I'm worried about vehicle combat.

Why? Well for the playlists/gametypes where you do get to choose what’s in your loadout, why wouldn’t everyone choose plasma pistol for maps with vehicles? Of course one could make the argument that not everyone will, but that doesn’t change the fact that everyone COULD. In these playlists/gametypes in which everyone can start and re-spawn with a plasma pistol it seems to me that vehicle combat would be all but dead.

Can anyone ease my fears? I would appreciate it.
:[

this was the first thing I thought of when I heard about loadouts spawn with a plasma pistol and even just one sticky nade vehicles become much much less of a threat

Elite Slayer… Not game-breaking

PPs don’t destroy vehicles, they just paralyze them.

Should create some parity between infantry and vehicles now though, with infantry being able to sprint with other AAs reducing the mobility gap, and being able to force the vehicles to play tactically like infantry has had to against vehicles. Well, land vehicles. Banshees will probably be able to do air tricks and dodge that stuff, making them still brokenly powerful.

> Of course one could make the argument that not everyone will, but that doesn’t change the fact that everyone COULD.

Wat

> Elite Slayer… Not game-breaking

Covenant weapons in reach were never very effective against vehicles as ‘follow up’ weapons go; now that everyone can have a precision weapon with their PP why wouldn’t everyone - in reaction to vehicles - just use the PP against a vehicle and then just shoot the driver until they die or have the entire team PP’ing the vehicle until someone can deal with it? One or two people on a team doing that is par the course, but with everyone having that mindset…

From what I heard, Plasma Pistols recieved a nerf. Their tracking isn’t as good as it use to be. As for the sticky nades, not sure…

> From what I heard, Plasma Pistols recieved a nerf. Their tracking isn’t as good as it use to be. As for the sticky nades, not sure…

Ah, well that’s music to my ears.

I was thinking this to, or the ability to run noob combo whenever you want. The solution I see is to create 2 or 3 more sidearms that are cooler/different game play options than the plasma pistol. I can imagine them at LEAST creating 1 new sidearm weapon, but I think 2 or 3 would be a sweet spot for increased play style customization.

> > Elite Slayer… Not game-breaking
>
> Covenant weapons in reach were never very effective against vehicles as ‘follow up’ weapons go; now that everyone can have a precision weapon with their PP why wouldn’t everyone - in reaction to vehicles - just use the PP against a vehicle and then just shoot the driver until they die or have the entire team PP’ing the vehicle until someone can deal with it? One or two people on a team doing that is par the course, but with everyone having that mindset…

You also had a plasma nade to follow up the PP shot but it still didn’t destroy that gametype.

Has it been confirmed that the PP still has the vehicle stun effect? And yeah the thought of everyone having access to the noob combo straight off the bat makes me shudder.

> > > Elite Slayer… Not game-breaking
> >
> > Covenant weapons in reach were never very effective against vehicles as ‘follow up’ weapons go; now that everyone can have a precision weapon with their PP why wouldn’t everyone - in reaction to vehicles - just use the PP against a vehicle and then just shoot the driver until they die or have the entire team PP’ing the vehicle until someone can deal with it? One or two people on a team doing that is par the course, but with everyone having that mindset…
>
> You also had a plasma nade to follow up the PP shot but it still didn’t destroy that gametype.

Which people may or might not have had at the point of PP’ing the opposing vehicle. With precision weapons in H4 in addition to spawning with plasma grenades AND the capacity to have infinite sprint (or at least basic sprint at all times) there IS a valid concern here.

I think it would be much better if the EMP effect lasted for a much shorter time than in Reach.

> Has it been confirmed that the PP still has the vehicle stun effect? And yeah the thought of everyone having access to the noob combo straight off the bat makes me shudder.

It’s confirmed that the PP’s noob combo isn’t really going to be hard to dodge with a nerfed tracking and higher jump. I’m wondering about the EMP effect still being there, though.

Yes I am little worried. But 343 has nerfed PPs tracking so I don’t think it’s going to be game-breaking. Just that vehicle splatters are going to be very rare and driver has to be constantly on his toes.