I'm tired of the accusations with pre orders

I’m tired of seeing, “pre ordering encourages 343 to make a broken game! Don’t be sheep and allow developers to make unfinished games.”

No it doesn’t. Where is your proof and research? Prove to me that pre orders lead to bad games. A developer doesn’t see pre orders and say “That’s it guys! We can stop!” Pre orders don’t even go to the developer directly, it goes to the publisher for marketing. Proof of that being destiny and halo 3. Publishers also push games to be done by certain times even if they’re not finished.

Halo 5 was #4 in pre order sales as of a few weeks ago and is the only Xbox One game in the top 5, the others being a single WiiU title and 3 PS4 titles. If that doesn’t say some thing the idk what does.

Also you can’t tell people what to do. It’s their decision and their money. You have no right to say what they can and can’t do. The majority of the halo community watched one video talking about not preordering. Just quit believing anything on the Internet. Let people do what they want. If they wanna pre order it, then let them. And if they do, get over it because it’s a video game. Nothing else nothing more.

I don’t get it either. People just assume that a few bad launches are the result of pre-ordering the games when in fact pre-ordering has absolutely no outcome of the actual game. All it does is reserve you a copy and may give you a few bonuses. I pre-ordered the Halo 5: Guardians Limited Collector’s Edition and I am extremely excited for the release!

I’m not gonna say that preorders encourage developers/publishers to release unfinished games…but why anyone would preorder a game at this point is beyond me. Still, it’s your money, do what you want.

> 2533274876456769;3:
> I’m not gonna say that preorders encourage developers/publishers to release unfinished games…but why anyone would preorder a game at this point is beyond me. Still, it’s your money, do what you want.

They just want a physical copy on Day 1 guaranteed I guess.

There is zero good reason to pre-order a game except in the rare case where supply is actually limited(such as Xenoblade). Since that will never be the case for AAA titles, there is no benefit as a consumer to pre-order.

Its not just paying for and unfinished product that is the problem, it is the way that publishers then carve up content to be passed around to different distributors, and just flat out ship broken/unfinished game.

You would think that collection of 4 previous Halo titles, including a title that launched xbox live, would have been a sure thing, that MM would be flawless apart from maybe launch day adjustments. And look what ended up happening in the end.

I’m not going to tell you how to spend your money, but I will ask why bother with pre-ordering when you could just as easily save you money and by it once you know everything is in order?

> 2535435251014445;4:
> > 2533274876456769;3:
> > I’m not gonna say that preorders encourage developers/publishers to release unfinished games…but why anyone would preorder a game at this point is beyond me. Still, it’s your money, do what you want.
>
>
> They just want a physical copy on Day 1 guaranteed I guess.

…Along with some extra goodies. (occasionally)

You don’t have to be Bill Gates to understand the anti pre-order camp.

There is a system in place that AAA gaming studios do these days:

• Make games that are of poor quality and are often rushed to release (there are some exceptions)- Generates massive hype and gets good pre-sale reviews from co-opted (fact, not opinion)- Gets tons of pre-orders every time- Makes record sales and repeats
    Demanding evidence and case studies to prove that predictable, mass pre-ordering of every AAA game is part of the problem is ludicrous.

We are all connected and that our collective decisions impact each other and the things around us. People on the forums want to urge their fellow Halo players to exercise some restraint in a last effort to coax the developer into fixing what they have broken and undoing the bad that they have done. You can go pre-order the game but there ^ is the logic for why you shouldn’t just in case you are interested.

Me, Ive been voting with my wallet for years now and I did not buy the new Xbox because it was obviously, empirically, and truly a flop from day1.

> 2535435251014445;1:
> No it doesn’t. Where is your proof and research? Prove to me that pre orders lead to bad games.

Ok pal, since you can’t be bothered to use Google.

Pre-orders only existed in the first place because of supply shortages. That NEVER happens anymore, therefore it’s useless to you as a consumer. Additionally, it allows publishers to trade quality in games for gimmicky crap that people buy into (weapon skins, avatars, stupid stuff like that). Look no further than the recent catastrophe which has been the big AAA releases for the current gen consoles. Broken games, buggy launches, unfulfilled promises. Keep promoting that with your pre-orders if you like. Since that’s what you’re doing. You’re buying a game before reviews and feedback come along to -Yoink!- their image for producing poor products.

