Imagine a Halo game without Splitscreen campaign?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I am furious with the decision to not include local splitscreen on Halo 5’s campaign, it makes me and my fiancée who spend hours and hours each night playing. its our favourite game, mainly because we can both play it at the same time rather than arguing who’s turn is it to play on xbox.
probably the worst decision 343i has made since taking over the series in my opinion…
i would understand them dropping splitscreen from multiplayer more than campaign… as it effects lag, connections and glitches more profound on multiplayer…
but dropping it from campaign is really crazy…
so so soooo disappointed by this news :frowning:

> 2533274813427943;1:
>

There will be a 2 player coop for campaign, just not 4 player.

> 2533275014949226;2:
> > 2533274813427943;1:
> >
>
>
> There will be a 2 player coop for campaign, just not 4 player.

nah mate… your obviously not up to date with Halo 5 news…

Just a heads up, this thread is likely to get locked as soon as a mod is online as there is already a thread dedicated to splitscreen

This concludes the public service announcement

> 2533274813427943;3:
> > 2533275014949226;2:
> > > 2533274813427943;1:
> > >
> >
> >
> > There will be a 2 player coop for campaign, just not 4 player.
>
>
> nah mate… your obviously not up to date with Halo 5 news…
> http://www.destructoid.com/halo-5-campaign-doesn-t-have-splitscreen-co-op-293699.phtml

Reread Josh’s tweet about splitscreen. Apparently splitscreen will be only for MP and just for 2 people. :frowning:

I really don’t understand why people are treating 343 like they want to take it out. Obviously it’s removed for performance issues.
Does anyone else remember how god awful split screen was for reach? Yes it sucks. But I’d rather have a game that preforms well with a few less things then a game that has issues.

> 2535422112705145;6:
> I really don’t understand why people are treating 343 like they want to take it out. Obviously it’s removed for performance issues.
> Does anyone else remember how god awful split screen was for reach? Yes it sucks. But I’d rather have a game that preforms well with a few less things then a game that has issues.

I would as well and given all the (mostly legitimate) criticisms 343i have taken over MCC, I understand their thinking. It sounds like a technical limitation of the code but hopefully it’ll be clarified at E3

> 2533274906745123;7:
> > 2535422112705145;6:
> > I really don’t understand why people are treating 343 like they want to take it out. Obviously it’s removed for performance issues.
> > Does anyone else remember how god awful split screen was for reach? Yes it sucks. But I’d rather have a game that preforms well with a few less things then a game that has issues.
>
>
> I would as well and given all the (mostly legitimate) criticisms 343i have taken over MCC, I understand their thinking. It sounds like a technical limitation of the code but hopefully it’ll be clarified at E3

I have no doubt they would explain it. Considering how big campaign is along side MP in terms of importance in the franchise.
I personally want to know why they didn’t add firefight in odst.

I’m imagining it… I can see it now!

no but seriously, if you care so much about local multiplayer get a Wii U. Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Party, 3D World, etc are all great. More and more developers are gonna be stripping features because that’s what next gen is I guess.

> 2533274813427943;1:
>

I can imagine it, it’ll be like every other halo campaign I’ve played

The same as any other Halo to me. Never played Halo splitscreen for long, splitscreen damages the experience by taking away too much of the screen. Online co op is a much better solution.

-Yoink- happens. Check all other games.

I’ll be perfectly honest, I don’t mind the lack of split screen that much. For starters the TV I use for my xbox is rather small, plus when I do play split screen I always find the smaller screen size annoying and rather difficult to play with. Just my opinion and I can understand why some people won’t be too happy, but i’m sure we’ll have some kind of 2 player split screen, which is a bit more practical if you ask me.

I haven’t played halo sits eeen I’m years. So it’s basically the same thing as usual.

As I have not played split screen co op since GOLDENEYE I can very well imagine a Halo game (having played all of them in this fashion) without split screen and I am quite happy 343 tossed the feature in favor of more production value

Your ball OP.

How many days until these threads stop?

> 2533274813427943;1:
> I am furious with the decision to not include local splitscreen on Halo 5’s campaign, it makes me and my fiancée who spend hours and hours each night playing. its our favourite game, mainly because we can both play it at the same time rather than arguing who’s turn is it to play on xbox.

Well if you really love your fiancee you would just buy her her own Xbox One, problem solved

Basically every Halo since Reach for me. Haven’t done it since Halo 3 and even that was just a couple times (can count on one hand probably), so I can imagine it pretty clearly

> 2533274799834163;17:
> > 2533274813427943;1:
> > I am furious with the decision to not include local splitscreen on Halo 5’s campaign, it makes me and my fiancée who spend hours and hours each night playing. its our favourite game, mainly because we can both play it at the same time rather than arguing who’s turn is it to play on xbox.
>
>
> Well if you really love your fiancee you would just buy her her own Xbox One, problem solved

Just like buying her a car, so he can take her for a picnic outside the town. Great problem solving, except that there shouldn’t be the problem in the first place.

I think the last time I played split screen was Golden Eye. Won’t miss it at all, I hated it then and now.