Im too good to move up...

#Misleading Title

Seriously though, I think there needs to be some consideration given to matching division players against players in their placement matches.

Issue #1:
Although you can’t ‘derank’ in this game, people are losing on purpose clearly (very notably in swat). I would be okay with this, but it only seems to be the players waiting to be placed. Thus splitting these parties up would seriously make my multiplayer experience exponentially better.

Issue #2
Being placed in a division seems to be your new home. It is extremely tough to move up divisions. I am currently diamond SWAT and keep dropping +8 to +12 spreads per game and continue to win, lose, win, lose. I know I am complaining but my free time is becoming less abundant and I’d like to think if I’m beating people consistently, moving me up to a harder challenge would be nice. (this definitely has roots in issue #1) But because of derankers or mysteriously poor performing high rankers, I cannot develop a rapport where my team is evenly skilled. I wish I could see player boards like: P1 [14-12], P2[13-12], P3[12-12], P4 [11-12] with 50-48 game finishes. Instead our best player (usually me) goes 17-7 and lowest member (being in my division on occasion) goes 2-18. I don’t see how this is better than de-ranking that occurred in previous games.

Issue #3
Placement matches seem broken. I only won 2/10 placement matches in SWAT because my family was over and thats the only playlist i’d let them play and I placed Diamond. I then win 8/10 placement matches in Arena and placed Platinum. Does this tie into the idea that people in SWAT are possibly generally worse thus I am better at 2/10 than 60% of other players (the variance being the top 40 kick the crap out of the bottom 60)? Or does is possibly tie into the idea that because I’m Onyx-FFA and Diamond-Slayer, it wouldn’t let me place less than diamond in SWAT?

My Point: Can we please maybe possibly split those being placed with those placed (unless their skill has been estimated say by placement match 8,9, or 10)?

I am sorry for;

1. Complaining
  2. Bringing up something that has been in the past
  3. Being a Canadian pushover.

What does everyone else think?

I agree with you entirely. Something needs to be done. I would even go as far as saying that we all should just be placed in Bronze due to the inconsistency of placement matches. At least until they can come up with an accurate way to place players correctly. Maybe they’re working it out. Maybe they never will. Nonetheless I’m with you on this one.

> 2533274848763524;2:
> I agree with you entirely. Something needs to be done. I would even go as far as saying that we all should just be placed in Bronze due to the inconsistency of placement matches. At least until they can come up with an accurate way to place players correctly. Maybe they’re working it out. Maybe they never will. Nonetheless I’m with you on this one.

I don’t want to sound like a Halo 3 try hard but yeah I feel you on that. Why not just start people at bronze to have them work they way up? Knowing that I could potentially be placed in Onyx in every playlist within my 10 placement matches makes them feel like the 10 most important matches you will ever play. Once your placed in a division, good luck trying to move out of it. xD Especially with the issues ive listed above!

EDIT: I understand that they want to make sure that good people don’t beat up on newbs unnecessarily, but divisions cause new problems.

I think you bring-up a lot of great points. However, Halo 5 ranks don’t function how you think they do. The purpose of ranks in Halo 5 is to evenly match players–or, more specifically, match you against like players. Essentially, you are being “ranked” based on how you perform, how your team performs (win/lose), and how that compares to your peers. Ranks in Halo 5 aren’t designed to “climb” or “derank”–their main purpose is to create a competitive environment. If you could map your game history on a graph, you should see a 50/50 win/loss ratio (after you’ve been placed in your respective rank). If you aren’t close to the 50/50 ratio, you should move up in a rank as to achieve that ratio.

Again, ranks in Halo 5 don’t function like traditional ranks have in Halo.

> 2625759425622793;4:
> I think you bring-up a lot of great points. However, Halo 5 ranks don’t function how you think they do. The purpose of ranks in Halo 5 is to evenly match players–or, more specifically, match you against like players. Essentially, you are being “ranked” based on how you perform, how your team performs (win/lose), and how that compares to your peers. Ranks in Halo 5 aren’t designed to “climb” or “derank”–their main purpose is to create a competitive environment. If you could map your game history on a graph, you should see a 50/50 win/loss ratio (after you’ve been placed in your respective rank). If you aren’t close to the 50/50 ratio, you should move up in a rank as to achieve that ratio.
>
> Again, ranks in Halo 5 don’t function like traditional ranks have in Halo.

Do you have a source on this? If so I would love to see it.

> 2533274926531964;3:
> > 2533274848763524;2:
> > I agree with you entirely. Something needs to be done. I would even go as far as saying that we all should just be placed in Bronze due to the inconsistency of placement matches. At least until they can come up with an accurate way to place players correctly. Maybe they’re working it out. Maybe they never will. Nonetheless I’m with you on this one.
>
>
> I don’t want to sound like a Halo 3 try hard but yeah I feel you on that. Why not just start people at bronze to have them work they way up? Knowing that I could potentially be placed in Onyx in every playlist within my 10 placement matches makes them feel like the 10 most important matches you will ever play. Once your placed in a division, good luck trying to move out of it. xD Especially with the issues ive listed above!
>
> EDIT: I understand that they want to make sure that good people don’t beat up on newbs unnecessarily, but divisions cause new problems.

Trust me Halo 3 Try Hard is a compliment as far as I’m concerned. If we could go back to that system I would never play another game.

> 2533274926531964;1:
> Issue #3
> Placement matches seem broken. I only won 2/10 placement matches in SWAT because my family was over and thats the only playlist i’d let them play and I placed Diamond. I then win 8/10 placement matches in Arena and placed Platinum. Does this tie into the idea that people in SWAT are possibly generally worse thus I am better at 2/10 than 60% of other players (the variance being the top 40 kick the crap out of the bottom 60)? Or does is possibly tie into the idea that because I’m Onyx-FFA and Diamond-Slayer, it wouldn’t let me place less than diamond in SWAT?

I may be completely wrong but I think another factor may be population per playlist.

I won 7/10 games in SWAT this evening and placed Diamond1, which just so happens to be the same as yourself after winning only 2/10 games. I haven’t played much Team Slayer but placed Platinum1, and half way through Team Arena but I would expect to place Platinum in there too.

I play mostly Warzone now simply because I don’t care about wins, losses and KD in a casual gametype, and Arena is simply too much of an uneven playing field for a competitive playlist due to the ridiculous latency. On a secondary shared gt (again where I dont care about wins, losses and KD), I won one game and my mates game pretty much dead last in all the other qualifying games and yet still placed Diamond1.

This is just a theory about playlist population so I could be completely wrong and other factors including “randomness” could come into it.

You have a 1.1 k/d and .6 w/l in SWAT. You are not consistently winning or doing well.

Why in the world would you think you are good enough to move up to onyx?

> 2533274926531964;3:
> > 2533274848763524;2:
> > I agree with you entirely. Something needs to be done. I would even go as far as saying that we all should just be placed in Bronze due to the inconsistency of placement matches. At least until they can come up with an accurate way to place players correctly. Maybe they’re working it out. Maybe they never will. Nonetheless I’m with you on this one.
>
>
> I don’t want to sound like a Halo 3 try hard but yeah I feel you on that. Why not just start people at bronze to have them work they way up? Knowing that I could potentially be placed in Onyx in every playlist within my 10 placement matches makes them feel like the 10 most important matches you will ever play. Once your placed in a division, good luck trying to move out of it. xD Especially with the issues ive listed above!
>
> EDIT: I understand that they want to make sure that good people don’t beat up on newbs unnecessarily, but divisions cause new problems.

I don’t have to much issue moving up. Use a mic and make friends and form fire teams