I'm really happy about this CSR system, but..

Don’t mean to be a negative nelly or anything, I’m over the moon that 343 have decided to implement a skill based system for Halo 4, it’s awesome! However, will this be visible in game or just on the website? Because isn’t the whole point that you know how good the other players in your lobby are by looking at their CSR? Otherwise I’m kind of confused to how well this will work, hopefully it’s not the BPR system all over again, I want this to work but if it’s not visible in game then…:confused:

Anyway, not trying to be a troll or complain or get mad at the forums anything, super excited for Halo 4 and even more so now that there is a CSR system, but this topic does worry me, what are your guys’ thoughts?

We don’t know yet. That why it’s important for everyone to put their input in and hopefully we can get a system that works for everyone!

Your spartan rank is visible to other players at the start of a match. However, it’s not something you see in game.

I know this because I’m currently playing online.

> We don’t know yet. That why it’s important for everyone to put their input in and hopefully we can get a system that works for everyone!

I say in-game. It’s a part of Halo 4, and while just having it in Halo Waypoint is better than nothing, it will probably be ignored like the BPR if this happens. It needs to be in-game, but only I can see it in-game.

> Your spartan rank is visible to other players at the start of a match. However, it’s not something you see in game.
>
> I know this because I’m currently playing online.

Two questions:

1. Then why are you on the Forums right now?
  2. How did you get it? Did you buy it? If that’s the case, isn’t that illegal since it’s illegal to sell video games before the release date?

Well maybe there thinking how in reach if you got in a game against a whole clan of Inheritors most of your team would leave.

And that if you went against a bunch of high ranking skilled players in halo 4 and you knew they were that highly ranked that maybe your team would leave even though you can join in game some times.

> > Your spartan rank is visible to other players at the start of a match. However, it’s not something you see in game.
> >
> > I know this because I’m currently playing online.
>
> Two questions:
> 1) Then why are you on the Forums right now?
> 2) How did you get it? Did you buy it? If that’s the case, isn’t that illegal since it’s illegal to sell video games before the release date?

Also if you’re on the forums you should already know a new system called the CSR has just been announced, I’m not talking about the progressive unlock system called Spartan Ranks.

Well a little birdy told me

“THE RANKING SYSTEM IS A SPY”

although you can interpret that how you want to.

> Well maybe there thinking how in reach if you got in a game against a whole clan of Inheritors most of your team would leave.
>
> And that if you went against a bunch of high ranking skilled players in halo 4 and you knew they were that highly ranked that maybe your team would leave even though you can join in game some times.

Reach did not have a ranking system anything like the CRS, it had a progressive unlock system reflected by in game emblems and names such as, Inheritor, Hero, Legend etc.

> Don’t mean to be a negative nelly or anything, I’m over the moon that 343 have decided to implement a skill based system for Halo 4, it’s awesome! However, will this be visible in game or just on the website? <mark>Because isn’t the whole point that you know how good the other players in your lobby are by looking at their CSR? Otherwise I’m kind of confused to how well this will work, hopefully it’s not the BPR system all over again, I want this to work but if it’s not visible in game then…:/</mark>
>
> Anyway, not trying to be a troll or complain or get mad at the forums anything, super excited for Halo 4 and even more so now that there is a CSR system, but this topic does worry me, what are your guys’ thoughts?

EDIT: Actually, in Halo 4, you shouldn’t need to see how good the other players in the lobby are anyway because the TrueSkill system will be matching you up with players of a very similar skill level to you. Therefore in theory, however good you are is about how good they will all be…

Also, most people I saw complaining were after arguing that they wanted visibe ranks so that the could see how well they themselves are performing. The CSR is not likely to fluctuate after every match, so this system 343 suggested will work fine.

What they are doing is giving a good system, that will be way better than Reach’s BPR, that will allow competitive players to see their own CSR on Waypoint, while at the same time largely avoiding the negative aspects that DO occur if they had made it visible to all in the lobby (being ego-fueled a-holes, boosters, account sellers etc etc etc).

Essentially, it’s a COMPROMISE ; people who want to see their rank get the ability to do so, while people who dont want to deal with that, don’t have to.