Im really getting tired of the Halo 4 Community...

Whenever a idea comes up- good or not, it seems that theres a certain pattern im starting to see.

Whenever a idea comes up that is similar to other games, it seems most people say “this isnt Game A, if you want it go play Game A not Game B.”

The problem with this is, just because an idea is similar to other games doesnt mean that they are copying them, or “trying to put that game into Halo”. According to this philosophy, Halo is copying Doom. Doom is a fps. So is Halo. Therefor, Halo copied it. And also, Doom copied Half Life, because Half life had guns in it. So did Doom. Half Life copied pong by being a video game. Is there really a need for explanation on how this is wrong? an example on a more recent case is in this thread- http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst53495_halo-4-should-have-kill-cams.aspx

On the thread above, you can see how the OP proposed having a kill cam, similar to another game. Look how many people said “get your CoD out of my Halo” or “its copying CoD”

Just because the idea is similar doesnt mean they copied. Good idea or not, games evolve from other games. Good ideas spread through games while bad ideas die off.

Halo 4 needs to evolve. I dont want a copy of the last games, but then again not something to out there. But its not a problem. This point in development the basic game is created. Though many changes can probably still be made. I have confidence in 343, and i hope you do to. Though i think this community is going to destroy Halo.

Your message is going to be about as effective as throwing baloney at an oncoming tank. To an extent I agree though.

Most ideas I’ve seen here aren’t very good. Halo doesn’t need killcams. I would rather keep what we have then get a gimmick.

thank you i got torn to peices on my killl cam thread, still am

And that’s exactly why people should learn to disregard people who say “No, because X has it” or even just “No”. You have complete right to ask them to provide better argument, but no one’s forcing you to consider their baseless opinions.

> Your message is going to be about as effective as throwing baloney at an oncoming tank.

I guess I need to rethink my tank strategies…

I guess the community is apprehensive to new ideas, especially ones from other games. From what Frankie’s said in the past, it sounds like they’ll be incorporating one or two ideas from CoD and improving upon them. As to what they are, and how good they turn out, we’ll see eventually.

Another thing: This is a new trilogy. There’s so much potential, I can barely begin to wrap my head around it. Maybe people don’t want new ideas because people themselves don’t know what Halo 4 has in store for them?

Im about to put a big 40+ idea post here and Im prepared to get flamed for it. Even though people are going to freak for stupid reasons, I feel like 343i MIGHT see them and then they have a chance to be implemented in Halo4.

People like to troll and flame forums, its just the sad truth =(

> Most ideas I’ve seen here aren’t very good. Halo doesn’t need killcams. I would rather keep what we have then get a gimmick.

My thread isn’t about the quality of the idea but the responses to them

> Whenever a idea comes up that is similar to other games, it seems most people say “this isnt Game A, if you want it go play Game A not Game B.”
>
> Look how many people said “<mark>get your CoD out of my Halo</mark>” or “<mark>its copying CoD</mark>”

If you see posts like the ones you listed above that are not contributing to the topic at hand, please report them. We consider them spam and will deal with them accordingly.

You can find more information about spam and our forum guidelines here:

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postsm340584_Halo-Waypoint-Forum-Rules.aspx#post340584

> Whenever a idea comes up that is similar to other games, it seems most people say “this isnt Game A, if you want it go play Game A not Game B.”

That’s because game “A” and game “B” generally function completely differently and their mechanics are not interchangeable. It’s like saying, “let’s shove a propeller on a car because it works extremely well on aeroplanes!”. Just because something works well on one thing doesn’t mean it’s universally a “good idea”, and instead of wasting an hour of their time writing up a well thought out response as to why mechanic “C” works well in game “A” and not in game “B” the average user will instead write up something like: “this isnt Game A, if you want it go play Game A not Game B”. That’s perfectly understandable too, as it’s quite clear that the OP doesn’t understand game design. If he did he wouldn’t be suggesting mechanic “C” from game “A” make an appearance in game “B”. Regardless of how well a post is put together explaining why mechanics from game “A” and “B” are not interchangeable chances are the OP will still deem his idea a good idea. It’s futile to write a good post, therefore only idiots do. The smart people just leave without saying anything, or perhaps they’ll post something semi-decent…

Anyway, this is just a generalization. Some mechanics from games “A” and “B” can be interchangeable and beneficial, but the majority of suggestions in the Halo 4 section are not, such as the kill-cam example you later use.

> just because an idea is similar to other games doesnt mean that they are copying them

Yes it does mean they’re copying, but is it a bad thing? Not necessarily.

> According to this philosophy, Halo is copying Doom. Doom is a fps. So is Halo. Therefor, Halo copied it. And also, Doom copied Half Life, because Half life had guns in it. So did Doom. Half Life copied pong by being a video game. Is there really a need for explanation on how this is wrong?

It’s not “wrong”, it’s correct. Well, it’s actually incorrect as Doom came before Half-Life, therefore the statement should be “And also, Half Life copied Doom, because Doom had guns in it”, but that’s quite irrelevant. Point is, copying other peoples’ ideas is completely natural and happens all around us. It’s nothing to be ashamed of.