> 2533275004549554;7:
> You don’t have to be Bill Gates to understand the anti pre-order camp.
>
> There is a system in place where many AAA games from top studios:
>
> - Make games that are of poor quality and are often rushed to release (there are some exceptions)
> - Generates massive hype and gets good pre-sale reviews from co-opted (fact, not opinion)
> - Gets tons of pre-orders every time
> - Makes record sales and repeats

For anyone who’s been living under a rock. Destiny, MCC, Assassin’s Creed, Alien Isolation and many other games are perfect examples of this model. People who deny the obvious effects of pre-ordering are probably the same crowd who oppose vaccination.

> 2533274913936758;8:
> > 2535435251014445;1:
> > No it doesn’t. Where is your proof and research? Prove to me that pre orders lead to bad games.
>
>
>
> Ok pal, since you can’t be bothered to use Google.
>
> http://www.cnet.com/news/you-should-never-ever-preorder-a-video-game/
>
> Pre-orders only existed in the first place because of supply shortages. That NEVER happens anymore, therefore it’s useless to you as a consumer. Additionally, it allows publishers to trade quality in games for gimmicky crap that people buy into (weapon skins, avatars, stupid stuff like that). Look no further than the recent catastrophe which has been the big AAA releases for the current gen consoles. Broken games, buggy launches, unfulfilled promises. Keep promoting that with your pre-orders if you like. Since that’s what you’re doing. You’re buying a game before reviews and feedback come along to -Yoink!- their image for producing poor products.
>
>
>
> > 2533275004549554;7:
> > You don’t have to be Bill Gates to understand the anti pre-order camp.
> >
> > There is a system in place where many AAA games from top studios:
> >
> > - Make games that are of poor quality and are often rushed to release (there are some exceptions)
> > - Generates massive hype and gets good pre-sale reviews from co-opted (fact, not opinion)
> > - Gets tons of pre-orders every time
> > - Makes record sales and repeats
>
>
> For anyone who’s been living under a rock. Destiny, MCC, Assassin’s Creed, Alien Isolation and many other games are perfect examples of this model. People who deny the obvious effects of pre-ordering are probably the same crowd who oppose vaccination.

You my friend are a gentleman and a scholar for quoting me and making the anti-vax reference.

> 2533275004549554;9:
> You my friend are a gentleman and a scholar for quoting me and making the anti-vax reference.

Lol. It’s a perfect fit for the scenario. People just pick whatever they want to believe regardless of evidence. And like vaccination deniers who are causing a recent trend of increased cases of preventable diseases…pre-order “deniers” are causing an observable drop in game quality.

But they don’t care because “vaccines cause -Yoink!-!” (BS of course) or because “I like my shiny BR skin!”.

> 2533274819446242;5:
> There is zero good reason to pre-order a game except in the rare case where supply is actually limited(such as Xenoblade). Since that will never be the case for AAA titles, there is no benefit as a consumer to pre-order.
>
> Its not just paying for and unfinished product that is the problem, it is the way that publishers then carve up content to be passed around to different distributors, and just flat out ship broken/unfinished game.
>
> You would think that collection of 4 previous Halo titles, including a title that launched xbox live, would have been a sure thing, that MM would be flawless apart from maybe launch day adjustments. And look what ended up happening in the end.
>
> I’m not going to tell you how to spend your money, but I will ask why bother with pre-ordering when you could just as easily save you money and by it once you know everything is in order?

Well see thats the thing. It’s publishers who push for certain dates which then leads to the broken games. The MCC probably needed about 3 months of polish but it was pushed to Halo 2’s anniversary.

> 2535435251014445;11:
> Well see thats the thing. It’s publishers who push for certain dates which then leads to the broken games. The MCC probably needed about 3 months of polish but it was pushed to Halo 2’s anniversary.

Halo 5’s release date is just as arbitrary. Even with the Beta there is no guarantee whatsoever that it will actually be ready at launch.

Even if a game is delayed, it is still no guarantee that the next date set won’t be another arbitrary goal that is not based on when the game is actually finished. There is no benefit to pre-ordering games.

