I'm starting to love halo 4!

Ok, I’ve been on vacation this entire week and just got back so I am first playing throwdown today. I absolutely love it. It feels like a new version of the old halo and plays a lot like regular halo. My first game was so competettive; we won by one kill! I even fist pumped the air after the match! Something I haven’t done in a while. And with doubles, objective, the mythic map pack, and FFA coming soon, I am going to be loving halo 4! It doesn’t even matter all that much that they didn’t address the DMR in the tu(I really wish they did :frowning: ) because of the DMR being mainly a map weapon in team throw down.

I know there are other things that should be fixed like flinch but I can live with it. I will find myself rarely playing infinity slayer. When I do, I just will be playing to hang out with my friends and such.

Any thoughts on halo 4’s future? I think it could become one of the best. It is not now, and probably won’t ever for me bc of nostalgia’s sake. But I think I’ll be enjoying this game for a long time!

I like the game the way it is (changes and all). It has it’s problems and i’m hopeful that they’ll be sorted out in future updates. My wishes is for more forge maps into matchmaking and a re-balancing of the DMR. Oh and BTB objectives.

I think they gotta look at AAs and swap them out for player traits that hone team play. Change everything so it promoted team behavior over lone wolfing. Competives just have to keep in mind that gimmicks are now necessary in the gaming market to attract a population due in part to the changes from rival developers.

These mechanics can work in Halo they just have to be focused on Teamwork rather than promoting solo survivability and you’d have a some interesting choices to fall back onto from both social to competitive field of digital battle and objective game modes.

if ordinance is only used as a way to deliver AA’s to the spartans on the battle field everything else just needs to revert back to Halo 1-3’s style also AAs will be spawned on the map but they will be specific to said maps like equipment. Running will probably have to stay its not much of an issue in gamemodes with no insta respawn. I’m working on a gamemode that mimics this What do you guys think ?

> if ordinance is only used as a way to deliver AA’s to the spartans on the battle field everything else just needs to revert back to Halo 1-3’s style also AAs will be spawned on the map but they will be specific to said maps like equipment. Running will probably have to stay its not much of an issue in gamemodes with no insta respawn. I’m working on a gamemode that mimics this What do you guys think ?

That is a pretty cool idea about the AAs being map dependent. That would be interesting to try out, but I don’t think anything that alters the game too much like camo or PV be in there. Maybe jetpack could be on specific maps, but nerf it so you could pretty much only go up 1 floor and have a longer charge time. This way it would be balanced with the hologram/hard light shield.

You probably couldn’t nerf the jetpack though without modding, right? This would need to be something 343 does in a separate playlist.

In all its an interesting idea, but I’m not sure that it would catch on. Besides I’m loving throwdown as it is now!