I'm Ready for the Good Halo4 News

When does that start?

So far its looking like slow killing weapons along with abilities that prolong lives. An odd marriage.

When does the “Halo” news drop that’s good? “Trust us” and “feels like Halo” ring so hollow.

In my mind all Halo 4 news is good news.

E3 I guess. It’s make it or break it for 343 come June 4th.

> E3 I guess. It’s make it or break it for 343 come June 4th.

That’s a lot of pressure.

Frankie should come out at E3 and just say, “The classic mode feels exactly like Halo2.” and everyone would cheer and cry tears of joy and carry him off the stage like Rudy Reuttiger.

> > E3 I guess. It’s make it or break it for 343 come June 4th.
>
> That’s a lot of pressure.
>
> Frankie should come out at E3 and just say, “The classic mode feels exactly like Halo2.” and everyone would cheer and cry tears of joy and carry him off the stage like Rudy Reuttiger.

[crosses fingers]

> > E3 I guess. It’s make it or break it for 343 come June 4th.
>
> That’s a lot of pressure.
>
> Frankie should come out at E3 and just say, “The classic mode feels exactly like Halo2.” and everyone would cheer and cry tears of joy and carry him off the stage like Rudy Reuttiger.

I’d much rather they say it plays like Halo CE and Halo 2 than Halo 2 on its own, but I agree that any sort of detail on the classic playlist that shows gameplay towards a no loadout, equal starts, and gimmickless Halo would certainly alleviate any negativity I have towards Halo 4’s current information.

Movement speed, jump height, and strafe as the basis of halo 3. Sounds like good news to me. They say gameplay is fast. Mm looks good. All seems well.

> Movement speed, jump height, and strafe as the basis of halo 3. Sounds like good news to me. They say gameplay is fast. Mm looks good. All seems well.

^^^^^^

> > E3 I guess. It’s make it or break it for 343 come June 4th.
>
> That’s a lot of pressure.
>
> Frankie should come out at E3 and just say, “The classic mode feels exactly like Halo2.” and everyone would cheer and cry tears of joy and carry him off the stage like Rudy Reuttiger.

this. very much agreed. if this doesn’t happen i’ll always have my pillow to cry into.

> > > E3 I guess. It’s make it or break it for 343 come June 4th.
> >
> > That’s a lot of pressure.
> >
> > Frankie should come out at E3 and just say, “The classic mode feels exactly like Halo2.” and everyone would cheer and cry tears of joy and carry him off the stage like Rudy Reuttiger.
>
> I’d much rather they say it plays like Halo CE and Halo 2 than Halo 2 on its own, but I agree that any sort of detail on the classic playlist that shows gameplay towards a no loadout, equal starts, and gimmickless Halo would certainly alleviate any negativity I have towards Halo 4’s current information.

I’m pretty sure they are going to showcase default Halo 4 first and foremost. As default halo 4 will be.more popular anyways. It’s what they’ve been working on for the longest, not a classic playlist.

> > > > E3 I guess. It’s make it or break it for 343 come June 4th.
> > >
> > > That’s a lot of pressure.
> > >
> > > Frankie should come out at E3 and just say, “The classic mode feels exactly like Halo2.” and everyone would cheer and cry tears of joy and carry him off the stage like Rudy Reuttiger.
> >
> > I’d much rather they say it plays like Halo CE and Halo 2 than Halo 2 on its own, but I agree that any sort of detail on the classic playlist that shows gameplay towards a no loadout, equal starts, and gimmickless Halo would certainly alleviate any negativity I have towards Halo 4’s current information.
>
> I’m pretty sure they are going to showcase default Halo 4 first and foremost. As default halo 4 will be.more popular anyways. It’s what they’ve been working on for the longest, not a classic playlist.

>Assumes that the new = more popular.

If they make the game correctly, then stripping away the gimmicks from the gameplay and some custom option changes should be all that need be done for a classic playlist. That’s what we want to see. You couldn’t do that with Reach because the game was too far gone.

> > > > > E3 I guess. It’s make it or break it for 343 come June 4th.
> > > >
> > > > That’s a lot of pressure.
> > > >
> > > > Frankie should come out at E3 and just say, “The classic mode feels exactly like Halo2.” and everyone would cheer and cry tears of joy and carry him off the stage like Rudy Reuttiger.
> > >
> > > I’d much rather they say it plays like Halo CE and Halo 2 than Halo 2 on its own, but I agree that any sort of detail on the classic playlist that shows gameplay towards a no loadout, equal starts, and gimmickless Halo would certainly alleviate any negativity I have towards Halo 4’s current information.
> >
> > I’m pretty sure they are going to showcase default Halo 4 first and foremost. As default halo 4 will be.more popular anyways. It’s what they’ve been working on for the longest, not a classic playlist.
>
> >Assumes that the new = more popular.
>
> If they make the game correctly, then stripping away the gimmicks from the gameplay and some custom option changes should be all that need be done for a classic playlist. That’s what we want to see. You couldn’t do that with Reach because the game was too far gone.

they would have to add substantial support for classic playlists. not just one playlist, but one for each classic gametype, e.g. classis TS, classic doubles, classic team snipers, classic swat, classic FFA, classic objective… etc.

this is the only way i can see classic halo becoming more popular in halo 4 than defualt. i fear 343 will not do this however.

