I'm so sick of the political sounding statements

I’m sick of people at 343 making vague statements like this while patting themselves on the back for being more “transparent” (another great catch phrase to make us feel warm and fuzzy). We keep hearing about the hard work and great changes over and over, but we heard about hard work and new game engines and all the sparkly stuff before the disaster that was the gameplay they showed us. 343, you keep saying the same thing over and over but seem to lack anything that we can actually nail down. How about you confirm some game modes that will be available at launch, (btb, griffball, infection) how bout you show us a multiplayer map, how about you show us a fresh campaign clip with all these AMAZING changes?

I don’t know what you mean by political, there’s nothing remotely political sounding in what they’ve said. Maybe boring reassuring marketing speak. But that’s to be expected because, well, they are marketing the game.

We’ll probably see more at E3 2021, or whatever it’s equivalent is if E3 crashes again. Maybe sooner, as flighting was announced in the blog post referenced in the article you posted.

> 2533274882881665;2:
> I don’t know what you mean by political, there’s nothing remotely political sounding in what they’ve said. Maybe boring reassuring marketing speak, but that’s to be expected because, well, they are marketing the game.
>
> We’ll probably see more at E3 2021, or whatever it’s equivalent is if E3 crashes again. Maybe sooner, as flighting was announced in the blog post referenced in the article you posted.

I guess what I mean is political sounding. They sound like the typical politician. A bunch of nice sounding words with no real meaning, and nothing they can actually be held to.

Yeah it’s just some marketing fluff.

And at this time of the year web pages have little real news - so they happily chew and regurgitate any recent press-releases.

Hopefully heading into the new year we’ll have more than words to hold them to. :smiley:

At the very least I imagine we will get some seriously pleasant news mid 2021, and be able to flight modes all the way up to the release. This would also benefit optimization for Infinite on older consoles and different specs of PCs.

We got a campaign gameplay trailer in July and 343i was supposed to share new info about the multiplayer back in August. Even though the game release was delayed in a year (which is probably for the best, and it suits me well because I couldn’t buy an Xbox Series X yet anyway), I believe 343i could have shared a little bit more information on the multiplayer if they wanted to.

However, I believe that for marketing reasons, they won’t feed us with a lot of news until the middle of 2021. Generally, the E3 in June used to be when game companies started to market the heck of big titles releasing in Fall/Holiday season. Even though we might not have an E3 in the coming year, I guess the last three to six months is the tried and true window to build excitement for games by feeding the public with the juiciest informations and if they show their hand to soon there’s a risk that regular people won’t care that much when the game is closer to release and another big title can steal its thunder.

Of course we are not regular people, we are Halo superfans of the kind that talk in forums at Halo Waypoint, we will be excited for the game no matter what, but in order to get the casual crowd excited they need to market the game very carefully.

> 2535473219036906;3:
> > 2533274882881665;2:
> > I don’t know what you mean by political, there’s nothing remotely political sounding in what they’ve said. Maybe boring reassuring marketing speak, but that’s to be expected because, well, they are marketing the game.
> >
> > We’ll probably see more at E3 2021, or whatever it’s equivalent is if E3 crashes again. Maybe sooner, as flighting was announced in the blog post referenced in the article you posted.
>
> I guess what I mean is political sounding. They sound like the typical politician. A bunch of nice sounding words with no real meaning, and nothing they can actually be held to.

thats sounds like a good space for them to be in no back pedalling from mis-speak or trying to calm people over a leak + its the end of the year we’ll probably hear something more tangible between January/march time

You should check out the December update. There’s a good Q&A between Unyshek and some devs and then some screenshots on visuals. Nothing really huge but it was nice to at least have something tangible after months of silence following the July demo.

While I wouldn’t call it political, I agree that we deserve more honesty and directness. We are the reason this franchise is still going after all.

We getting mad now about positive words?

I honestly think we will get news monthly from now until launch. If you look at the title in the community update earlier this month (Inside Infinite-2020) it follows the same pattern as the MCC, to me indicates a monthly update should be coming in the first week or two of January.

I also dislike how corporations/politicians side step conversations/questions/concerns or sometimes just outright ignore them.

> 2533274938827434;6:
> Of course we are not regular people, we are Halo superfans of the kind that talk in forums at Halo Waypoint, we will be excited for the game no matter what, but in order to get the casual crowd excited they need to market the game very carefully.

We, as a community, need to acknowledge this a lot more often than we do. People talking about a video game online are absolutely the megafans, whether or not they claim to be. There only a few thousand of us megafans on the forums and reddit, this is a player-base which is far wider than 1 million people.

It’s all false PR speak.

Don’t believe anything until you see actual evidence with your own eyes.

I learnt this lesson the hard way with games like Aliens: Colonial Marines, Anthem, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Fallout 76, Cyberpunk 2077, Crackdown 3 etc…

They’ve shared some screenshots of improvements, and mentioned another news dump in early 2021. OP, I don’t think you’re criticism is fair, and I’m guessing it’s probably based more around just wanting Infinite to be out really badly like the rest of us.

