Im so sick of plasma pistols

All it takes is for a team to have 1 dedicated PP user and the vehicle game is basically ruined for the other team.

I h8 you PP.

Of course I will pull out my plasma pistol and take out the Scorpion or Warthog! That is part of the game, to ensure that the opposing team don’t win the game.

Use the wheelman tactical package to reduce the stun time from EMP bursts

> Of course I will pull out my plasma pistol and take out the Scorpion or Warthog! That is part of the game, to ensure that the opposing team don’t win the game.
>
>
> Use the wheelman tactical package to reduce the stun time from EMP bursts

I think what he meant to say was “I hate how you can spawn with the Plasma Pistol”

Before if someone was dominating in a vehicle, you had to run to where the Plasma Pistols spawned on the map to take them out. Now you just spawn with it.

I 100% agree with you op, the plasma pistol and stickie grenades have to be taken out of loadouts completely, you shouldn’t be able to destroy a warthog so easily right off your spawn with out picking up any weapons. The plasma pistol and plasm grenade combo makes it way too easy for noobs to get kills and decreases the skill gap in halo significantly

> I 100% agree with you op, the plasma pistol and stickie grenades have to be taken out of loadouts completely, you shouldn’t be able to destroy a warthog so easily right off your spawn with out picking up any weapons. The plasma pistol and plasm grenade combo makes it way too easy for noobs to get kills and decreases the skill gap in halo significantly

… and that is … bad…?

It really goes back to the fact that the “I want BR starts and no RADAR” 40+ CSR players should never be in the same match as the noobs (and me). Let us have our fun with SPLOSIONS and automatic weapons. The only drawback is that there won’t be anyone for the best of the best to ROFL-stomp spawn kill, but hey - them’s the breaks.

> … and that is … bad…?
>
>
> It really goes back to the fact that the “I want BR starts and no RADAR” 40+ CSR players should never be in the same match as the noobs (and me). Let us have our fun with SPLOSIONS and automatic weapons. The only drawback is that there won’t be anyone for the best of the best to ROFL-stomp spawn kill, but hey - them’s the breaks.

What he is saying is actually reasonable 1 player can take down a hog by themselves.

Now I am super competitive (no I don’t have a super high CSR but that is what I get for not playing with a team.) I take offense to the general grouping you did I HATE THE BR as it is and has always been too easy to use BUT enough of that.

It is unreasonable for just anyone to be able to wipe a threat off a map with ease I get what you are saying but PGs mixed with the PP being in load-outs actually makes me not use any vehicle in halo 4 except the mantis and wraith.

As a vehicle aficionado I learned early on to keep a good distance between my wheels and anyplace where a plasma pistol-wielding enemy could accurately hit me. It’s just smart driving to me.

> > I 100% agree with you op, the plasma pistol and stickie grenades have to be taken out of loadouts completely, you shouldn’t be able to destroy a warthog so easily right off your spawn with out picking up any weapons. The plasma pistol and plasm grenade combo makes it way too easy for noobs to get kills and decreases the skill gap in halo significantly
>
> … and that is … bad…?
>
>
> It really goes back to the fact that the “I want BR starts and no RADAR” 40+ CSR players should never be in the same match as the noobs (and me). Let us have our fun with SPLOSIONS and automatic weapons. The only drawback is that there won’t be anyone for the best of the best to ROFL-stomp spawn kill, but hey - them’s the breaks.

The thing that is bad with spawning with plasma nades and plasma pistol is that it completely destroyed vehicle-based combat, and that isnt good, since it has been one of the biggest parts of Halo multiplayer.

And yes, i do agree that ‘‘pro’s’’ and ‘‘Noobs’’ should be kept apart, and Halo 3 did that with Ranked and Social playlists, but 343I didnt, so now we keep getting those 2 player bases mixed, which doesnt seem to be fun for either one of the sides.

Nonsense to the plasma pistol destroying vehicle combat. If the opposing team is shutting down your vehicles with them it’s because they are very skillful with plasma pistols and using them appropriately. That and your drivers could use more practice, as it is not that hard to avoid being plasma pistoled if you are paying attention.

Plasma pistols keep vehical play honest and fair, when used well.

> Nonsense to the plasma pistol destroying vehicle combat. If the opposing team is shutting down your vehicles with them it’s because they are very skillful with plasma pistols and using them appropriately. That and your drivers could use more practice, as it is not that hard to avoid being plasma pistoled if you are paying attention.
>
> Plasma pistols keep vehical play honest and fair, when used well.

How is it honest and fair in anyway?

Plasma Pistols and grenades are built for taking down vehicles, so spawning with them automatically makes you the vehicle destroying master.

And there is nothing skillful about using either one of them against vehicles.

