Imagine Halo... With No Grenades

I was thinking… what would halo be like if there was no grenades in the game?
How would the game change?

What if grenades were a power weapon like they are in gears of war?

How do you think it would be different?

more camping

Halo has always been about the golden three; Weapons, grenades, and melee. Take away one of those and the entire sandbox changes drastically.

I think the problem is that every aspect of the golden three has been turned up to eleven for this game. Guns have insane TTKs. Melee range is huge thanks to Spartan Charge. And grenades do insane damage over an insane range and even make thrusters pointless.

And no, I don’t think what I said about is a good thing.

It would be not the same, I do not think it would be better though because of the amount of camping I’ve seen, the grenade is great at flushing someone out .

> What if grenades didn’t exist?

You’d be reducing quite a bit of combat depth, and the individual would become even weaker and even more reliant on his team.

Weapon Nading and Grenade Jumping would be eliminated…though they pretty much already have been.

The player’s capacity for area denial would be reduced, and certain power positions would become much stronger if not practically invincible because you can’t effectively flush people out of them. Say someone is in a sniper tower, they can just duck behind cover once they take too much damage and you have absolutely no way of hurting them unless you have rockets or something. Likewise, someone can camp in a small room with a CQC weapon and you have absolutely no way of countering them unless you possess a CQC weapon of your own (even then they have the advantage of seeing you first).

> What if grenades were a power weapon like they are in gears of war?

To an extent that’s already the case. Splinter Grenades are extremely powerful but still pretty situational compared to something like Rockets. Plasma Grenades are too powerful in BTB modes to spawn with.

> 2533274856723140;3:
> Halo has always been about the golden three; Weapons, grenades, and melee. Take away one of those and the entire sandbox changes drastically.
>
> I think the problem is that every aspect of the golden three has been turned up to eleven for this game. Guns have insane TTKs. Melee range is huge thanks to Spartan Charge. And grenades do insane damage over an insane range and even make thrusters pointless.
>
> And no, I don’t think what I said about is a good thing.

The thrusters make it so you can dodge most of the grenade. If they were like halo 4, grenades would be pointless. Grenades are balanced to compensate for thruster. You couldn’t thrust in the original trilogy so grenades weren’t as powerful. I also now think it’s the golden 4, not golden 3: weapons, grenades, melee, Spartan abilities.

OP, it would just encourage camping. Grenades are actually a strategy like a last ditch attempt at survival, to slow down an enemy that’s chasing you, or to flush out campers.

If they removed grenades I wouldn’t get Hail Mary’s from all those people who think they are safe in their bases.

> 2535455681930574;6:
> > 2533274856723140;3:
> > Halo has always been about the golden three; Weapons, grenades, and melee. Take away one of those and the entire sandbox changes drastically.
> >
> > I think the problem is that every aspect of the golden three has been turned up to eleven for this game. Guns have insane TTKs. Melee range is huge thanks to Spartan Charge. And grenades do insane damage over an insane range and even make thrusters pointless.
> >
> > And no, I don’t think what I said about is a good thing.
>
>
> The thrusters make it so you can dodge most of the grenade. If they were like halo 4, grenades would be pointless. Grenades are balanced to compensate for thruster. You couldn’t thrust in the original trilogy so grenades weren’t as powerful. I also now think it’s the golden 4, not golden 3: weapons, grenades, melee, Spartan abilities.
>
> OP, it would just encourage camping. Grenades are actually a strategy like a last ditch attempt at survival, to slow down an enemy that’s chasing you, or to flush out campers.

Spartan Abilites can’t kill you, except ground pound and Spartan charge, which are classed as melees. The thrusters, sprint, clamber, and auto-stabilize are part of mobility, which as always been a separate topic.

It would become just like call of duty… Lol what I mean is that you don’t use grenades while in combat.

i suspect we would have more weapons like the reach grenade launcher instead, or kill times would be dramatically reduced to allow an entrenched team to be ousted.

> 2535455681930574;6:
> > 2533274856723140;3:
> > Halo has always been about the golden three; Weapons, grenades, and melee. Take away one of those and the entire sandbox changes drastically.
> >
> > I think the problem is that every aspect of the golden three has been turned up to eleven for this game. Guns have insane TTKs. Melee range is huge thanks to Spartan Charge. And grenades do insane damage over an insane range and even make thrusters pointless.
> >
> > And no, I don’t think what I said about is a good thing.
>
>
> The thrusters make it so you can dodge most of the grenade. If they were like halo 4, grenades would be pointless. Grenades are balanced to compensate for thruster. You couldn’t thrust in the original trilogy so grenades weren’t as powerful. I also now think it’s the golden 4, not golden 3: weapons, grenades, melee, Spartan abilities.
>
> OP, it would just encourage camping. Grenades are actually a strategy like a last ditch attempt at survival, to slow down an enemy that’s chasing you, or to flush out campers.

There can be no greater heresy. Dont you dare try to add something to the holy trinity. There aint s#*t golden about SA’s. With any luck, they’ll be gone once the titanfall copy pasting 3d movement fad is phased out.

> 2533274856723140;3:
> Halo has always been about the golden three; Weapons, grenades, and melee. Take away one of those and the entire sandbox changes drastically.
>
> I think the problem is that every aspect of the golden three has been turned up to eleven for this game. Guns have insane TTKs. Melee range is huge thanks to Spartan Charge. And grenades do insane damage over an insane range and even make thrusters pointless.
>
> And no, I don’t think what I said about is a good thing.

Amen to that.
Completely irrelevant, but are the Spartan IVs weaker than the previous models, or are the… ahem… weapons “stronger?”

The plinking of grenades is like background music for Halo.