Imagine the Infinity as a Warzone map

Imagine the infinity as a warzone map that you could fight inside on foot or in ground vehicles or even get in a Pelican/Longsword and then take the battle outside around the hull. It would just be massive.

This would make for some awesome DLC.

Hmm… The only problem I see with this is that the infinity is very compartmentalized, and the only large areas inside the ship are the hangers and engine rooms… They would have to tweak with the inside alot to make it possible, but that would be pretty sweet.

Wow- nice idea, even if it’s just a select section of it. Lots of semi-open areas, verticality, and different routes and nooks and crannies, too. That would rock. Bosses and their support would be those who have boarded the ship at various docking bays, airlocks, and/or hull breaches.

That would be cool, but you’d need servers that were capable of holding 20x the amount that planetside 2 can contain.

If I’m not mistaken, Halo 5 Warzone and Arena are still supposed to be training simulations happening aboard the Infinity…
So they’d be simulating the Infinity inside the actual Infinity. YO DAWG!!

> 2533274944778648;4:
> That would be cool, but you’d need servers that were capable of holding 20x the amount that planetside 2 can contain.

It wouldn’t need to be the entirety of the infinity. But I agree, it would be alot of stuff going on at once.

you never know, they haven’t announced all the launch/dlc maps.

> 2533274819029930;5:
> If I’m not mistaken, Halo 5 Warzone and Arena are still supposed to be training simulations happening aboard the Infinity…
> So they’d be simulating the Infinity inside the actual Infinity. YO DAWG!!

I think that only applies to Arena, not Warzone. WarZone has the pelican drops into every map, rather than just being in a simulation.

Lol then the map will not have any vehicles
other than that, this could work.

> 2533274844683863;8:
> > 2533274819029930;5:
> > If I’m not mistaken, Halo 5 Warzone and Arena are still supposed to be training simulations happening aboard the Infinity…
> > So they’d be simulating the Infinity inside the actual Infinity. YO DAWG!!
>
>
> I think that only applies to Arena, not Warzone. WarZone has the pelican drops into every map, rather than just being in a simulation.

343 mentioned that the AI Marines in Warzone are bots within a simulation, not actual Marines (so you don’t feel bad shooting them).
So it’s a sim, and I’d assume it’s still aboard the Infinity since Palmer is the announcer.

You know thats a mindblowing idea! I imagine it being as a simulation of the Infinity being under attack. And we did see alot of open combat spots in H4’s Spartan Ops. I think it could defintly work out, and who knows, 343 may see this thread and put it as future DLC! :slight_smile:

> 2533274887515153;6:
> > 2533274944778648;4:
> > That would be cool, but you’d need servers that were capable of holding 20x the amount that planetside 2 can contain.
>
>
> It wouldn’t need to be the entirety of the infinity. But I agree, it would be alot of stuff going on at once.

Agreed, but they would need to make the structure really claustrophobic in order for it to work in gameplay, and at that point it might as well be another map with a different asthetic, but the idea of flying things like sabres or longswords in space dogfights would be a cool implementation, since it was left out of Reach.

I like the idea but I don’t think it has to be in the Infinity ship.
Remember that dlc map from halo reach, Anchor 9, where you could go outside into outer space?
It could be like that, on a space station, except a really big space station where you can go outside maybe onto a moon or meteor and fight :smiley:

> 2533274906156262;9:
> Lol then the map will not have any vehicles
> other than that, this could work.

You could have mantis’ and warthogs as I here is a Halo 4 mission where you are saving the Infinity in a Mantis. It shows how the infinfinity is very big and has massive open spaces for combat.

> 2533274906156262;9:
> Lol then the map will not have any vehicles
> other than that, this could work.

They could have mongooses possibly ghosts too, warthogs in the hangar if they add that in and maybe aircrafts too(only if the hangar is big enough or they provide an area outside the infinity meant for aircrafts). Although they could do what Bf4 did with Operation Locker, have it a infantry specific map but instead its 12v12 with PvP/PvE instead.

Infinity’s got some huge spaces inside it - I’d looooove to see a Warzone map based on some section of the super ship!

> 2533274844683863;8:
> > 2533274819029930;5:
> > If I’m not mistaken, Halo 5 Warzone and Arena are still supposed to be training simulations happening aboard the Infinity…
> > So they’d be simulating the Infinity inside the actual Infinity. YO DAWG!!
>
>
> I think that only applies to Arena, not Warzone. WarZone has the pelican drops into every map, rather than just being in a simulation.

Palmer says “initiating Warzone simulation” at the beginning of Warzone matches.

I could see that, covenant and promethean invaders in the Infinity. Pretty cool concept.

Dude, u just blown my mind with that idea. O_O

It’d be cool.

I’d allow it