I'm surprised sledgehammer games hasn't sued 343i

Armour abilities are almost exactly the same as exo moves. Doesn’t this infringe on copy rights

I highly doubt you can patent game mechanics…

They can copyright the name of the mechanic I guess, which 343i isn’t using.

Just watch this, it is so embarrassing. It outlines how similar the two games are.

> 2533274800673873;1:
> Armour abilities are almost exactly the same as exo moves. Doesn’t this infringe on copy rights

Thruster:
Halo: you can shoot while thrusting, also has a long enough cool down timer to be balanced.
CoDAW: can dodge multiple times within seconds of each other, can not be used to move forward quicker, cannot shoot while dodging.
Ground pound:
Halo 5: has a charge up time, are unable to instantly attack once down, goes into a 3rd person animation to not allow for quick recovery, giving it balance as it is a risky but if used correctly and skillfully can be a rewarding move.
CoDAW: instant attack down, can instantly melee when landed, no quick recovery, can be an instant kill if direct impact. Not balanced at all. Was personally able to go 26-10 while just slamming.
Sprint:
Halo 5: can be knocked out of it in first few steps, forces you to decide wether or not to sprint by tying it to shields, lowering gun, and forcing spartan charge for melee. Spartan charge is actually another balancing technique for sprint as it forces the player to chose wether or not to run as they will be off guard for a few moments after meeting an enemy.
CoDAW: no punishment for sprinting, only thing is no unlimited sprint. Cannot be knocked out of it, can one hit melee instantly, a perk actually allows you to shoot while sprinting, and does not affect health regen at all.
Ads/Smart scope
Halo 5: is mostly just an animation added to the zoom feature, can be descoped, and movement speed stays the same. Possibility of lowering spread but has not been confirmed.
CoDAW: cannot be descoped, decreases spread, increases accuracy, allows for pinpoint accuracy with non long range weapons, slower movement speed while ads.
Slide: very similar although not used in halo as much as CoD AW.
Another point to add is that Halo 5’s new mechanics were most likely chosen and being implemented before AW was even announced, let alone the abilities being showed off. Halo 5 has a 3year development, meaning the core stuff had to be decided shortly after ghosts was released, no where near any AW footage being shown.

> 2533274850926786;3:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ8S2CwuJ50
>
> Just watch this, it is so embarrassing. It outlines how similar the two games are.

standing ovation

Thruster was in Halo 4…
Smart Scope isn’t really the same thing as Cod ADS.
Clamber isn’t really that big of a deal.
Sliding is in every game.
Video was really dumb.

> Halo 5: is mostly just an animation added to the zoom feature, can be descoped, and movement speed stays the same. Possibility of lowering spread but has not been confirmed.

> Halo: you can shoot while thrusting, also has a long enough cool down timer to be balanced.

You need to do some fact checking man.

We confirmed that it decreases spread a looong time ago. And you can’t shoot in the middle of a thrust.

Halo had Armor Abilities before Exo Abilities.

errr Advanced warfare started development in 2011 I think that beats halo 5

I’m surprised people’s memory is so damn short. The spartan abilities are nothing more than the armor abilities taken away as a choice and added as a default mechanic, to even the playing field.

Hover = Jetpack.
Clamber = Making crouch jumping official.
Thrust = Evade.
Sprint = Sprint from Halo Reach with the health penalty.
Charge = Evade forward.
Smart Scope = More graphical scope (sadly bugged in the beta with increased accuracy, because the reticule does not scale yet).
Ground Pound = New.

> 2533274979486862;8:
> Halo had Armor Abilities before Exo Abilities.

Error on my part I meant Spartan abilities.

> 2533274800673873;9:
> errr Advanced warfare started development in 2011 I think that beats halo 5

Errr Halo 4 was in developement for a little longer than that and that was the start of thrusters. Sliding has been a standard for games. Ground pound is not even similar between the two games.

> 2533274800673873;11:
> > 2533274979486862;8:
> > Halo had Armor Abilities before Exo Abilities.
>
>
> Error on my part I meant Spartan abilities.

…which are simply based on armor abilities, while giving in to the desire that they are given to each player by default to level the playing field.

> 2533274800673873;9:
> errr Advanced warfare started development in 2011 I think that beats halo 5

Halo 5 was entering production shortly before Halo 4 was released.

Considering that Halo 4 already had armor abilities like Thruster, jetpack, and had used things like evade and such before, the Spartan Abilities would have been decided on quite early.
AW and Halo 5 would have been developing their separate mobility mechanics around the same time.

> 2533274876402733;4:
> Halo 5: is mostly just an animation added to the zoom feature, can be descoped, and movement speed stays the same. Possibility of lowering spread but has not been confirmed.

Oh yes it has.

> 2533274913936758;15:
> > 2533274876402733;4:
> > Halo 5: is mostly just an animation added to the zoom feature, can be descoped, and movement speed stays the same. Possibility of lowering spread but has not been confirmed.
>
>
> Oh yes it has.

It’s a confirmed bug. You can clearly see the reticule scope scale in all previous Halo game, even CE and 4. In Halo 5, the reticule does not scale at all when zooming, and its obviously a bug when everyone in the dev team is making it clear the smart scope is a “graphical refinement of a streamlined mechanic.”

> 2533274837018389;16:
> It’s a confirmed bug. You can clearly see the reticule scope scale in all previous Halo game, even CE and 4. In Halo 5, the reticule does not scale at all when zooming, and its obviously a bug when everyone in the dev team is making it clear the smart scope is a “graphical refinement of a streamlined mechanic.”

Eugh. Okay guess you’re going to be difficult.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-12-digging-deeper-into-halo-5-guardians-new-smart-scope-and-spartan-abilities

It’s not a bug, it’s intentional.

And proof that it does exactly what the developers said it would:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7y4lZhM8dAU#t=82

> 2533274819051113;12:
> > 2533274800673873;9:
> > errr Advanced warfare started development in 2011 I think that beats halo 5
>
>
>
> Errr Halo 4 was in developement for a little longer than that and that was the start of thrusters. Sliding has been a standard for games. Ground pound is not even similar between the two games.

Halo 4 didn’t finish development until September 2012. Are you telling me Halo 5 was in development more than a year before that.

> 2533274819302824;7:
> > Halo 5: is mostly just an animation added to the zoom feature, can be descoped, and movement speed stays the same. Possibility of lowering spread but has not been confirmed.
>
>
>
>
> > Halo: you can shoot while thrusting, also has a long enough cool down timer to be balanced.
>
>
> You need to do some fact checking man.
>
> We confirmed that it decreases spread a looong time ago. And you can’t shoot in the middle of a thrust.

I have been able to shoot during a thrust, although it only seems to be with precision weapons. If you time it by thrusting and instantly pulling the trigger it seems to fire. Could be a glitch but I don’t know for sure. As for the decrease in spread I have seen multiple people saying multiple things about it, so I was a bit confused about wether it was confirmed or not.

> 2533274837018389;16:
> > 2533274913936758;15:
> > > 2533274876402733;4:
> > > Halo 5: is mostly just an animation added to the zoom feature, can be descoped, and movement speed stays the same. Possibility of lowering spread but has not been confirmed.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Oh yes it has.
>
>
>
> It’s a confirmed bug. You can clearly see the reticule scope scale in all previous Halo game, even CE and 4. In Halo 5, the reticule does not scale at all when zooming, and its obviously a bug when everyone in the dev team is making it clear the smart scope is a “graphical refinement of a streamlined mechanic.”

Did you even play the beta or are you gonna sit there and tell me an obviously designed and intentional feature such as the AR scope reducing bullet spread is an “accident”?