I'm tired of people saying Halo is CoD.

So I told my friends about Halo 4 Limited Edition and told them about AR weapon skin, they immediately said that is from COD. I said you liked the skins on GoW 3 and you didn’t say it was from CoD. So they said it is now competitive like CoD, trying to make out that weapon skins is competitive by having the best one. WHO CARES! I can not see them having CoD weapon skins put into Halo, it will be more like GoW3 imo.

Anyone got anything to tell them to stop them thinking Halo 4 is the new CoD? If not, 343i has to have a big E3 trailer showing it is NOT the next COD and Halo 4 will feel like Halo and still be unique.

Wait… Weapon skins? Wow.

It really can get worse.

No. I have no reason as of yet to tell you why Halo 4 will be unique, considering every new feature seems to be pulled from another FPS.

Halo 4 must be one hell of a game if it really is unique, because it sure seems to me that they’re being ‘influenced’ a hell of a lot by other games. I’ve had enough of dev BS this year, what with Bioware flat out lying about ME3.

Halo was already unique 343i. All the crap your adding that’s clearly ‘influenced’ by other games and Reach is destroying that.

Also your friends are wrong. Calling CoD a competitive game for one, giving their reason that CoD is a competitive game based on who has the best camouflage on their gun, two. Three, CoD is one of the most uncompetitive games out there.

In the end, CoD, GoW, whatever, doesn’t matter. If Halo loses it’s identity as being Halo then that’s a bigger problem.

343i really needs to prove they still care about us fans who’ve been there since CE. At this rate, if Halo 4 isn’t the kind of game I’m looking for (in other words, plays like a real Halo game) there’s no point me even owning a Xbox.

My opinion won’t win me many fans here. That’s fine. Everyone thinks differently. I’m just passionate for the series and I’m concerned about it’s ‘new direction’.

all of my friends say the same thing but I just ignore them, Halo 4 will play like Halo!

Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from making nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

and I’m tired of BK’s and casual gamers saying Halo reach is the best halo ever when it clearly isnt

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

> Wait… Weapon skins? Wow.
>
> It really can get worse.
>
> No. I have no reason as of yet to tell you why Halo 4 will be unique, considering every new feature seems to be pulled from another FPS.
>
> Halo 4 must be one hell of a game if it really is unique, because it sure seems to me that they’re being ‘influenced’ a hell of a lot by other games. I’ve had enough of dev BS this year, what with Bioware flat out lying about ME3.
>
> Halo was already unique 343i. All the crap your adding that’s clearly ‘influenced’ by other games and Reach is destroying that.
>
> Also your friends are wrong. Calling CoD a competitive game for one, giving their reason that CoD is a competitive game based on who has the best camouflage on their gun, two. Three, CoD is one of the most uncompetitive games out there.
>
> In the end, CoD, GoW, whatever, doesn’t matter. If Halo loses it’s identity as being Halo then that’s a bigger problem.
>
> 343i really needs to prove they still care about us fans who’ve been their since CE. At this rate, if Halo 4 isn’t the kind of game I’m looking for (in other words, plays like a real Halo game) there’s no point me even owning a Xbox.
>
> My opinion won’t win me many fans here. That’s fine. Everyone thinks differently. I’m just passionate for the series and I’m concerned about it’s ‘new direction’.

thats what I said, since when does halo games have weapon skins, get real these casual gamers are ignorant

Halo 4 = CoD:BO2

They’re going to be the same thing. A futuristic warrior fighting in a future war against an inhuman enemy while using futuristic weapons. SO far it seems the only difference is CoD has the ability to go prone. So right now CoD looks better.

343i needs to be the one to come out and show it that Halo 4 isn’t turning into the usual modern FPS. It would help if we had gameplay + information, but all they have given out is poorly detailed information without gameplay footage to back it up. And Frankie’s “clarifications” on Neogaf do not make up for that.

And your friend referring to CoD as “competitive” is laughable.

As I’ve already explained with a much more detailed post in the other thread that’s pretty much about the exact same thing, it isn’t about the features themselves, it’s about the type of fanbase that it will attract.

I still believe

Even when the others have lost hope…

I don’t know. The “COD” aspect of this game is attracting some of my friends who gave up on the series a long time ago.

> I don’t know. The “COD” aspect of this game is attracting some of my friends who gave up on the series a long time ago.

This is the kind of thing we really don’t want.

> I still believe
>
> Even when the others have lost hope…

I refuse to just blindly believe in something that so far hasn’t given me any incentive to get excited for out of blind fanboyism.

