I'm Very Split on Halo 4.

After having time to process all this information…I have to say I’m no closer to knowing whether I support 343 or not at this point. It’s very difficult to draw any conclusions right now. Nearly every feature has the potential to be just the thing Halo needs to move forward, or be the one thing that finally kills Halo off.

Loadouts 2.0: If done right, they could provide much needed spawn variety. If done wrong, we could end up spawning with power weapons.

AAs Returning: This could be a streamlined, awesome improvement, or it could be the next Armor Lock.

Perk system: It could be a revolutionary system unlike anything we’ve ever seen before, maintaining the balance Halo is known for while evolving the franchise…Or it could literally be terrible, overpowered nonsense like Call of Duty.

All of these ifs. All of these uncertainties. I just wish 343 hadn’t been so vague with this reveal. We need info. We need a bigger picture.

Nowhere has it been posted/mentioned/shown that AA’s will be returning… It appears as “Sprint” is there, but is not a “loadout”, just a basic function of the game. (How it should be).

> Nowhere has it been posted/mentioned/shown that AA’s will be returning… It appears as “Sprint” is there, but is not a “loadout”, just a basic function of the game. (How it should be).

You need to do your research.

I’m split on Halo 4 as well. I’ve played as an elite since Halo 2 and if they aren’t in Halo 4 multiplayer at all, then I’ll think I’ll cancel my pre-order. So, 343 please don’t disappoint me and the many others that played as an elite throughout the Halo series.

I’ll guess that I’ll have to wait for more information.

> > Nowhere has it been posted/mentioned/shown that AA’s will be returning… It appears as “Sprint” is there, but is not a “loadout”, just a basic function of the game. (How it should be).
>
> You need to do your research.

source?

Count me on that, the arena MP ruined with no timed weapons, loadout and perks just pushed me too far, and don’t know how to act before any more gameplay release.

Honestly, my only major worry right now is that it looks too much like crysis and I feel like they were aiming for that because they keep talking about the fact that master chief is supposed to be a super soldier.

But as far as perks, I do feel like 343 CAN implement them properly but most of the gaming population is going to look at any change of this matter to be an attempt at being call of duty.

The reason I have always liked halo is because they never needed to give you reasons to play other than the fact the game was fun and competitive. I look at all the other multiplayer games out today and see tons of different leveling systems and perks just to keep the standard ADD diagnosed kid at bay for a couple hours.

> > > Nowhere has it been posted/mentioned/shown that AA’s will be returning… It appears as “Sprint” is there, but is not a “loadout”, just a basic function of the game. (How it should be).
> >
> > You need to do your research.
>
> source?

There is a ‘could be real AAs?’ thread here, they noticed some icons and bars on a screen showed at 1:58~2:00 of the main VIDoc video (upper left), but no confirmation.

They’re just making it harder on themselves. Halo worked primarily because it was simple by comparison to the rest of the games on the market, and that made it a good competitive platform. Adding in armor “perks”, Loadouts 2.0 (a feature which I despise), and randomized weapon timers eliminates this simplicity and causes randomness that does not perpetuate a truely competitive environment.

They now have to balance a weapon sandbox (which hasn’t been done in a decent fashion since CE, the simplest game of them all), an armor “perk” system, and the new Loadouts 2.0 with the sandbox balance in mind. They also don’t have a beta to test this in online play (which most of the problems with Reach were found out through), and TU’s, due to the lack of simplicity, are now that much harder to do.

They have to get it right as soon as it’s ready to go gold to minimize the need for out-of-dev updates and that’s going to be hard to do with what they plan to bring to the table as well as a lack of random-player feedback from a beta.

> They’re just making it harder on themselves. Halo worked primarily because it was simple by comparison to the rest of the games on the market, and that made it a good competitive platform. Adding in armor “perks”, Loadouts 2.0 (a feature which I despise), and randomized weapon timers eliminates this simplicity and causes randomness that does not perpetuate a truely competitive environment.
>
> They now have to balance a weapon sandbox (which hasn’t been done in a decent fashion since CE, the simplest game of them all), an armor “perk” system, and the new Loadouts 2.0 with the sandbox balance in mind. They also don’t have a beta to test this in online play (which most of the problems with Reach were found out through), and TU’s, due to the lack of simplicity, are now that much harder to do.
>
> They have to get it right as soon as it’s ready to go gold to minimize the need for out-of-dev updates and that’s going to be hard to do with what they plan to bring to the table as well as a lack of random-player feedback from a beta.

I know, right?

It seems like they’re in way too far over their heads in uncharted territory. How can they possibly make this NOT suck?

> > They’re just making it harder on themselves. Halo worked primarily because it was simple by comparison to the rest of the games on the market, and that made it a good competitive platform. Adding in armor “perks”, Loadouts 2.0 (a feature which I despise), and randomized weapon timers eliminates this simplicity and causes randomness that does not perpetuate a truely competitive environment.
> >
> > They now have to balance a weapon sandbox (which hasn’t been done in a decent fashion since CE, the simplest game of them all), an armor “perk” system, and the new Loadouts 2.0 with the sandbox balance in mind. They also don’t have a beta to test this in online play (which most of the problems with Reach were found out through), and TU’s, due to the lack of simplicity, are now that much harder to do.
> >
> > They have to get it right as soon as it’s ready to go gold to minimize the need for out-of-dev updates and that’s going to be hard to do with what they plan to bring to the table as well as a lack of random-player feedback from a beta.
>
> I know, right?
>
> It seems like they’re in way too far over their heads in uncharted territory. How can they possibly make this NOT suck?

Yeah, pretty much my concerns right here. It’s a big gamble considering only one of the many things they’ve changed needs to go wrong for this game to tank miserably.