I'm really happy there is no 1-50

I hate Halo 3’s ranking system. Not so much the 1 EXP you get just for winning or tying (I really hate that, too), but the 1-50 is trash. I’ve been stuck at 22 on this profile for a while now and I win 98% of my Lone Wolves games. The game literally won’t let me go any higher. Not only that, but there is also no set system for how it works. I have been playing Halo 3 online since 2008, and I’ve noticed that the highest skill going up is totally based on luck. There is no real way to know when it will go up again or whether you have to win 3 matches or 13. I hate it.

I’m glad I don’t have to deal with this in Halo 4.

Sorry, if you won 98% of your Lone Wolves games you would have a 50. I have a 50 in that and don’t even have a win percentage of 98.

1-50 had its flaws but it was also fairly accurate… Which is EXACTLY why so many people hated it.

Hell, Bungie removed it from Reach because, and I quote, “Nobody liked being told they weren’t the best.”

In other words, it hurt too many feelings.

That and you wouldn’t have to deal with people who reach 50 and make new accounts just make lower level players Multiplayer experience miserable.
In other words, I agree. Atleast in Halo 4, you only get a Game Complete XP number if you lose and people who win get a larger amount of XP. Unlike Reach where you could maybe get more from losing than the winnders. -_-

I agree,The highest I made on Halo 3 was like 37 or around that number,The new and improve ranking systems are simple,easy,and very well put together.

> Sorry, <mark>if you won 98% of your Lone Wolves games you would have a 50.</mark> I have a 50 in that and don’t even have a win percentage of 98.
>
> 1-50 had its flaws but it was also fairly accurate… Which is EXACTLY why so many people hated it.
>
> Hell, Bungie removed it from Reach because, and I quote, “Nobody liked being told they weren’t the best.”
>
> In other words, it hurt too many feelings.

I started getting my Highest Skill up in Lone Wolves when my Highest Skill was 15 or 16. Since I started Lone Wolves, I have only lost 2-3 matches out of the… hell, who knows how many matches of LW I have played, easily over 50. Like I said, it won’t go up worth a crap.

I actually kinda miss it. It’s not like I’m super competitive or anything but it gave me something to strive for.

> > Sorry, <mark>if you won 98% of your Lone Wolves games you would have a 50.</mark> I have a 50 in that and don’t even have a win percentage of 98.
> >
> > 1-50 had its flaws but it was also fairly accurate… Which is EXACTLY why so many people hated it.
> >
> > Hell, Bungie removed it from Reach because, and I quote, “Nobody liked being told they weren’t the best.”
> >
> > In other words, it hurt too many feelings.
>
> I started getting my Highest Skill up in Lone Wolves when my Highest Skill was 15 or 16. Since I started Lone Wolves, I have only lost 2-3 matches out of the… hell, who knows how many matches of LW I have played, easily over 50. Like I said, it won’t go up worth a crap.

Unless you played a lot of LW before and lost a lot as well then you should be much higher than your 20s.

> <mark>I agree,The highest I made on Halo 3 was like 37 or around that number,</mark>
>
>
> <mark>The new aranking systems are simple,easy</mark>

Why people didn’t like the 1-50

Also Just a heads up EVERY FLAW that 1-50 has Reach’s Arena has all of them + a few more

So you complain that the system is putting you where you belong? It seems to be working as intended. If you won 98% of your games you’d be at 50 by then. You aren’t supposed to rank up if you aren’t good enough. The system is progressive, you don’t get that.

Complaining about the 1 EXP is silly too. You lose you shouldn’t get anything.

Ranking system is pointless to me, I prefer gaming experience over a medal that shows how good/bad I am.

> Ranking system is pointless to me, I prefer gaming experience over a medal that shows how good/bad I am.

if the ranking system is based on skill then you would care about ranks because it would provide you with a good or bad experience in regards to who it matches you with …

The only thing I disliked about the ranking system in Halo 3 was that the more EXP you earned over the course of your gaming career, the harder it was to rank up, hence why many people felt as though they were “rank locked.”

Other than that though, the ranking system did it’s job of matching players of similar skill fairly well with each other.

The game says you are at 22 skill, so you are 22 skill material.

The point of 1-50 was not to race to the max rank, it is meant to place you within one of fifty levels that properly define your skill level.

> The only thing I disliked about the ranking system in Halo 3 was that the more EXP you earned over the course of your gaming career, the harder it was to rank up, hence why many people felt as though they were “rank locked.”
>
> Other than that though, the ranking system did it’s job of matching players of similar skill fairly well with each other.

exp has nothing to do with the ‘rank lock’. It was only players who played in the same playlist over and over and never were very good to move up in trueskill so after that many games won and lost it kept them there since thats where they belonged. If they became a better player then yes it will take longer to go up but that is not a result of exp. That is just all the losses stacked in that playlists.

If exp was the case then a player with 5000 exp could go into a fresh playlist (like say a new double exp weekend ranked playlist) and they would be stuck at lvl 1. It doesn’t work that way. It’s only based on wins and losses per playlist with the mu and sigma of trueksill working in the background.

It’s funny. People just don’t like having their feelings hurt. “Everyone wins” should be 343’s motto. So lame, and I can tell you right now. If you had only played 50 games of Lone Wolves and were winning at 98 percent there is no way you would only be a 16.

“Level lock” happens because that is your True Skill!!

I know it can be hard to level up sometimes, but that is because you are within your matchmaking skill.

My doubles partner and I got a rank locked 5 star general in doubles from 47-50. There is no such thing as permanent “Rank Lock” you just need to improve considerably.

Not saying that I want 1-50 back. But a ranking system would be nice

OP

Being honest as possible here…

OP, plain and simple, you’re not good… and you lie (because if you won that many you wouldn’t be stuck at 22)

Halo 3’s rank system is flawed, I think we all agree on that for the most part, but it’s not that flawed.

Tough love…

People don’t like having to work for something they would rather it be handed to them and feel like they are winners Even if they’re Not

> I actually kinda miss it. It’s not like I’m super competitive or anything but it gave me something to strive for.

I agree Everyone gave it their all to get 50 and then played more just to show ot off

> > The only thing I disliked about the ranking system in Halo 3 was that the more EXP you earned over the course of your gaming career, the harder it was to rank up, hence why many people felt as though they were “rank locked.”
> >
> > Other than that though, the ranking system did it’s job of matching players of similar skill fairly well with each other.
>
> exp has nothing to do with the ‘rank lock’. It was only players who played in the same playlist over and over and never were very good to move up in trueskill so after that many games won and lost it kept them there since thats where they belonged. If they became a better player then yes it will take longer to go up but that is not a result of exp. That is just all the losses stacked in that playlists.
>
> If exp was the case then a player with 5000 exp could go into a fresh playlist (like say a new double exp weekend ranked playlist) and they would be stuck at lvl 1. It doesn’t work that way. It’s only based on wins and losses per playlist with the mu and sigma of trueksill working in the background.

Ahh okay, thanks for clearing that up. I had someone say that the way they were ranked locked was due to the fact that they had built up EXP in that certain playlist they were trying to rank up in.