It does not encourage them to make a broken game, it makes them think they can release it and still get money because they know It is wanted. Microsoft tries to push it out for the money.

Encourages them to be lazy sort of. Pre-ordering is also quite dumb, you don’t know if the game will work. Don’t come back crying if it does not work on launch.

1. The whole wait a few days for reviews isn’t really a thing anymore because they do reviews before and on Day 1.

2. Never expect a game to go without a hitch. There’s always problems these days.

3. Lets be honest here, most people play campaign in halo before they touch MP. I play campaign with a few games of MP in between. So if it isn’t always perfect then I don’t care really.

4. If the MP is completely broke but the campaign is amazing then I’m okay. And from what 343 did with Halo 4’s campaign, I’m gonna like Halo 5.

5. I’m a die hard Halo fan since 2. I’ll always be happy as long as halo continues. I’m probably gonna be called a “casual” or something but I don’t care.

I will preorder just to make sure I get the best legendary edition

Preodering is dumb off bat the bonuses dont really amount to much. Microsoft hasnt quite become EA but theyre headed that way, and as for three hundred fourty three industries i hope they learned the age old “if you want it done right” lesson.

> 2535435251014445;1:
> I’m tired of seeing, “pre ordering encourages 343 to make a broken game! Don’t be sheep and allow developers to make unfinished games.”
>
> No it doesn’t. Where is your proof and research? Prove to me that pre orders lead to bad games. A developer doesn’t see pre orders and say “That’s it guys! We can stop!” Pre orders don’t even go to the developer directly, it goes to the publisher for marketing. Proof of that being destiny and halo 3. Publishers also push games to be done by certain times even if they’re not finished.
>
> Halo 5 was #4 in pre order sales as of a few weeks ago and is the only Xbox One game in the top 5, the others being a single WiiU title and 3 PS4 titles. If that doesn’t say some thing the idk what does.
>
> Also you can’t tell people what to do. It’s their decision and their money. You have no right to say what they can and can’t do. The majority of the halo community watched one video talking about not preordering. Just quit believing anything on the Internet. Let people do what they want. If they wanna pre order it, then let them. And if they do, get over it because it’s a video game. Nothing else nothing more.

Ubisoft has been preventing reviews being released before launch. That’s shady as hell. All devs don’t do it sure, but some are clearly beginning to take advantage of pre-orders. Also I agree with someone who said it earlier. There’s no reason to pre-order right now. There isn’t enough to even conclude that Halo 5 is worth $60.

> 2533274831961512;17:
> > 2535435251014445;1:
> > I’m tired of seeing, “pre ordering encourages 343 to make a broken game! Don’t be sheep and allow developers to make unfinished games.”
> >
> > No it doesn’t. Where is your proof and research? Prove to me that pre orders lead to bad games. A developer doesn’t see pre orders and say “That’s it guys! We can stop!” Pre orders don’t even go to the developer directly, it goes to the publisher for marketing. Proof of that being destiny and halo 3. Publishers also push games to be done by certain times even if they’re not finished.
> >
> > Halo 5 was #4 in pre order sales as of a few weeks ago and is the only Xbox One game in the top 5, the others being a single WiiU title and 3 PS4 titles. If that doesn’t say some thing the idk what does.
> >
> > Also you can’t tell people what to do. It’s their decision and their money. You have no right to say what they can and can’t do. The majority of the halo community watched one video talking about not preordering. Just quit believing anything on the Internet. Let people do what they want. If they wanna pre order it, then let them. And if they do, get over it because it’s a video game. Nothing else nothing more.
>
>
> Ubisoft has been preventing reviews being released before launch. That’s shady as hell.

Hopefully the Division and Rainbow Six will change that. However, if there is a Rayman game that’s gonna be over hyped.

Hell yeah I’ll pre-order that -Yoink- all I want. I can’t help it I got $$$ to blow however the -Yoink- I wish. Broke haters gonna -Yoinking!- hate bruh

> 2535437560416630;19:
> Hell yeah I’ll pre-order that -Yoink- all I want. I can’t help it I got $$$ to blow however the duck I wish. Broke haters gonna -Yoinking!- hate bruh

I have $30k in my bank account and I’m not pre-ordering. Your logic fails.