I'm seriously done with the aiming

I just can’t get used to it despite all of the options they’ve given us to customize it. No matter what I change and to use those settings for at least a month each, my aiming is still -Yoink-. Something is off about it, there will always be something off about it. The moment when I feel like my aim is on point in older Halo’s and my crosshairs go exactly where I intend for them to go and to switch over to Halo 5 to play a few games where I’m fighting my aiming controls more so then fighting opponents is when I know something is wrong with this game no matter what any of you have to say.

Of course I’ll probably be getting responses like, “Nah man, just mess with your settings.”, “Nah man, I don’t feel like the aiming is off at all.”, “Nah man, you’re just really bad at the game.” “Nah man, I’m going to make a response just to use nah man.”, etc. Either you just don’t feel the changes, you like the changes or you’re just being a troll.

I honestly can’t believe that 343i thought it was a good idea to completely change the aiming system when there was nothing wrong with it to begin with. It was fine in older Halo’s and it was most definitely fine in the H5 Beta. Actually, more people seem to prefer how the aiming was in the Beta than anything else but nooo the pro’s at 343i thought it was the best option to change it because, “Long distance battles felt weird.” seriously? That is the saddest excuse to help justify changing it to something completely different which has been PROVEN that the aiming system in H5 is unreliable and sluggish for an FPS game. I really really really hope Halo 6 changes it back to how it was in older Halo’s or at least have the option to change it between “classic aim” and “Halo 5 aim”

Two things.

I’m pretty sure that with the new[er] settings you can set it to how it was in the beta.

Do you play wired or wireless? Using a wired controller noticeably reduces the input lag of a wireless controller.

I’m not bad at aiming, but I do agree that the aiming in Halo 5 is unnecessarily difficult compared to any past Halo game. I can go play the Chief Collection or Reach and aim just fine, but like you said, in Halo 5 there’s almost more of a fight to control the crosshair than a fight to kill the enemy

I also hope they go back to how aiming used to be for Halo 6

Yeah, I’ve gotten somewhat used to it, but it’s most noticeable when I use my pistol. Setting it to the beta settings doesn’t fix the issue.

I think part of the problem is something to do with velocity jumps that were added. See the link below.

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=42414.0

I jump back and forth between Halo: MCC and Halo 5 every day and it still throws me off.

The aiming will never be fixed in H5
it’s the actual mechanic itself that’s the problem (at least in my opinion)
we can only hope that they ditch this two turn style aim in H6 and go back to a traditional aim mechanic

aiming and Spartan charge are my two main issues with the game

I’m glad there are those of you that can relate to where I’m coming from with this issue. Sorry it seemed like I was upset (which I was). Just was having an off day today.

Even with the new updates for the settings the aiming is better. But no where what it use to be. I don’t understand why they messed with the aiming to begin with?? The one thing most prior Halos always had was a decent aiming. Maybe Halo6 will go back that way…

> 2533274809541057;2:
> Two things.
>
> I’m pretty sure that with the new[er] settings you can set it to how it was in the beta.
>
> Do you play wired or wireless? Using a wired controller noticeably reduces the input lag of a wireless controller.

The Rudy, Are you using a wired controller? Also you care to share what your control settings are?

Zippy.

> 2533274809541057;2:
> Two things.
>
> I’m pretty sure that with the new[er] settings you can set it to how it was in the beta.
>
> Do you play wired or wireless? Using a wired controller noticeably reduces the input lag of a wireless controller.

I’m using the Elite Xbox controller and I always have it wired in whenever I play Halo. The only thing you can really set that was in the Beta is the aim acceleration (which is set to 2) but other than that I do believe the aiming wasn’t two turn based if I remember correctly.

> 2533274834089336;10:
> > 2533274809541057;2:
> > Two things.
> >
> > I’m pretty sure that with the new[er] settings you can set it to how it was in the beta.
> >
> > Do you play wired or wireless? Using a wired controller noticeably reduces the input lag of a wireless controller.
>
>
> I’m using the Elite Xbox controller and I always have it wired in whenever I play Halo. The only thing you can really set that was in the Beta is the aim acceleration (which is set to 2) but other than that I do believe the aiming wasn’t two turn based if I remember correctly.

