I'm so glad that....

343 and -Yoink!- let me know about this “14 day buy and play” deal about the crimson map pack trial waaaaaaaaaaaay before the map pack was released and reminded me about it again when I was downloadIng it with a message on my Xbox before I downloaded it.

Oh wait…

That’s right you just pooped it out of nowhere.

Is there anyone else left that you guys haven’t f’ed over yet? 1st it was the LE owner with the specializations, then the season pass owners. Now the standard version owners.

Here is an idea! Now “F” over the ones that hasn’t bought halo 4. You know, change things up a bit.

I don’t understand how you got screwed over.

> Here is an idea! Now “F” over the ones that hasn’t bought halo 4. You know, change things up a bit.

That’s easy enough to do. They’ll just put Halo 4 in Games on Demand and have it be free, then when tens of thousands of people download it, they’ll say it was just a trial period and take it away from all of them.

I’ve got nothing on the matter.

Put it like this:

People keep map packs for free: People who bought the LE for the maps and those who bought the map pass get screwed over, want money back. BAAAD

People get map packs taken off them: People whinge that something got taken away from them even though they wernt supposed to have it

Look, if Frankie apologies for a problem outside the hands of 343i, then hes the community manager. If ANYBODY at 343i decides how to handle a community situation, it is him. ONLY him. Therefore it’s been MS.

Not 343i. It’s MS playing moneyball. Lose/Lose situation. And frankly, what buisness would put those who paid less ahead of those who paid more? You pay more, you get more in this scenario.

I sure hope they do, not being mean, but I would like to see MS excuse for that…:wink: I could imagine over 4 million people peod over that…

I’m so glad that the screwup over the price is being rectified and those of us who bought the map pass or limited edition will now be getting the three map packs at an actual discount instead of actually losing money.

And hey, you still get a couple of days to play the maps before the “trial” is up and you either stop playing them or rightfully pay for them.

Though for the record MS’ damage control teams need to work faster.

People who bought the map pass still get all the maps.

People who bought the LE still get all the maps.

People who bought the Crimson Map Pack still get the map pack.

People who didn’t buy the Crimson Map Pack get a week-long trial.

How is anybody getting screwed?

I’m really not upset at losing the maps. After playing my “trial” I probably wouldn’t go out my way to get them if they were really free. I’m just ticked off that Microsoft would make up some stupid program on the spot to try and cover up the fact that they really screwed up. I would be alright if they said “We screwed up and made the maps free. We will be blocking access to them for people who didn’t pay for them”. Instead, they come out a day after the incident and make the first announcement ever that it was all a big trial that nobody ever once heard about (apparently not the Xbox Support twitter account either, because they kept calling it an “incident”, said that they didn’t know how it happened, and that they were trying to fix the “incident”). They need to put on their big boy pants and admit their mistakes, not do a sloppy job at covering their tracks that anybody with half a brain can see through.

> I’m so glad that the screwup over the price is being rectified and those of us who bought the map pass or limited edition will now be getting the three map packs at an actual discount instead of actually losing money.
>
> And hey, you still get a couple of days to play the maps before the “trial” is up and you either stop playing them or rightfully pay for them.
>
>
>
> Though for the record MS’ damage control teams need to work faster.

Microsoft’s accidently giving free content away is hardly an intentional shot at those who pre-paid for all the maps. Mistakes happen. Not everybody got the maps for free. If you pre-paid for them, oh well, you missed out on a freebie. It’s not a huge deal. Those who got the maps for free should just be allowed to keep them. This switch is stupid.

> Put it like this:
>
>
>
> People get map packs taken off them: People whinge that something got taken away from them even though they wernt supposed to have it

Wasn’t there a tweet saying that if you got the map pack for free that it was on them. They will get to keep it?

F’ing BAM!!!

> People who bought the map pass still get all the maps.
>
> People who bought the LE still get all the maps.
>
> People who bought the Crimson Map Pack still get the map pack.
>
> People who didn’t buy the Crimson Map Pack get a week-long trial.
>
> How is anybody getting screwed?

You’re getting screwed too, because you’re giving money to a company that blatantly lies and fabricates PR to save face while it drags its fanbase (that’s you) through the mud.

At this point, it’s gone far past free maps and spec. codes.

>
>
>
>

They aren’t, they are just being greedy.

Although i must say that 343i/MS should not have lied about it being a wierd program of which no one has ever heard about and instead they should have told the truth.

>
>
>
>

they are taking my maps that i bought away

> > People who bought the map pass still get all the maps.
> >
> > People who bought the LE still get all the maps.
> >
> > People who bought the Crimson Map Pack still get the map pack.
> >
> > People who didn’t buy the Crimson Map Pack get a week-long trial.
> >
> > How is anybody getting screwed?
>
> They aren’t, they are just being greedy.
>
> Although i must say that 343i/MS should not have lied about it being a wierd program of which no one has ever heard about and instead they should have told the truth.

You just contradicted yourself.

> I don’t understand how you got screwed over.

Everybody’s being lied to and you’re OK with that?

> > People who bought the map pass still get all the maps.
> >
> > People who bought the LE still get all the maps.
> >
> > People who bought the Crimson Map Pack still get the map pack.
> >
> > People who didn’t buy the Crimson Map Pack get a week-long trial.
> >
> > How is anybody getting screwed?
>
> they are taking my maps that i bought away

If you have actually bought them, than you will be keeping them.

>
>
>
>

I got screwed because I never got the chance to do the trial. Monday morning I bought the map pack for 800msp from the in-game Halo store. It was the ONLY way to play the DLC. I was never given the opportunity to do the trial because there was never a trial until MS glitched the map pack later that afternoon.

> > > People who bought the map pass still get all the maps.
> > >
> > > People who bought the LE still get all the maps.
> > >
> > > People who bought the Crimson Map Pack still get the map pack.
> > >
> > > People who didn’t buy the Crimson Map Pack get a week-long trial.
> > >
> > > How is anybody getting screwed?
> >
> > They aren’t, they are just being greedy.
> >
> > Although i must say that 343i/MS should not have lied about it being a wierd program of which no one has ever heard about and instead they should have told the truth.
>
> You just contradicted yourself.

No I’m not. Taking something back as a company from someone who did not even pay for it while it clearly was a mistake is not that strange. I don’t know about the USA/international laws but where i live it even says in the law: When a store makes an clear visible error regarding to the price of a product. The store is in it’s right to nullify the agreement between the store and costumer. (Once again i don’t know about the USA/international laws.)

I add to that they 343i/MS should have been open about it and just said the truth from the beginning.

Now where am i contradicting myself?