I'm still in disbelief

It is truly insane that this game is now 5 months old and there are still no ranks. This game was so hyped and Halo fans were on top of the world after E3 2014. The hype was so intense it felt tangible, all the way up until November. Then they announced that only h2a would have ranks… that was the beginning of the end. How can you say ranks are going to be in the game, wait until 4 days before the game comes out and then take them away and still not have them 5 months later? That has to be the biggest FAIL ive ever witnessed. This game is the biggest fail ive ever witnessed. Astronomical. Confirmed. Everyone wanted ranks, and if your one of the few people who doesn’t care for ranks and plays campaign, heres a news flash. People like competition and the human race (especially males) are born with a competitive nature. Its in our blood, our DNA. The whole point of multiplayer is to beat the other team. First to 50 kills right? Ranks is ultimately what took Halo from big to HUGE, and despite all the flaws of the MCC would have, in my opinion, helped retain a large population.This was either a complete oversight by 343 industries or they intentionally did this for some reason I can’t quite figure out. Either way this has been the biggest let down of my gaming career. Thanks Dan Ayoub.

Thought the forums were getting a bit dry and people were starting to let 343 off the hook. I hope for as long as this company makes Halo that they never hear the end of this catastrophe. BTW Halo 5 looks terrible. Wont be buying it.

Sorry if some of us get over stuff. Yes I miss the true skill based ranking but Halo hasn’t had that since Reach. So I don’t really care that mcc doesn’t have it yet. I am just glad I have been able to find games quickly in the multiplayer for well over a month now. This April update is supposed to address the ranking among other stuff. These diva speeches are getting old and stale… boo hoo don’t have this don’t have that… not buying Halo 5… blah blah blah. They have made massive improvements. Sorry if they can’t fix it fast enough for your liking but it’s getting there. Halo 5 is one of the top preordered games right now so clearly plenty liked the beta and are still looking forward to it. I for one can’t wait for Halo 5.

They arent adding ranks in the next update, so it will be even longer. For probably the most desired feature, 6 months is WAY WAY WAY to long. It killed the population and now ranks wont ever really work as intended nor will the playlists we all wanted be ranked as well aka doubles and snipes and swat. There is just not enough people for that anymore. That is a huge deal because that is what classic Halo was about. If you don’t think its a big deal good for you but for people who actually played Halo back in the day this is very disappointing. So disappointing it makes people feel the need to give “diva speeches”. Thats what happens when people are passionate about something and that passion gets stomped on.

This next April update is going to address the ranking. If some have given up on the game already that’s to bad. Also I have played plenty of Halo been playing since Halo 2 on Xbox. Also the population isn’t as bad as people here seem to think. I get games constantly and in well under two minutes no matter what play list. My experience with mcc has been awesome for well over a month now. Sure it took them 3 months to get there but at least it’s getting fixed.

> 2535451558705497;1:
> It is truly insane that this game is now 5 months old and there are still no ranks. This game was so hyped and Halo fans were on top of the world after E3 2014. The hype was so intense it felt tangible, all the way up until November. Then they announced that only h2a would have ranks… that was the beginning of the end. How can you say ranks are going to be in the game, wait until 4 days before the game comes out and then take them away and still not have them 5 months later? That has to be the biggest FAIL ive ever witnessed. This game is the biggest fail ive ever witnessed. Astronomical. Confirmed. Everyone wanted ranks, and if your one of the few people who doesn’t care for ranks and plays campaign, heres a news flash. People like competition and the human race (especially males) are born with a competitive nature. Its in our blood, our DNA. The whole point of multiplayer is to beat the other team. First to 50 kills right? Ranks is ultimately what took Halo from big to HUGE, and despite all the flaws of the MCC would have, in my opinion, helped retain a large population.This was either a complete oversight by 343 industries or they intentionally did this for some reason I can’t quite figure out. Either way this has been the biggest let down of my gaming career. Thanks Dan Ayoub.
>
> Thought the forums were getting a bit dry and people were starting to let 343 off the hook. I hope for as long as this company makes Halo that they never hear the end of this catastrophe. BTW Halo 5 looks terrible. Wont be buying it.

