I'm the only one that doesn't care for GOTY?

nor sales.

I don’t know you, but for mi it can sell 4 times more than mario and CoD Together and would be the same.

Same with GOTY.

Am i the only one?

I don’t care what anyone else thinks of the game. If I like it I’ll play it and if I don’t I wont.

But I’ll say right now that Halo 4 probably will win GOTY regardless of how its MP turns out.

I know it’s the Game of the Year for me personally, I don’t care what the official GOTY is…

I figured that went without being said.

> I don’t care what anyone else thinks of the game. If I like it I’ll play it and if I don’t I wont.
>
> But I’ll say right now that Halo 4 probably will win GOTY regardless of how its MP turns out.

Perhaps for multiplayer.

> > I don’t care what anyone else thinks of the game. If I like it I’ll play it and if I don’t I wont.
> >
> > But I’ll say right now that Halo 4 probably will win GOTY regardless of how its MP turns out.
>
> Perhaps for multiplayer.

Perhaps. Halo has always won an award for Best Multilayer in the VGAs. (Reach included)

> > > I don’t care what anyone else thinks of the game. If I like it I’ll play it and if I don’t I wont.
> > >
> > > But I’ll say right now that Halo 4 probably will win GOTY regardless of how its MP turns out.
> >
> > Perhaps for multiplayer.
>
> Perhaps. Halo has always won an award for Best Multilayer in the VGAs. (Reach included)

I know.

But i don’t have a time machine so i can’t cormfirm Halo 4 will do

i care, but not to the extent of others. obviously i want the game to sell well and i am rooting for it to get goty, but i’m not gonna cry if it doesn’t get it. maybe i’ll cry if the sales are low…

Here’s the problem…ME3, alot more casual gamers love it than Halo even if their into Halo.
There is thing to be relieved about and thats Bioshock infinite which has been delayed so I’d say Halo 4 has a slim chance to snatch GOTY.

> i care, but not to the extent of others. obviously i want the game to sell well and i am rooting for it to get goty, but i’m not gonna cry if it doesn’t get it. maybe i’ll cry if the sales are low…

Then PC Gamers would be very happy.

> Here’s the problem…ME3, alot more casual gamers love it than Halo even if their into Halo.
> There is thing to be relieved about and thats Bioshock infinite which has been delayed so I’d say Halo 4 has a slim chance to snatch GOTY.

You kidding?.

Halo is waaay more casual than ME3.

And Goty’s are populatity contests, i doubt BioInf wins a Goty over Halo.

You are not alone and seeing as there are multiple GOTY awards, I don’t think it matters(Unless you are 13 and only care about the VGA’s), it’s bound to win one GOTY competition…if it never wins a single one…oh well, 343i is still going to make Halo 5 and 6.

> > Here’s the problem…ME3, alot more casual gamers love it than Halo even if their into Halo.
> > There is thing to be relieved about and thats Bioshock infinite which has been delayed so I’d say Halo 4 has a slim chance to snatch GOTY.
>
> You kidding?.
>
> Halo is waaay more casual than ME3.
>
> And Goty’s are populatity contests, i doubt BioInf wins a Goty over Halo.

I agree with you, but the I believe the reality is ME3 has a stronger fan base than Halo does. For whatever reason ive noticed people losing their minds and exaggerating at the awe of the game. Also its multi-console and even on PC; It even beat H4 in ‘most anticipated game of next year’ from Spike 2011 VGA. Believe me; I can already see Bioware getting GOTY even though I wish i were wrong.

> > > Here’s the problem…ME3, alot more casual gamers love it than Halo even if their into Halo.
> > > There is thing to be relieved about and thats Bioshock infinite which has been delayed so I’d say Halo 4 has a slim chance to snatch GOTY.
> >
> > You kidding?.
> >
> > Halo is waaay more casual than ME3.
> >
> > And Goty’s are populatity contests, i doubt BioInf wins a Goty over Halo.
>
> I agree with you, but the I believe the reality is ME3 has a stronger fan base than Halo does. For whatever reason ive noticed people losing their minds and exaggerating at the awe of the game. Also its multi-console and even on PC; It even beat H4 in ‘most anticipated game of next year’ from Spike 2011 VGA. Believe me; I can already see Bioware getting GOTY even though I wish i were wrong.

