the shoot and jump button?” And I ended up like 25-23. Not bad. I just used reaction speed rather than map knowledge, spawn control, weapon familiarity, etc

…If I went in a new Halo game, I’d get wrecked.