Agreed. I just don’t see how a team of “professionals” could let a thing like this happen, let alone not be able to fix it after 5 months.
How can they have been more than half a year off the deadline?
Oh, and Halo 5 is terrible. I won’t be buying it either.

How do you know Halo 5 will be terrible? The game isn’t even out yet. What are you making your decision from the beta? Yeah that’s wise make your decision for an entire game based off a small glimpse of multiplayer that is mainly for testing the multiplayer and see what changes need to be made. The game will be different from the beta.

> 2717573882290994;5:
> > 2535451558705497;1:
> > It is truly insane that this game is now 5 months old and there are still no ranks. This game was so hyped and Halo fans were on top of the world after E3 2014. The hype was so intense it felt tangible, all the way up until November. Then they announced that only h2a would have ranks… that was the beginning of the end. How can you say ranks are going to be in the game, wait until 4 days before the game comes out and then take them away and still not have them 5 months later? That has to be the biggest FAIL ive ever witnessed. This game is the biggest fail ive ever witnessed. Astronomical. Confirmed. Everyone wanted ranks, and if your one of the few people who doesn’t care for ranks and plays campaign, heres a news flash. People like competition and the human race (especially males) are born with a competitive nature. Its in our blood, our DNA. The whole point of multiplayer is to beat the other team. First to 50 kills right? Ranks is ultimately what took Halo from big to HUGE, and despite all the flaws of the MCC would have, in my opinion, helped retain a large population.This was either a complete oversight by 343 industries or they intentionally did this for some reason I can’t quite figure out. Either way this has been the biggest let down of my gaming career. Thanks Dan Ayoub.
> >
> > Thought the forums were getting a bit dry and people were starting to let 343 off the hook. I hope for as long as this company makes Halo that they never hear the end of this catastrophe. BTW Halo 5 looks terrible. Wont be buying it.
>
>
> Agreed. I just don’t see how a team of “professionals” could let a thing like this happen, let alone not be able to fix it after 5 months.
> How can they have been more than half a year off the deadline?
> Oh, and Halo 5 is terrible. I won’t be buying it either.

Its not terrible. Nice try. I’d rather play halo 5 over 2 or CE, that’s for sure.

Idk. I got what I wanted. Halo 1-4 campaigns in full HD glory. And now I’m getting ODST for free. In truth. I got my money’s worth out of the game. Sure no ranks. But im finding matches. Not having my party with my friends getting broken up, and quiters are getting punished soon. I’m content enough to be patient about the ranked system and actually enjoy and HAVE FUN like I did when I Lan party with Halo:CE 13 years ago when there was no such thing as ranked. So these complaints are falling on uncaring ears

Considering how long 343i had to spend just trying to get the game to function properly, its no surprise there isn’t any ranking for any other playlists yet. Seriously if ranking is your biggest problem, you might want to reconsider gaming. Sure ranking is important, but if the game barely functions what’s the point? They had to spend forever trying to fix it, that’s why there isn’t any ranking yet. Sheesh use your head.

I’m still in disbelief about the fact you made this thread about those meaningless ranks when the game needs to be fixed first…

> 2533274829309952;10:
> I’m still in disbelief about the fact you made this thread about those meaningless ranks when the game needs to be fixed first…

Exactly…

> 2533274876257384;9:
> Considering how long 343i had to spend just trying to get the game to function properly, its no surprise there isn’t any ranking for any other playlists yet. Seriously if ranking is your biggest problem, you might want to reconsider gaming. Sure ranking is important, but if the game barely functions what’s the point? They had to spend forever trying to fix it, that’s why there isn’t any ranking yet. Sheesh use your head.

This…how can there be meaningful ranks with inconsistent gameplay?

Watch out… lethal will get more of his fanboys to insult you guys because your putting down 343 and halo… he is probably texting them now… it makes you a hater to this group who will come in and spread hate… And then tell you you are a hater! Lmfao

Watch it’s coming… :slight_smile:

Warning warning warning

> 2533274816788253;6:
> How do you know Halo 5 will be terrible? The game isn’t even out yet. What are you making your decision from the beta? Yeah that’s wise make your decision for an entire game based off a small glimpse of multiplayer that is mainly for testing the multiplayer and see what changes need to be made. The game will be different from the beta.