Why do you wish that?

ME Games are really good(But yes, i agree they’re overrated).

From the loud disjointed view the Halo community has, i have concluded the following:

If Halo 4 isn’t GOTY, it’s garbage

If Halo 4 isn’t CE its instant fail

If Halo 4 doesn’t have 7 remakes from CE or 2, its staying on the shelf at gamestop

If Halo 4 doesn’t use a variant of Gold Pro settings, its a casual game.

Halo 4 will win GOTY because it is Halo.

It will definitely win some awards at e3 and once the game is released. Not necessarily GOTY but would win some good ones.

> From the loud disjointed view the Halo community has, i have concluded the following:
>
>
> If Halo 4 isn’t GOTY, it’s garbage
>
> If Halo 4 isn’t CE its instant fail
>
> If Halo 4 doesn’t have 7 remakes from CE or 2, its staying on the shelf at gamestop
>
>
> If Halo 4 doesn’t use a variant of Gold Pro settings, its a casual game.

That would be the actual wet dream come true of some of the Halo community believe it or not. Not exactly like HCE, but something that can match its greatness and that works for the whole community. Like H1 nobody hates it, Reach half of the community hates it. So making H4 more like H1 than Reach would be better IMO.

> > From the loud disjointed view the Halo community has, i have concluded the following:
> >
> >
> > If Halo 4 isn’t GOTY, it’s garbage
> >
> > If Halo 4 isn’t CE its instant fail
> >
> > If Halo 4 doesn’t have 7 remakes from CE or 2, its staying on the shelf at gamestop
> >
> >
> > If Halo 4 doesn’t use a variant of Gold Pro settings, its a casual game.
>
> That would be the actual wet dream come true of some of the Halo community believe it or not. Not exactly like HCE, but something that can match its greatness and that works for the whole community. Like H1 nobody hates it, Reach half of the community hates it. So making H4 more like H1 than Reach would be better IMO.

Pretty sure there was some haters for H1 :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe the steep learning curve for pistol was too steep for some? lol

To be honest, a Halo game doesn’t need to earn GOTY. It can still be great (or bad) without one. Not sure why some think it requires one before a purchase is made.

Thanks for linking this thread btw. Good read

> > > From the loud disjointed view the Halo community has, i have concluded the following:
> > >
> > >
> > > If Halo 4 isn’t GOTY, it’s garbage
> > >
> > > If Halo 4 isn’t CE its instant fail
> > >
> > > If Halo 4 doesn’t have 7 remakes from CE or 2, its staying on the shelf at gamestop
> > >
> > >
> > > If Halo 4 doesn’t use a variant of Gold Pro settings, its a casual game.
> >
> > That would be the actual wet dream come true of some of the Halo community believe it or not. Not exactly like HCE, but something that can match its greatness and that works for the whole community. Like H1 nobody hates it, Reach half of the community hates it. So making H4 more like H1 than Reach would be better IMO.
>
>
>
> > Pretty sure there was some haters for H1 :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe the steep learning curve for pistol was too steep for some? lol
> >
> > To be honest, a Halo game doesn’t need to earn GOTY. It can still be great (or bad) without one. Not sure why some think it requires one before a purchase is made.
> >
> > Thanks for linking this thread btw. Good read
>
> Halo fans have high expectations and hopes for Halo 4 and rightfully so. 343 has tons of talent and says they are ahead of schedule with development, Microsoft will always put Halo as priority number 1 on their list so you know they have the funding and advertising, and MC and Cortana are back on a whole new world with new enemies. Add to the fact that Reach frankly just pissed alot of multiplayer fans off, and you have high expectations for Halo 4. Its not like 343 is making some estranged third party game nobody has heard of.

> Nor sales.
>
> I don’t know about you, but for me it could sell Four time’s more than Mario, and Call of Duty Put Together, and it would still be the same.
>
> Same with GOTY. (Game Of The Year)
>
> Am i the only one Who feel’s this way?..

Fix’d.

And no i feel the same way. Title’s mean nothing. Your the worlds Fastest guy one year, the next year there’s another. And so and so forth… The Same applies to games and everything else.

Don’t Be labeled by society…