> an example on a more recent case is in this thread- http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst53495_halo-4-should-have-kill-cams.aspx
>
> On the thread above, you can see how the OP proposed having a kill cam, similar to another game. Look how many people said “get your CoD out of my Halo” or “its copying CoD”

Only one poster used the “its copying CoD” argument, and even then it was amongst other “legit” arguments. Majority of posts there either express their dislike for kill-cams or explain why they’re not needed in Halo. What more could you want? Let me guess, a long post written by Einstein? I don’t think so. The OP didn’t even justify his claims of how kill-cams will “draw in new players and help them learn how to play”. So to expect an Einstein-like response to such a post is a bit unreasonable, no? I myself think the hardship new players might face in Halo hardly stems from not being able to see how they got killed, but I digress.

> Just because the idea is similar doesnt mean they copied.

Yes it does, but like I said, it’s not necessarily a bad thing.

> Good idea or not, games evolve from other games.

Yes, they do. An up and coming dev team will take ideas from the most popular and relevant game out there in the hopes that its product will be a success too, this is evolution, but it’s not innovation.

> Good ideas spread through games while bad ideas die off.

That can be true, just as the reverse can too.

> Halo 4 needs to evolve. I dont want a copy of the last games

Thanks for sharing your opinion, but…

> Though i think this community is going to destroy Halo.

such pessimism…

I agree. Whether people like to admit it or not, there are things seen in other games that can work in and improve upon the Halo formula. Sometimes it’s going to be a tiny thing in another game, sometimes it might be something bigger, just because that one thing could be in a Halo game doesn’t mean Halo will turn into a completely different game. Killcams was used as an example. Would it drastically alter Halo? Probably not. Is it in CoD? Yes. Does that make it fundamentally bad? No. Do I personally want Killcams? No, I just don’t enjoy them, but that isn’t because of any other game, it’s just my feelings towards one tiny thing.

> I agree. Whether people like to admit it or not, there are things seen in other games that can work in and improve upon the Halo formula. Sometimes it’s going to be a tiny thing in another game, sometimes it might be something bigger, just because that one thing could be in a Halo game doesn’t mean Halo will turn into a completely different game. Killcams was used as an example. Would it drastically alter Halo? Probably not. Is it in CoD? Yes. Does that make it fundamentally bad? No. Do I personally want Killcams? No, I just don’t enjoy them, but that isn’t because of any other game, it’s just my feelings towards one tiny thing.

well its not halo and alot of the things cod has is made to be super easy gameplay a 5yo can understand. serious some of the post if we were to agree would be stupid and we all know it came from COD. Throwing knives and weapon leveling. cod people want to turn every game into it because they hate the MM but they want features of it in other games which just dont work.

Halo kill cams would be horrible no matter which way you argue it its still a joke. in BF3 forums people wanted kill cams so if i take all that time prone siting miles back in a ghillie suit using an M98B suppressed and have to use a 12X for how far i am and adjust the bullet drop and finally kill a guy and that guy wants a kill cam for what? so he know exactly where i am to kill me in a couple seconds when it took me a way longer to find and shoot him? hell no. seriously some of these ideas on here are way to cod like. “Activate the Halo Array after 20 kills” really? I will call out cod i ideas if they arent good and just someone want halo to be their next cod game.

Hey cod gets something right like no MM achievments or bs ones or the easy theatre mode they made that allows for seconds to upload up on youtube. those are things we need, not throwing knives and Halos activation and ending the game.

You want Halo to evolve. Fair enough, but how much, and how quickly?

Do you want Dinosaurs -> Birds or Monkeys -> Humans? Either way, we can’t have Halo acting like a turtle or a crocodile. Those things just refuse to get on with the program.

As Ian Malcolm so eloquently put it, “Life will find a way.

I’m getting tired of these threads; but do I make a complaint thread about it? no I don’t.

halo has to change or its going to be forgotten.

> Most ideas I’ve seen here aren’t very good. Halo doesn’t need killcams. I would rather keep what we have then get a gimmick.

So true, also Halo introduce lots of ideas and features (Theater, very good custom games with all the settings you can get and a great armor custom. , Forge, etc) Most of the games today takes ideas example COD ( black ops theater )

I reject ideas on weapon attatchments/customisation and killcams because they are just terrible ideas. Plain and simple.

OP, now you know 343i’s REAL challenge.

How do you make EVERYONE happy? They can’t.

The best thing 343i can do is to make a rock solid FPS based on proven Halo epicness and be done w/it.

Adding a bunch of ‘gimmicky’ crap is what wrecked Reach and Halo MP.

See this is what I find absolutely hilarious about, people who comment of threads hating ideas, the ones that leave all ‘‘no halo should never change’’ BS I mean seriously if this title doesn’t evolve then it will die and it also seems funny that when people see things like ‘‘LEAVE SPRINT IN HALO!’’ ect they get all ‘‘No, No it ruined reach’’ How do you know they wont make it better then reach? stop comparing every idea to reach.

> See this is what I find absolutely hilarious about, people who comment of threads hating ideas, the ones that leave all ‘‘no halo should never change’’ BS I mean seriously if this title doesn’t evolve then it will die and it also seems funny that when people see things like ‘‘LEAVE SPRINT IN HALO!’’ ect they get all ‘‘No, No it ruined reach’’ How do you know they wont make it better then reach? stop comparing every idea to reach.

By “Evolve,” do you mean “Gradually become more and more generic?” If games were constantly ‘evolving,’ they would all become the same exact game.

Also, there is no way to make Sprint less terrible than it already is. If there is a way to change your movement speed in-game, there’s a problem.

Because not all mechanics from different games are compatible with eachother. It’s not that hard to understand.