> 2614366390849210;14:
> They’ve shared some screenshots of improvements, and mentioned another news dump in early 2021. OP, I don’t think you’re criticism is fair, and I’m guessing it’s probably based more around just wanting Infinite to be out really badly like the rest of us.

It can’t be going very well or looking very good if it required a year long delay. Lol.

> 2533274925473364;15:
> > 2614366390849210;14:
> > They’ve shared some screenshots of improvements, and mentioned another news dump in early 2021. OP, I don’t think you’re criticism is fair, and I’m guessing it’s probably based more around just wanting Infinite to be out really badly like the rest of us.
>
> It can’t be going very well or looking very good if it required a year long delay. Lol.

Just need to chalk it up to 2020.

It’s not as if any of the other studios released their next-gen AAA titles in time for the Series X launch.

> 2585548714655118;16:
> > 2533274925473364;15:
> > > 2614366390849210;14:
> > > They’ve shared some screenshots of improvements, and mentioned another news dump in early 2021. OP, I don’t think you’re criticism is fair, and I’m guessing it’s probably based more around just wanting Infinite to be out really badly like the rest of us.
> >
> > It can’t be going very well or looking very good if it required a year long delay. Lol.
>
> Just need to chalk it up to 2020.
>
> It’s not as if any of the other studios released their next-gen AAA titles in time for the Series X launch.

AC: Valhalla, Immortals: Fenyx Rising, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Watch Dogs: Legion and Microsoft Flight Simulator.

That’s not including what Sony has managed game wise with the PS5…

Not seeing any politics you speak of. They’re just using a new approach for Halo Infinite’s marketing. Remember Halo 5 was heavily marketed and they pushed the hype to the moon with that game but the execution and reception failed to meet their expectations. They’re likely trying to prevent history from repeating itself. Plus I think Microsoft is calling the shots with how 343 advertises Halo Infinite since they have talked about wanting to mention more but weren’t allowed to. But if you really want to think there’s anything political, I guess you could say this is a case of “money talks.”

> 2533274925473364;17:
> > 2585548714655118;16:
> > > 2533274925473364;15:
> > > > 2614366390849210;14:
> > > > They’ve shared some screenshots of improvements, and mentioned another news dump in early 2021. OP, I don’t think you’re criticism is fair, and I’m guessing it’s probably based more around just wanting Infinite to be out really badly like the rest of us.
> > >
> > > It can’t be going very well or looking very good if it required a year long delay. Lol.
> >
> > Just need to chalk it up to 2020.
> >
> > It’s not as if any of the other studios released their next-gen AAA titles in time for the Series X launch.
>
> AC: Valhalla, Immortals: Fenyx Rising, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Watch Dogs: Legion and Microsoft Flight Simulator.
>
> That’s not including what Sony has managed game wise with the PS5…

Fair(ish) call I suppose. Not exactly a list for the ages though?

MSFS isn’t actually available on XSX?

And a quick Wikipedia shows that AC and Watch Dogs were both due to be released pre-COVID… and that Immortals was in the tail-end of development before the lock downs happened.

I’m more than happy to give developers a free pass for 2020. And I think we may need to be patient heading into 2021 - COVID isn’t going away in a hurry.

> 2585548714655118;19:
> > 2533274925473364;17:
> > > 2585548714655118;16:
> > > > 2533274925473364;15:
> > > > > 2614366390849210;14:
> > > > > They’ve shared some screenshots of improvements, and mentioned another news dump in early 2021. OP, I don’t think you’re criticism is fair, and I’m guessing it’s probably based more around just wanting Infinite to be out really badly like the rest of us.
> > > >
> > > > It can’t be going very well or looking very good if it required a year long delay. Lol.
> > >
> > > Just need to chalk it up to 2020.
> > >
> > > It’s not as if any of the other studios released their next-gen AAA titles in time for the Series X launch.
> >
> > AC: Valhalla, Immortals: Fenyx Rising, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Watch Dogs: Legion and Microsoft Flight Simulator.
> >
> > That’s not including what Sony has managed game wise with the PS5…
>
> Fair(ish) call I suppose. Not exactly a list for the ages though?
>
> MSFS isn’t actually available on XSX?
>
> And a quick Wikipedia shows that AC and Watch Dogs were both due to be released pre-COVID… and that Immortals was in the tail-end of development before the lock downs happened.
>
> I’m more than happy to give developers a free pass for 2020. And I think we may need to be patient heading into 2021 - COVID isn’t going away in a hurry.

Yep. And the alternative is developer crunch, which ends up just being bad for everyone involved. Including the final product.

My honest opinion; if the extra year is going to help the vanilla Xbox One performance, I think that’s great. I freaking love this franchise, and I really just want as many people as possible to get some fun times with it :grin: