I'm Worried for the Campaign

Right now, I’m not so worried about the multiplayer, but the campaign. Several times 343 has brought up that they are trying to dive into Chief’s more “human” side. This could work, but when they did say that it reminded me of another game.

Have you ever played Metroid: Other M? I’m sure you’ve heard of the Metroid series before, but Other M is the newest title to the series. When they were making that game, they too said they wanted to dig deeper into Samus’ character, past experiences, and other stuff like that. Once the game came out, the fans were angered a bit and did not like how they did that. Like they lost touch of Samus’ character, and in some cases, her character seemed weak.

I got off topic, but do you get my point? 343 is taking this same route and I’m just a bit worried that Chief might lose his identity. The quiet, lone wolf he is. You might disagree, which is fine, but that’s just my point of view.

…and everyone else is worried about Mutiplayer.

Trust me hell will break loose if Mutiplayer is poor.

Metroid Other M was a fine game sir. I rather enjoyed it. The problem most people had was the voice actor of Samus. The Halo 4 campaign will be what it is. If it fails nobody will get Halo 5 or 6 and 343 will be done.

I have trust in 343 Industries.
Mark my words.
Halo 4 will be epic.

PeacE
ShadEO9

> Metroid Other M was a fine game sir. I rather enjoyed it. The problem most people had was the voice actor of Samus. The Halo 4 campaign will be what it is. If it fails nobody will get Halo 5 or 6 and 343 will be done.

Let’s be honest, you’ll buy 5 and 6 either way…

> …and everyone else is worried about Mutiplayer.
>
> Trust me hell will break loose if Mutiplayer is poor.

Multiplayer is definitely very important, but the campaign, more importantly, the chief, is the face of the game.

> Have you ever played Metroid: Other M?

Yes, it was pretty fun.

> I’m sure you’ve heard of the Metroid series before, but Other M is the newest title to the series. When they were making that game, they too said they wanted to dig deeper into Samus’ character, past experiences, and other stuff like that. Once the game came out, the fans were angered a bit and did not like how they did that. Like they lost touch of Samus’ character, and in some cases, her character seemed weak.

The blame rests more on the fans in this case. I could point out how every “complaint” towards her character was completely overblown. The only thing I can understand is their distaste for Samus not being able to use her weapons until told to by Adam. Yet even then, there is a reason for it and it a breath of fresh air compared to having them in the beginning and just losing them…again.

> I got off topic, but do you get my point? 343 is taking this same route and I’m just a bit worried that Chief might lose his identity. The quiet, lone wolf he is. You might disagree, which is fine, but that’s just my point of view.

After seeing a more characterized, if barely, Chief in the novels and seeing the game Chief being nothing more than a one-liner spouting brick, they should do something. He’s suffered a lot of trauma and I would be shocked if they didn’t build on it.

As long as they don’t show his face I’ll be happy. Even if they show cutscenes of his past as a kid or being born, I wanna see a baby Chief with his iconic helmet on.