Ive never seen a player in Halo 4 using a vehicle and surviving more than 30 seconds, because, when the enemy team sees a Banshee, they all spawn with plasma nades and pistols, and bang, the Banshee pilot cannot do anything against 10 green balls of plasma coming to he’s/her direction all the time.
How is that skillful?

> Plasma pistols keep vehical play honest and fair, when used well.

By “fair,” you of course mean that being in a vehicle is no different than being on foot–there is no longer an advantage to being in a vehicle (specifically, the Warthog). If you run out into the open, you die. This is the same whether you’re in a vehicle or on foot. This is why on foot, you need to hold back and clear an area before you move into it. The problem is that vehicles are a lot more bulky and they’re not meant to be used at cautiously and at long-range. Thus, infantry and vehicles now share the same advantages, but the vehicle has an additional disadvantage.

I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a player get three or more kills in a Warthog against non-noobs.

> > Nonsense to the plasma pistol destroying vehicle combat. If the opposing team is shutting down your vehicles with them it’s because they are very skillful with plasma pistols and using them appropriately. That and your drivers could use more practice, as it is not that hard to avoid being plasma pistoled if you are paying attention.
> >
> > Plasma pistols keep vehical play honest and fair, when used well.
>
> How is it honest and fair in anyway?
>
> Plasma Pistols and grenades are built for taking down vehicles, so spawning with them automatically makes you the vehicle destroying master.
>
> And there is nothing skillful about using either one of them against vehicles.
>
> Ive never seen a player in Halo 4 using a vehicle and surviving more than 30 seconds, because, when the enemy team sees a Banshee, they all spawn with plasma nades and pistols, and bang, the Banshee pilot cannot do anything against 10 green balls of plasma coming to he’s/her direction all the time.
> How is that skillful?

Guess who did 40-0 perfection with banshee today ?
PP is part of the game, and for me, Halo 4 MM is just perfect.

Have a good day everyone.

> > > Nonsense to the plasma pistol destroying vehicle combat. If the opposing team is shutting down your vehicles with them it’s because they are very skillful with plasma pistols and using them appropriately. That and your drivers could use more practice, as it is not that hard to avoid being plasma pistoled if you are paying attention.
> > >
> > > Plasma pistols keep vehical play honest and fair, when used well.
> >
> > How is it honest and fair in anyway?
> >
> > Plasma Pistols and grenades are built for taking down vehicles, so spawning with them automatically makes you the vehicle destroying master.
> >
> > And there is nothing skillful about using either one of them against vehicles.
> >
> > Ive never seen a player in Halo 4 using a vehicle and surviving more than 30 seconds, because, when the enemy team sees a Banshee, they all spawn with plasma nades and pistols, and bang, the Banshee pilot cannot do anything against 10 green balls of plasma coming to he’s/her direction all the time.
> > How is that skillful?
>
> Guess who did 40-0 perfection with banshee today ?
> PP is part of the game, and for me, Halo 4 MM is just perfect.
>
> Have a good day everyone.

PP has always been part of the game, but in the previous games, you couldnt spawn with one.

There is a huge difference.
Same with you getting 40-0.
I will only believe Plasma Pistols will not ruin vehicle combat if someone can do that 3 times in a row playing with and against random people.

> Guess who did 40-0 perfection with banshee today ?

Was it you? Because I didn’t see it in your Game History anytime within the last 25 games/few weeks.

Do you have the theater film?

No, but I’ll bite - 26-0 on Longbow 1-22-2014 with a Scorpion. I was with/against randoms. I did get a bit of help a couple of times, but I played defensively, as opposed to driving into the middle of the field and going pew-pew-pew-dang…

If my math is right, I’ve had 4 vehicle perfections.

Part of the reason my K/D is so low is I make it a point of pride to go after vehicles with PP/PG in hand … but I’m coming back with a medal.

> Nonsense to the plasma pistol destroying vehicle combat. If the opposing team is shutting down your vehicles with them it’s because they are very skillful with plasma pistols and using them appropriately. That and your drivers could use more practice, as it is not that hard to avoid being plasma pistoled if you are paying attention.
>
> Plasma pistols keep vehical play honest and fair, when used well.

Not sure how you figure it takes skill to use plasmas?

> > Nonsense to the plasma pistol destroying vehicle combat. If the opposing team is shutting down your vehicles with them it’s because they are very skillful with plasma pistols and using them appropriately. That and your drivers could use more practice, as it is not that hard to avoid being plasma pistoled if you are paying attention.
> >
> > Plasma pistols keep vehical play honest and fair, when used well.
>
> How is it honest and fair in anyway?
>
> Plasma Pistols and grenades are built for taking down vehicles, so spawning with them automatically makes you the vehicle destroying master.
>
> And there is nothing skillful about using either one of them against vehicles.
>
> Ive never seen a player in Halo 4 using a vehicle and surviving more than 30 seconds, because, when the enemy team sees a Banshee, they all spawn with plasma nades and pistols, and bang, the Banshee pilot cannot do anything against 10 green balls of plasma coming to he’s/her direction all the time.
> How is that skillful?

