I'm worried about sandbox design of Halo Infinite.

Helo spartans. This is my first time writing on Halo waypoint so I’m so happy to meet you all.

I am somehow worried about the sandbox open world-like design of new Halo Infinite , I am worried they make mistakes that were made in Gears 5.
In fact the game need to have a full main story line that doesn’t make players play side quests to finish it. Some games like AC origins made players play side quests to continue to main story. I am worried that 343i force players play side quests to continue the main story.
And another thing that makes me worried is the rewarding of side quests. In games like Witcher 3 the rewarding system had some issues and thay were the cause of me not playing side quests. Well halo Infinite doesn’t have armor crafting or weapon upgrade so how do they want to reward players for playing side quests and exploring the world. In fact just adding some extra story about the lore of halo is not enough reward for exploring the games. RPG games like Skyrim level up players as a reward of playing side quests but in a FPS game like halo I think putting a lot of RPG mechanics is not a smart move. Bungie did this in Destiny before and that ruined the game.
I think the best way to reward players for playing side missions is this
For playing big side quests and destroying great enemy camps they must add some ability to Spartan for example is gamers finish a hard side quest they wil be able to use Spartan Charge or they get more health or a Royal gun.
And they can also add normal gums and attachments wich gives player a little ability in the map so players can find them by searching the map or destroying little enemy caps.
So what do you think about the sandbox design of new Halo game? Let me know :slight_smile:

Well I have good news for you. 343 Industries said that weapon variants will be unlockable through player exploration in the recent Ask343. Depending on what these variants are, they could spice up the gameplay through new ways to engage combat and give a fun incentive to explore the game. However, they did not say that these variants will be tied to side quests. But here’s to hoping.

You don’t really have to worry about side “quests” being a requirement, it’s like the silent cartographer in a way, you can go directly to the objective or investigate something like orange smoke. It’s probably going to be like a hybrid of H3 ODST and the silent cartographer plus what bungie wanted to do with Halo CE’s openess but was limited in things they could do at that time

Isn’t just a matter of semantics?

If a mission / quest has to be done then it is no longer a side diversion… It’s part of the main campaign.

> 2585548714655118;4:
> Isn’t just a matter of semantics?
>
> If a mission / quest has to be done then it is no longer a side diversion… It’s part of the main campaign.

I mean look at a game like AC origins.
It’s an RPG game and in this game some main missions need players to be at a certain level.
So if player is not at that level he/she can’t continue the main story and he/she will be forced to play side missions to level up.
I don’t want halo Infinite to be like this, the main story most be complete at it’s own

> 2535449675956301;5:
> > 2585548714655118;4:
> > Isn’t just a matter of semantics?
> >
> > If a mission / quest has to be done then it is no longer a side diversion… It’s part of the main campaign.
>
> I mean look at a game like AC origins.
> It’s an RPG game and in this game some main missions need players to be at a certain level.
> So if player is not at that level he/she can’t continue the main story and he/she will be forced to play side missions to level up.
> I don’t want halo Infinite to be like this, the main story most be complete at it’s own

Sorry. Haven’t played AC.

Can you level up enough as you play through the ‘main’ missions to skip the ‘side’ quests entirely?

Because yes, that would be silly. Otherwise they are actually just part of the campaign.

I think we all really really want a full halo ring to explore. But the challenge with that is it still must feel like and play like a Halo game for us to enjoy it. Taking something like Shadow of Mordor and sticking a Halo skin on it would never work. If 343 can pull this off it will be an amazing game, But the way halo 4-5 went does not have my hopes up.

> 2533274863263967;7:
> I think we all really really want a full halo ring to explore. But the challenge with that is it still must feel like and play like a Halo game for us to enjoy it. Taking something like Shadow of Mordor and sticking a Halo skin on it would never work. If 343 can pull this off it will be an amazing game, But the way halo 4-5 went does not have my hopes up.

Please tell me you are not hoping for an open world that features the entirety of a ring.

> 2533274866989456;8:
> > 2533274863263967;7:
> > I think we all really really want a full halo ring to explore. But the challenge with that is it still must feel like and play like a Halo game for us to enjoy it. Taking something like Shadow of Mordor and sticking a Halo skin on it would never work. If 343 can pull this off it will be an amazing game, But the way halo 4-5 went does not have my hopes up.
>
> Please tell me you are not hoping for an open world that features the entirety of a ring.

no I already know that will not happen. believe they said it is slip off into different sections depending on the level and more coming in dlc

343 have stated that if you want to play through the campaign similar to previous games, like following the main story objectives, you can totally do that.

For me, Halo’s combat is the main driving force that keeps me playing. If Infinite’s combat is really good, I have no problem with “side missions” not giving me anything besides the fun of exploration and gameplay. This is not an RPG so I don’t need to see some xp bar move or get a special rune for my AR to drive me to do side missions. I just want to explore the ring to its fullest.

> 2535449675956301;1:
> Helo spartans. This is my first time writing on Halo waypoint so I’m so happy to meet you all.
> –
> I am somehow worried about the sandbox open world-like design of new Halo Infinite , I am worried they make mistakes that were made in Gears 5.
> In fact the game need to have a full main story line that doesn’t make players play side quests to finish it. Some games like AC origins made players play side quests to continue to main story. I am worried that 343i force players play side quests to continue the main story.
> And another thing that makes me worried is the rewarding of side quests. In games like Witcher 3 the rewarding system had some issues and thay were the cause of me not playing side quests. Well halo Infinite doesn’t have armor crafting or weapon upgrade so how do they want to reward players for playing side quests and exploring the world. In fact just adding some extra story about the lore of halo is not enough reward for exploring the games. RPG games like Skyrim level up players as a reward of playing side quests but in a FPS game like halo I think putting a lot of RPG mechanics is not a smart move. Bungie did this in Destiny before and that ruined the game.
> I think the best way to reward players for playing side missions is this
> For playing big side quests and destroying great enemy camps they must add some ability to Spartan for example is gamers finish a hard side quest they wil be able to use Spartan Charge or they get more health or a Royal gun.
> And they can also add normal gums and attachments wich gives player a little ability in the map so players can find them by searching the map or destroying little enemy caps.
> So what do you think about the sandbox design of new Halo game? Let me know :slight_smile:

I personally don’t really like how they haven’t fully dedicated themselves to being an open world, it seems like we wont get the pre-meditated perfectly crafted campaign like in Halo 3, but we also wont get progression in the sense that we see in Far Cry or other open games. I’m worried it will be a weird in-between… personally I would explore for the lore, but if there isn’t much for me to accomplish I could see this game being the end of Halo for me/me not wanting to download the next campaign.

I am of a different opinion where I love the Halo universe and would love to play meaningful side missions that add to lore and world experience. I am a big story guy and if they are going to have side missions at all which they are then I want them to be somewhat meaningful to the story and the world. As it comes to rewards that is a tough one but I would think rewards will be weapon variants as those have already been confirmed. I am kind of hoping chief has some sort of workshop table you can go to and see all your weapons and choose what to take with you on missions or what not. I would also love an armor changing station but honestly thats going to far Chief is Chief is Chief he needs no changing.