> In my mind all Halo 4 news is good news.

so you’re saying because its halo 4 you will blindly accept anything about it as good.
Right…

> > > > > > E3 I guess. It’s make it or break it for 343 come June 4th.
> > > > >
> > > > > That’s a lot of pressure.
> > > > >
> > > > > Frankie should come out at E3 and just say, “The classic mode feels exactly like Halo2.” and everyone would cheer and cry tears of joy and carry him off the stage like Rudy Reuttiger.
> > > >
> > > > I’d much rather they say it plays like Halo CE and Halo 2 than Halo 2 on its own, but I agree that any sort of detail on the classic playlist that shows gameplay towards a no loadout, equal starts, and gimmickless Halo would certainly alleviate any negativity I have towards Halo 4’s current information.
> > >
> > > I’m pretty sure they are going to showcase default Halo 4 first and foremost. As default halo 4 will be.more popular anyways. It’s what they’ve been working on for the longest, not a classic playlist.
> >
> > >Assumes that the new = more popular.
> >
> > If they make the game correctly, then stripping away the gimmicks from the gameplay and some custom option changes should be all that need be done for a classic playlist. That’s what we want to see. You couldn’t do that with Reach because the game was too far gone.
>
> they would have to add substantial support for classic playlists. not just one playlist, but one for each classic gametype, e.g. classis TS, classic doubles, classic team snipers, classic swat, classic FFA, classic objective… etc.
>
> this is the only way i can see classic halo becoming more popular in halo 4 than defualt. i fear 343 will not do this however.

SWAT and Snipes won’t change much between “versions” so there’s no need for “classic” playlist offerings of them. The only ones really needed are Team Slayer, Objective/Squad, FFA, and Doubles. Preferably with Team Slayer, FFA, and Doubles being Ranked.

This may sound crazy, but I feel sorry for the moderators trying to keep a lid on the info re:H4 because 343 trying to keep everything ‘secret’ before E3, they are being ‘secret’ to the point of being irresponsible to the members of Waypoint and the moderators.

> > In my mind all Halo 4 news is good news.
>
> so you’re saying because its halo 4 you will blindly accept anything about it as good.
> Right…

I’m not really the picky type…

> > > E3 I guess. It’s make it or break it for 343 come June 4th.
> >
> > That’s a lot of pressure.
> >
> > Frankie should come out at E3 and just say, “The classic mode feels exactly like Halo2.” and everyone would cheer and cry tears of joy and carry him off the stage like Rudy Reuttiger.
>
> I’d much rather they say it plays like Halo CE and Halo 2 than Halo 2 on its own, but I agree that any sort of detail on the classic playlist that shows gameplay towards a no loadout, equal starts, and gimmickless Halo would certainly alleviate any negativity I have towards Halo 4’s current information.

Keeping the grizzled ancient fans of Halo around after Reach needs to be a thought.

Splice in some footage of a power up to give us any hope it might actually feel like Halo.

> > > > > > > E3 I guess. It’s make it or break it for 343 come June 4th.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > That’s a lot of pressure.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Frankie should come out at E3 and just say, “The classic mode feels exactly like Halo2.” and everyone would cheer and cry tears of joy and carry him off the stage like Rudy Reuttiger.
> > > > >
> > > > > I’d much rather they say it plays like Halo CE and Halo 2 than Halo 2 on its own, but I agree that any sort of detail on the classic playlist that shows gameplay towards a no loadout, equal starts, and gimmickless Halo would certainly alleviate any negativity I have towards Halo 4’s current information.
> > > >
> > > > I’m pretty sure they are going to showcase default Halo 4 first and foremost. As default halo 4 will be.more popular anyways. It’s what they’ve been working on for the longest, not a classic playlist.
> > >
> > > >Assumes that the new = more popular.
> > >
> > > If they make the game correctly, then stripping away the gimmicks from the gameplay and some custom option changes should be all that need be done for a classic playlist. That’s what we want to see. You couldn’t do that with Reach because the game was too far gone.
> >
> > they would have to add substantial support for classic playlists. not just one playlist, but one for each classic gametype, e.g. classis TS, classic doubles, classic team snipers, classic swat, classic FFA, classic objective… etc.
> >
> > this is the only way i can see classic halo becoming more popular in halo 4 than defualt. i fear 343 will not do this however.
>
> SWAT and Snipes won’t change much between “versions” so there’s no need for “classic” playlist offerings of them. The only ones really needed are Team Slayer, Objective/Squad, FFA, and Doubles. Preferably with Team Slayer, FFA, and Doubles being Ranked.

yeah, now that you say that, i agree.

I just hope its good, I bet mastercheif will be happy to not be stuck in a refridgerator beside the ketchup and mustard =P

> I just hope its good, I bet mastercheif will be happy to not be stuck in a refridgerator beside the ketchup and mustard =P