It takes an incredible amount of skill to plasma pistol a vehicle.

First of all you need to get into effective range- dangerously close to the vehicle. If he spots you and you start taking fire, your chances of success are quite slim. The key is to charge the pistol out of site so when you pop out to engage he will hopefully be surprised. If he sees you charging the shot he will avoid it easily.

Once you are in effective range you need to skillfully lead the plasma pistol shot. If he is moving to my left I would aim the shot to the leftmost position to where I can still achieve a lock on. Otherwise chances are good you will miss.

Once you hit him it still ain’t over yet. Now you need to skillfully place a few plasma grenades to put him away.

It takes an astronomical amount of cunning and skill to plasma pistol smart drivers.

> > > Nonsense to the plasma pistol destroying vehicle combat. If the opposing team is shutting down your vehicles with them it’s because they are very skillful with plasma pistols and using them appropriately. That and your drivers could use more practice, as it is not that hard to avoid being plasma pistoled if you are paying attention.
> > >
> > > Plasma pistols keep vehical play honest and fair, when used well.
> >
> > How is it honest and fair in anyway?
> >
> > Plasma Pistols and grenades are built for taking down vehicles, so spawning with them automatically makes you the vehicle destroying master.
> >
> > And there is nothing skillful about using either one of them against vehicles.
> >
> > Ive never seen a player in Halo 4 using a vehicle and surviving more than 30 seconds, because, when the enemy team sees a Banshee, they all spawn with plasma nades and pistols, and bang, the Banshee pilot cannot do anything against 10 green balls of plasma coming to he’s/her direction all the time.
> > How is that skillful?
>
> It takes an incredible amount of skill to plasma pistol a vehicle.

Stopped reading right there.

There is nothing skillful about using Plasma Pistol and Nades against vehicles, and there never has been.

That is why they are one of the best weapons to use when attacking vehicles, because they dont require skill at all.

> No, but I’ll bite - 26-0 on Longbow 1-22-2014 with a Scorpion. I was with/against randoms. I did get a bit of help a couple of times, but I played defensively, as opposed to driving into the middle of the field and going pew-pew-pew-dang…
>
> If my math is right, I’ve had 4 vehicle perfections.
>
>
> Part of the reason my K/D is so low is I make it a point of pride to go after vehicles with PP/PG in hand … but I’m coming back with a medal.

Playing defensively is different, since you are the one in charge then, and if you position yourself well, you are very hard to kill.
But, again, it just takes one lucky plasma bolt and you are dead.

> > > Nonsense to the plasma pistol destroying vehicle combat. If the opposing team is shutting down your vehicles with them it’s because they are very skillful with plasma pistols and using them appropriately. That and your drivers could use more practice, as it is not that hard to avoid being plasma pistoled if you are paying attention.
> > >
> > > Plasma pistols keep vehical play honest and fair, when used well.
> >
> > How is it honest and fair in anyway?
> >
> > Plasma Pistols and grenades are built for taking down vehicles, so spawning with them automatically makes you the vehicle destroying master.
> >
> > And there is nothing skillful about using either one of them against vehicles.
> >
> > Ive never seen a player in Halo 4 using a vehicle and surviving more than 30 seconds, because, when the enemy team sees a Banshee, they all spawn with plasma nades and pistols, and bang, the Banshee pilot cannot do anything against 10 green balls of plasma coming to he’s/her direction all the time.
> > How is that skillful?
>
> It takes an incredible amount of skill to plasma pistol a vehicle.
>
> First of all you need to get into effective range- dangerously close to the vehicle. If he spots you and you start taking fire, your chances of success are quite slim. The key is to charge the pistol out of site so when you pop out to engage he will hopefully be surprised. If he sees you charging the shot he will avoid it easily.
>
> Once you are in effective range you need to skillfully lead the plasma pistol shot. If he is moving to my left I would aim the shot to the leftmost position to where I can still achieve a lock on. Otherwise chances are good you will miss.
>
> Once you hit him it still ain’t over yet. Now you need to skillfully place a few plasma grenades to put him away.
>
> It takes an astronomical amount of cunning and skill to plasma pistol smart drivers.

Imo what you say could have some merit if plasmas were map pick up only. However as every man and his dog spawns with them, it is hard to dodge them all.