IMO, 4th Map Pack & why!

The Castle Map Pack takes the GS to 1750 with 9 additional achievements.

If 343i does do Halo 2 Anniversary, IMO, there will be a 4th map pack, just like one was with Halo CE anniversary and playable on Halo Reach. IMO, if Halo 2 comes out, it will have a map pack playable on Halo 4.

That’ll be 2000 GS!

343i have said they will preview the Castle Map Pack at PSX in late March and also talk about it and their future plans for Halo 4.

That leaves E3 for the next game to be announced, if at all.

Alternatively, they (343i) might just release a 4th map pack without it being attached to any new game.It is because they have released the three, Crimson, Majestic and Castle so close to each other, lends weight that one might come at a later date, with or without a game connected to it.

I simply do not believe for a moment, that within 4 and a half months, they release the game and all three map packs and that’s it. There will be more,in my view.

What do you think?

With 9 additional achievements? Confirmed by who?

> With 9 additional achievements? Confirmed by who?

Major Nelson of -Yoink!- at third paragrapgh:

I doubt it

Yea, that 1750GS added up quickly.

> I doubt it

Pity, really, if they don’t, it’s almost as if they knew Halo 4 would have a short life-span!

NO NO NO!!! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT. HALO 2 WILL HAVE CLASSIC MULTIPLAYER…HALO AND ORIGINAL MULTIPLAYER.

> NO NO NO!!! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT. HALO 2 WILL HAVE CLASSIC MULTIPLAYER…HALO AND ORIGINAL MULTIPLAYER.

Halo 2 is the only Halo I have never played.

While the idea of a Halo 2 anniversary is appealing, as I’ve been told it’s the longest Halo campaign, having the Halo 2 MM(original) would be cool too.

However, why I believe 343i won’t add MM to Halo 2, if they even release/make it, is because they would not want to lose any more of the population base of Halo 4, as they would migrate to Halo 2 MM. IMO though, I believe that if 343i did also have the original Halo 2 MM, it would fade quickly as too many would prefer the Halo 4 style MM. The Halo 4 population would be greater.

Time well tell…

No one in their right mind would buy Halo 2: Anniversary unless it had original multiplayer, not a Halo 4 integrated whatnot. I can understand not using Halo: CE multiplayer as it wasn’t written for online play, but Halo 2 was.

I would not want to play Halo 2 maps in Halo 4’s engine unless Halo 4 gets a real Title Update at some point in the future that truly fixes the game.

> > NO NO NO!!! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT. HALO 2 WILL HAVE CLASSIC MULTIPLAYER…HALO AND ORIGINAL MULTIPLAYER.
>
> Halo 2 is the only Halo I have never played.
>
> While the idea of a Halo 2 anniversary is appealing, as I’ve been told it’s the longest Halo campaign, having the Halo 2 MM(original) would be cool too.
>
> However, why I believe 343i won’t add MM to Halo 2, if they even release/make it, is because they would not want to lose any more of the population base of Halo 4, as they would migrate to Halo 2 MM. IMO though, I believe that if 343i did also have the original Halo 2 MM, it would fade quickly as too many would prefer the Halo 4 style MM. The Halo 4 population would be greater.
>
> Time well tell…

You missed out on Halo 2? Maaan…good times. :slight_smile:

With Love,
Your Mom,
~AnonomissX~

If Halo 2 doesn’t come with original updated MP I’d be pretty upset. I’d at least want Halo 2 multiplayer for XBLA.

> No one in their right mind would buy Halo 2: Anniversary unless it had original multiplayer, not a Halo 4 integrated whatnot. I can understand not using Halo: CE multiplayer as it wasn’t written for online play, but Halo 2 was.
>
> I would not want to play Halo 2 maps in Halo 4’s engine unless Halo 4 gets a real Title Update at some point in the future that truly fixes the game.

I would buy it simply for the remastered campaign!

> > NO NO NO!!! I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT. HALO 2 WILL HAVE CLASSIC MULTIPLAYER…HALO AND ORIGINAL MULTIPLAYER.
>
> Halo 2 is the only Halo I have never played.
>
> While the idea of a Halo 2 anniversary is appealing, as I’ve been told it’s the longest Halo campaign, having the Halo 2 MM(original) would be cool too.
>
> However, why I believe 343i won’t add MM to Halo 2, if they even release/make it, is because they would not want to lose any more of the population base of Halo 4, as they would migrate to Halo 2 MM. IMO though, I believe that if 343i did also have the original Halo 2 MM, it would fade quickly as too many would prefer the Halo 4 style MM. The Halo 4 population would be greater.
>
> Time well tell…

That game did not have the longest Campaign it was just annoying on Legendary.

I fear Halo 4 gets the same treatment Gears of War 3 got. That game had its DLCs pumped out so fast and then literally no support for the game after that. Everyone knows 343 is working on H5 for the nextbox…

But a new map pack? Why would anyone pay for new huge maps when they are doing good free competitive forge maps?!

> <mark>No one in their right mind would buy Halo 2: Anniversary unless it had original multiplayer</mark>, not a Halo 4 integrated whatnot. I can understand not using Halo: CE multiplayer as it wasn’t written for online play, but Halo 2 was.
>
> I would not want to play Halo 2 maps in Halo 4’s engine unless Halo 4 gets a real Title Update at some point in the future that truly fixes the game.

Nonsense.
I’d buy H2A for the joy of seeing Old Mombasa and Delta Halo in all their HD glory alone.
And if the multiplayer was part of the H4 suite, just without the H4 specific gameplay “rules”, you wouldn’t hear me complain as well.
I mean, as much as I love H2 (and I love it a lot, to the point of me saying its the best FPS game period), I really wouldn’t enjoy the glitches again (in matchmaking that is, in customs I’m fine with them), or the buttoncombos.