Plus there is the fact I’d be dropping my own money on this.

Who wants to be let down, disappointed and pay for those two emotions?!

> I still believe
>
> Even when the others have lost hope…

> > I don’t know. The “COD” aspect of this game is attracting some of my friends who gave up on the series a long time ago.
>
> This is the kind of thing we really don’t want.

Why not? I don’t see the big deal. If it’s because you think COD players will “infect” and ruin the game, then that’s silly. We want more people in the Halo community that might give back to it. And having COD functions might attract people to do just that.

> > > I don’t know. The “COD” aspect of this game is attracting some of my friends who gave up on the series a long time ago.
> >
> > This is the kind of thing we really don’t want.
>
> Why not? I don’t see the big deal. If it’s because you think COD players will “infect” and ruin the game, then that’s silly. We want more people in the Halo community that might give back to it. And having COD functions might attract people to do just that.

Get real. It’s common knowledge that most CoD players are immature, loud, obnoxious campers. People left Halo 3 for MW because it was too immature, but now look. Most Halo gamers can have a civilized discussion, while all CoD players want to do is spam the R trigger while holding L.

I do not want Halo infected by CoD, but it’s clear 343 does, for the sake of money and sales numbers.

You say that CoD players will add to the community? How is this beneficial? We will continue to go through what’s happening now, with people who don’t understand the game asking for random additions that don’t matter. The number of threads that contain bad ideas is astromically high. I wish all those people who don’t understand what makes a game good would leave.

> > > I don’t know. The “COD” aspect of this game is attracting some of my friends who gave up on the series a long time ago.
> >
> > This is the kind of thing we really don’t want.
>
> Why not? I don’t see the big deal. If it’s because you think COD players will “infect” and ruin the game, then that’s silly. We want more people in the Halo community that might give back to it. And having COD functions might attract people to do just that.

Except now the game is more like Call of Duty than it is Halo. Compare Halo 3 or even Reach to Halo 4 and there’s very few similarities besides the fact that it’s Spartans killing each other with futuristic weapons.

The few game play snippets we’ve seen so far don’t exactly show this because all you see is one guy shooting another guy, you can’t see the fact that the game now has perks, customizable loadouts, power weapon call downs like kill streak rewards and the rest of it. 343i aren’t taking a few features from CoD, they’re warping the game’s core and changing the fundamentals of Halo gameplay.

People don’t buy Halo because it’ll be CoD with the Halo feel. They buy Halo for Halo.

If Halo 4 is a CoD wannabe, they’ll just ditch it for the real thing.

Halo is just so incredibly different when compared to COD. You shouldn’t even feel the need to convince these people. When they play halo 4, all will be clear.

> > > I don’t know. The “COD” aspect of this game is attracting some of my friends who gave up on the series a long time ago.
> >
> > This is the kind of thing we really don’t want.
>
> Why not? I don’t see the big deal. If it’s because you think COD players will “infect” and ruin the game, then that’s silly. We want more people in the Halo community that might give back to it. And having COD functions might attract people to do just that.

Making Halo like it once was would bring back a hell of a lot more fans. I know people who play CoD for it’s fast-paced gameplay. Sure CoD is a twitch shooter, Halo isn’t. But Halo was once a competitive, fast-paced arena shooter based on equality and balance, yet being fun. Is it competitive and fast anymore? Will Halo 4 retain that equality of everybody spawning with the same weapons with no advantages off spawn with AA’s and Perks? No. So they play CoD as it’s the closest thing to a fast-paced console FPS like CE and H2 once was. (and it’s popularity helps of course)

Making Halo 4 more like CoD will just end up in people brushing it off as a poor imitation. Look at how popular Reach is online. The game necessarily wasn’t like CoD, sure. But it wasn’t like the Halo trilogy either. Not like it enough anyway. That’s where it failed.

The audience they’re going for won’t be fans. Just casuals looking for a diversion. They’ll come, get bored, go.

And just like Reach, if Halo 4 turns out to be as bad as it is seemingly going it won’t appeal to it’s long-terms fans or the casual audience.

> Wait… Weapon skins? Wow.
>
> It really can get worse.

I love how you guys are completely ignoring the good points:

BR is back
No bloom on br
DMR is back
fixed bloom on DMR
halo 3 movement is back
graphics are amazing
fresh storyline
new foe
covenant still exist
flood are gone
Spartan Ops
No/fixed armour lock
less clunky AAs
Extreme customisation
Forge is back

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

I think we should only make a final judgement when we play the game ourselves for at least a week.