Dude just remember to bite the pillow.

Secondly, learn what a beta is. Other than a few changes that they did from their biased community feedback program and the addition of a few new guns, there won’t be any major changes gameplay wise from the beta. So yes, we know how halo 5 will play. Halo 3 didn’t play that much different from its beta because it’s a beta. When you’re at an open beta, your product is ~90% complete.

Ranks may be meaningless right now if the other flaws in the matchmaking / netcode part game don’t get fixed. And for those who dont care…not only is it a number next to your name, it’s supposed to be a way to pit players of relatively equal skill against each other, which makes that match balanced and fun.

It’s no fun getting ROFL-stomped because you got matched against Halo gods. And if you can see the ranks in the pre-game lobby, you can prepare better for what your opponents are going to dish out.

> 2717573882290994;5:
> > 2535451558705497;1:
> > It is truly insane that this game is now 5 months old and there are still no ranks. This game was so hyped and Halo fans were on top of the world after E3 2014. The hype was so intense it felt tangible, all the way up until November. Then they announced that only h2a would have ranks… that was the beginning of the end. How can you say ranks are going to be in the game, wait until 4 days before the game comes out and then take them away and still not have them 5 months later? That has to be the biggest FAIL ive ever witnessed. This game is the biggest fail ive ever witnessed. Astronomical. Confirmed. Everyone wanted ranks, and if your one of the few people who doesn’t care for ranks and plays campaign, heres a news flash. People like competition and the human race (especially males) are born with a competitive nature. Its in our blood, our DNA. The whole point of multiplayer is to beat the other team. First to 50 kills right? Ranks is ultimately what took Halo from big to HUGE, and despite all the flaws of the MCC would have, in my opinion, helped retain a large population.This was either a complete oversight by 343 industries or they intentionally did this for some reason I can’t quite figure out. Either way this has been the biggest let down of my gaming career. Thanks Dan Ayoub.
> >
> > Thought the forums were getting a bit dry and people were starting to let 343 off the hook. I hope for as long as this company makes Halo that they never hear the end of this catastrophe. BTW Halo 5 looks terrible. Wont be buying it.
>
>
>
> Agreed. I just don’t see how a team of “professionals” could let a thing like this happen, let alone not be able to fix it after 5 months.
> How can they have been more than half a year off the deadline?
> Oh, and Halo 5 is terrible. I won’t be buying it either.

The ranks let alone the games not even working until last update (H2 still isn’t the same) it sucks :frowning:

  • and I still can’t play the games and gametypes I want to play respectively

> 2533274799557323;15:
> Ranks may be meaningless right now if the other flaws in the matchmaking / netcode part game don’t get fixed. And for those who dont care…not only is it a number next to your name, it’s supposed to be a way to pit players of relatively equal skill against each other, which makes that match balanced and fun.
>
> It’s no fun getting ROFL-stomped because you got matched against Halo gods. And if you can see the ranks in the pre-game lobby, you can prepare better for what your opponents are going to dish out.

this is exactly why ranks are so important. nobody likes getting roflstomped, and nobody likes to roflstomp everyone else either. I’m sick of playing with 3 Helen Keller teammates and playing against 4 Helen Keller enemies. the closer and more intense games are is what makes halo fun to me. not ridiculous unbalanced teams and slaughtering sheep.

> 2717573882290994;5:
> I just don’t see how a team of “professionals” could let a thing like this happen, let alone not be able to fix it after 5 months.
> How can they have been more than half a year off the deadline?
> Oh, and Halo 5 is terrible. I won’t be buying it either.

“Professional”, these days, just means someone who willingly goes along with their owner and wears a lot of logos. “Pros” are the worst possible people to put your faith in, because sustainment and betterment of their livelihoods depends on 343i’s (and other dev’s) acceptance of and willingness to help them