Im updating Valhalla for matchmaking, suggestions?

Hello everyone im the creator of Viking, the Valhalla remake that is currently in BTB matchmaking. 343 is taking updated maps for matchmaking and i am refreshing Valhalla. What would you like to be different?

I’m mainly looking for sandbox suggestions but if there are other concerns i’d like to hear them too. Im not a btb player myself so i need some help from you guys.

Thanks, XGOD

Extended discussion on REDDIT.

I have no suggestions to offer but would like to take a minute to say thank you :slight_smile: it’s an epic remake dude!

I miss what I called my honey hole. Corner of the rocks directly across the map from the crashed ship. Back corner outside the tunnel on the turret side.

I’m sure everyone would appreciate more rock outcrops to provide cover on the turret side of the map. It would be interesting to swap the snipers for binary rifles, that way I wouldn’t be to nervous to stick my head out in the open.

Did they ever add the wraith back in? I haven’t had a match on it in quite a while.

Add more grass, all kindzzz of grass

> 2533274799693806;2:
> I have no suggestions to offer but would like to take a minute to say thank you :slight_smile: it’s an epic remake dude!

<3

> 2533274800197043;3:
> I miss what I called my honey hole. Corner of the rocks directly across the map from the crashed ship. Back corner outside the tunnel on the turret side.

The little rock you can poke your head out of next to the forerunner wall? I have that there. Otherwise can you explain better?

> 2717573882290912;4:
> I’m sure everyone would appreciate more rock outcrops to provide cover on the turret side of the map. It would be interesting to swap the snipers for binary rifles, that way I wouldn’t be to nervous to stick my head out in the open.

I’m considering making terrain adjustments to help the maps flow. Ill also try to test some binary rifles but i’d think people would be mad if there werent snipes.

> 2533274880633045;5:
> Did they ever add the wraith back in? I haven’t had a match on it in quite a while.

People have been requesting heavies on the map since the start and this will definitely be an addition. As of now im thinking a wraith and mantis wave during the game.

> 2535462333594080;6:
> Add more grass, all kindzzz of grass

Calm down hippie, you’ll get your grass. :stuck_out_tongue:
Unfortunately the grass pieces are small little objects so i wont be able to add tons of it but ill do my best.

Yeah that’s what I meant. Haven’t been on it lately. I’ll check it out.

> 2533274858827953;7:
> > 2717573882290912;4:
> > I’m sure everyone would appreciate more rock outcrops to provide cover on the turret side of the map. It would be interesting to swap the snipers for binary rifles, that way I wouldn’t be to nervous to stick my head out in the open.
>
>
> I’m considering making terrain adjustments to help the maps flow. Ill also try to test some binary rifles but i’d think people would be mad if there werent snipes.

Snipers are a somewhat classic piece to the map, but as stunning of a remake it is, that’s what always turns me off to Valhala in general. Big wide ranges with snipers always frustrates me. The sniper glare makes it a bit more manageable, but still restricts lots of cross map movement. An extra rock or two would be nice in the wide open turret side.

Remove the BR’s if you can, and ask 343i to put pistol starts for BTB. The BR really ruins long range in Halo 5 due to it’s range and spread. If you can, remove the fog, as I find it very distracting.

REMOVE THE SNIPERS.

Yes, I know it’s not “classic”, but Halo 5’s sniper isn’t Halo 3’s, and now it has crazy bullet magnetism so it’s insanely easy to use at long range.

Just my suggestions.

Put a secret Halo 1 magnum

> 2533274858827953;7:
> > 2533274799693806;2:
> > I have no suggestions to offer but would like to take a minute to say thank you :slight_smile: it’s an epic remake dude!
>
>
> <3
>
>
> > 2533274800197043;3:
> > I miss what I called my honey hole. Corner of the rocks directly across the map from the crashed ship. Back corner outside the tunnel on the turret side.
>
>
> The little rock you can poke your head out of next to the forerunner wall? I have that there. Otherwise can you explain better?
>
>
> > 2717573882290912;4:
> > I’m sure everyone would appreciate more rock outcrops to provide cover on the turret side of the map. It would be interesting to swap the snipers for binary rifles, that way I wouldn’t be to nervous to stick my head out in the open.
>
>
> I’m considering making terrain adjustments to help the maps flow. Ill also try to test some binary rifles but i’d think people would be mad if there werent snipes.
>
>
> > 2533274880633045;5:
> > Did they ever add the wraith back in? I haven’t had a match on it in quite a while.
>
>
> People have been requesting heavies on the map since the start and this will definitely be an addition. As of now im thinking a wraith and mantis wave during the game.
>
>
> > 2535462333594080;6:
> > Add more grass, all kindzzz of grass
>
>
> Calm down hippie, you’ll get your grass. :stuck_out_tongue:
> Unfortunately the grass pieces are small little objects so i wont be able to add tons of it but ill do my best.

Hahaha just seen this, I am a lil bit lol, how’s the map update coming along?

> 2717573882290912;4:
> I’m sure everyone would appreciate more rock outcrops to provide cover on the turret side of the map. It would be interesting to swap the snipers for binary rifles, that way I wouldn’t be to nervous to stick my head out in the open.

That would definitely change the way the map plays

Phaeton?

Just make it more aesthetic. We have the ability to change the material of pieces , and more decorative so please use.
Add More green

:open_mouth: Can you make more BTB maps from scratch? Or some reimagination. I would not mind seeing a remake of coagulation or blood gulch or some H2 BTB maps. I kind of wish there were more BTB maps in general. I cannot think of anything but the water if 343i comes out with a water forge block that would be my only suggestion. Other than that cool. :+1:t3:

Any heavy vehicle.gameplay can get very stale for long periods of time especially in CTF

A wasp on both teams and maybe some req variants like the whiplash dude

So maybe instead of the banshee we have wasps with lower respawn times then compared to the banshee? Since it is a weaker vehical and about equivilent to the warthog. Some sight line breaks due to the sniper and the removal of BR’s as the starting weapon. Maybe for the layout keeping in mind our spartan abilities and how we can take advantage of that. Clambering to certain ledges reduces travel time but if its highenough it keeps people from skipping that. Spots to take advantage of the drop slam. That kind of stuff. If we didnt start with BR i would of suggested a place to put the halo CE pistol. That gun is pretty sweet somewhere in the halfway point between the mid map and each base.

Being able to play slayer on it. Every time I get to play on the map it’s always yoinking camp on the flag.