All I really want is to play H2 online again, with the same weapons and the same maps. That’s it. Nostalgia won’t let me have the exact same experience as I had between 2004-2007 anyways, so changing things up a LITTLE won’t hurt me.

> The Castle Map Pack takes the GS to 1750 with 9 additional achievements.
>
> If 343i does do Halo 2 Anniversary, IMO, there will be a 4th map pack, just like one was with Halo CE anniversary and playable on Halo Reach. IMO, if Halo 2 comes out, it will have a map pack playable on Halo 4.
>
> That’ll be 2000 GS!
>
> 343i have said they will preview the Castle Map Pack at PSX in late March and also talk about it and their future plans for Halo 4.
>
> That leaves E3 for the next game to be announced, if at all.
>
> Alternatively, they (343i) might just release a 4th map pack without it being attached to any new game.It is because they have released the three, Crimson, Majestic and Castle so close to each other, lends weight that one might come at a later date, with or without a game connected to it.
>
> I simply do not believe for a moment, that within 4 and a half months, they release the game and all three map packs and that’s it. There will be more,in my view.
>
> What do you think?

well, halo 5 will not come out this year (and all halo games comes out late on the year) so with the ‘‘last’’ MP out in just a month… i hope and guess it will be a forth and last MP with the H2 ann :slight_smile: If this is gonna happen at all :stuck_out_tongue: HOPE SO!

> > The Castle Map Pack takes the GS to 1750 with 9 additional achievements.
> >
> > If 343i does do Halo 2 Anniversary, IMO, there will be a 4th map pack, just like one was with Halo CE anniversary and playable on Halo Reach. IMO, if Halo 2 comes out, it will have a map pack playable on Halo 4.
> >
> > That’ll be 2000 GS!
> >
> > 343i have said they will preview the Castle Map Pack at PSX in late March and also talk about it and their future plans for Halo 4.
> >
> > That leaves E3 for the next game to be announced, if at all.
> >
> > Alternatively, they (343i) might just release a 4th map pack without it being attached to any new game.It is because they have released the three, Crimson, Majestic and Castle so close to each other, lends weight that one might come at a later date, with or without a game connected to it.
> >
> > I simply do not believe for a moment, that within 4 and a half months, they release the game and all three map packs and that’s it. There will be more,in my view.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> well, halo 5 will not come out this year (and all halo games comes out late on the year) so with the ‘‘last’’ MP out in just a month… i hope and guess it will be a forth and last MP with the H2 ann :slight_smile: If this is gonna happen at all :stuck_out_tongue: HOPE SO!

People seem to forget that if they want “Halo 2 Anniversary,” they will need to wait until almost 2015.

> > > The Castle Map Pack takes the GS to 1750 with 9 additional achievements.
> > >
> > > If 343i does do Halo 2 Anniversary, IMO, there will be a 4th map pack, just like one was with Halo CE anniversary and playable on Halo Reach. IMO, if Halo 2 comes out, it will have a map pack playable on Halo 4.
> > >
> > > That’ll be 2000 GS!
> > >
> > > 343i have said they will preview the Castle Map Pack at PSX in late March and also talk about it and their future plans for Halo 4.
> > >
> > > That leaves E3 for the next game to be announced, if at all.
> > >
> > > Alternatively, they (343i) might just release a 4th map pack without it being attached to any new game.It is because they have released the three, Crimson, Majestic and Castle so close to each other, lends weight that one might come at a later date, with or without a game connected to it.
> > >
> > > I simply do not believe for a moment, that within 4 and a half months, they release the game and all three map packs and that’s it. There will be more,in my view.
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> >
> > well, halo 5 will not come out this year (and all halo games comes out late on the year) so with the ‘‘last’’ MP out in just a month… i hope and guess it will be a forth and last MP with the H2 ann :slight_smile: If this is gonna happen at all :stuck_out_tongue: HOPE SO!
>
> People seem to forget that if they want “Halo 2 Anniversary,” they will need to wait until almost 2015.

why?

> No one in their right mind would buy Halo 2: Anniversary unless it had original multiplayer, not a Halo 4 integrated whatnot. I can understand not using Halo: CE multiplayer as it wasn’t written for online play, but Halo 2 was.
>

Guess I am not in my right mind.

> > > The Castle Map Pack takes the GS to 1750 with 9 additional achievements.
> > >
> > > If 343i does do Halo 2 Anniversary, IMO, there will be a 4th map pack, just like one was with Halo CE anniversary and playable on Halo Reach. IMO, if Halo 2 comes out, it will have a map pack playable on Halo 4.
> > >
> > > That’ll be 2000 GS!
> > >
> > > 343i have said they will preview the Castle Map Pack at PSX in late March and also talk about it and their future plans for Halo 4.
> > >
> > > That leaves E3 for the next game to be announced, if at all.
> > >
> > > Alternatively, they (343i) might just release a 4th map pack without it being attached to any new game.It is because they have released the three, Crimson, Majestic and Castle so close to each other, lends weight that one might come at a later date, with or without a game connected to it.
> > >
> > > I simply do not believe for a moment, that within 4 and a half months, they release the game and all three map packs and that’s it. There will be more,in my view.
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> >
> > well, halo 5 will not come out this year (and all halo games comes out late on the year) so with the ‘‘last’’ MP out in just a month… i hope and guess it will be a forth and last MP with the H2 ann :slight_smile: If this is gonna happen at all :stuck_out_tongue: HOPE SO!
>
> People seem to forget that if they want “Halo 2 Anniversary,” they will need to wait until almost 2015.

Please explain, how we would need to wait till 2015?
Lol, the 10 year anniversary will be in late 2014