That’s correct
the beta had the classic aim system and was changed to the two turn system after the beta

The new mechanic is the issue (again in my opinion) so no matter what additional settings they throw in there no matter how many teams they give us and no matter how much they say setting X is the same as the beta…
its not because the beta did not have this mechanic

i personally just can’t get used to the aim it just always feels like my shot is off, no matter what I do

> 2533274832130936;11:
> > 2533274834089336;10:
> > > 2533274809541057;2:
> > > Two things.
> > >
> > > I’m pretty sure that with the new[er] settings you can set it to how it was in the beta.
> > >
> > > Do you play wired or wireless? Using a wired controller noticeably reduces the input lag of a wireless controller.
> >
> >
> > I’m using the Elite Xbox controller and I always have it wired in whenever I play Halo. The only thing you can really set that was in the Beta is the aim acceleration (which is set to 2) but other than that I do believe the aiming wasn’t two turn based if I remember correctly.
>
>
> That’s correct
> the beta had the classic aim system and was changed to the two turn system after the beta
>
> The new mechanic is the issue (again in my opinion) so no matter what additional settings they throw in there no matter how many teams they give us and no matter how much they say setting X is the same as the beta…
> its not because the beta did not have this mechanic
>
> i personally just can’t get used to the aim it just always feels like my shot is off, no matter what I do

Yeah same here man. It sometimes makes me resent from playing another match because I think to myself, “I really don’t feel like fighting my aiming controls again.” Like, I will get them one shot, but I’m never able to follow up with a headshot sometimes specifically because of the two turn. Now granted there are times where it’s completely my fault that my aim is bad but most of the time it’s because I’m trying to fight my analog stick to put the crosshairs a little bit to their head. It just doesn’t work out for me. Everyone else seems like one shot ahead of me and it gets super frustrating.

I really hope 343i realizes that players like the way the aiming was in previous Halo’s and wish to see it return in Halo 6.

What exactly is two turn aim?

Actually, the OP is right, along with some others. The aiming did get harder in Halo 5. I remember people talking somewhere that 343 said they decreased the amount of auto-aim compared to previous games to make it “more competitive.” Another reason why I’m so annoyed by 343 most of the time.

The aiming is tougher than previous titles but you just have the mess with the settings till it’s comfortable. I feel the aiming is pretty good.

It’s kind of weird that they had to release an update to give us the option to make the aiming like it was in the Beta. Aiming that not a lot of people complained about and that has worked fine for years in previous games.

But even with the new options, it still doesn’t feel as good as it did in the Beta. Why even change it?

> 2533274816788253;15:
> The aiming is tougher than previous titles but you just have the mess with the settings till it’s comfortable. I feel the aiming is pretty good.

It’s tougher because it’s trash. Go play some other FPS from Destiny, Overwatch, Older Halo’s, and CoD. I can switch between all those games and have no problem with the aiming. Halo 5 it’s a new breed of trash. 343i need to fix it because the sensitivity updates aren’t cutting it at all.

To 343i. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

> 2533274832130936;11:
> > 2533274834089336;10:
> > > 2533274809541057;2:
> > > Two things.
> > >
> > > I’m pretty sure that with the new[er] settings you can set it to how it was in the beta.
> > >
> > > Do you play wired or wireless? Using a wired controller noticeably reduces the input lag of a wireless controller.
> >
> >
> > I’m using the Elite Xbox controller and I always have it wired in whenever I play Halo. The only thing you can really set that was in the Beta is the aim acceleration (which is set to 2) but other than that I do believe the aiming wasn’t two turn based if I remember correctly.
>
>
> That’s correct
> the beta had the classic aim system and was changed to the two turn system after the beta
>
> The new mechanic is the issue (again in my opinion) so no matter what additional settings they throw in there no matter how many teams they give us and no matter how much they say setting X is the same as the beta…
> its not because the beta did not have this mechanic
>
> i personally just can’t get used to the aim it just always feels like my shot is off, no matter what I do

Fair enough. Just thought I’d ask and be sure.

> 2535408651840811;13:
> What exactly is two turn aim?

Two turn aiming is this
(please note for this explaination I am going to use numbers that will give you a general idea of how it works and not the precise numbers used in the mechanic)

on on your right thumb stick yo have a radius of 0-100
0 being centre
100 being pegged

from 0-60 is precision aim mode
from 61-100 is turn mode where aim acceleration really kicks in

The probelm (at least again in my opinion) is that the precision aim mode is too slow it’s hard to track targets that are sprinting and thrusting
and turn mode is too fast

Because there is no smooth transition between the two modes (once you hit 61 from 60 your aim gets exponentially faster) it causes the aiming to be very very wonky and inconsistent
because aim mode is too slow you over compensate your aim especially when tracking a thrusting opponent and hit that 61 where turn mode begins and your aim shoots off even further and lose the battle that you may have at least had. A chance in otherwise

it’s not that the system is broken, it’s not
it’s designed this way used mostly in twitch shooters

I just don’t think this mechanic is suited to halo games type

Then… Uh… Don’t aim?