Im over all disapointed in Halo 4 MM + poll

I start off and say I get Halo to play competitively not like I got all MLG about it but I like to win and have to feel if I don’t win I lost something.

If anything 343 failed to keep everyone happy so they just made one side happy and left the “pro” players to suffer. not saying that your bad if you like halo 4 but there nothing competitive about the game anymore.

In Halo 4 I see no reason to leave spawn on a slayer game for example… you camp and can get drops for weapons. your scoop says in so it not like you have to be close to do damage. I don’t hate the fact that’s there is AA I can accept change but to kill how a game is played is a different story.

What I see that wrong with the games MM

Lack of weapons on the map with spawn times that don’t disappear. (the rate at weapons disappearing in the game is ridicules)The way you get grenade’s now is through a AA that is kinda lame imo. If there no Weapons on the map it leaves little reason to run around the map to control a spot for a weapon drop. Example of getting ready to get invis. getting the sniper drop. getting the rockets or over shields.

I touched on this but the fact that you stay scooped in when your shot. This just makes things like the sniper and the DMR overpowered long range weapons. I see this all the time when I played people will just camp so far away with DMRs on open maps because there no reason to have to get close to your opponent any more.

Instance re-spawns this seems to be a negative thing for halo Just for the rate at how slow the shields take to regenerate you killed someone they had to wait to get back your shield had a chance to regain. a can recall a few time where I seen the person I just killed with the lack of shields I had from my last fight with them.(but I guess that’s why a lot of the maps are so big so that don’t happen as often because it normally happens on the smaller maps)

How I feel about the Evolution of Online play in Halo

I started of playing Halo CE with friends at birthdays and such and having a lan party having a good time by the time of halo 2 Xbox Live is now out. But I could not get it til the end of Halo 2.

I still got to play Halo 2 for a few months on Live before halo 3 came out. Halo 2 was my most fun play on Live there was so much about that game that was fun. With the random glitch I found fun in them. I could not master them so I was kinda bad at the game but still the most fun I ever had was loading up Halo 2

The time of Halo 3 is when I think Halo peaked for MM there was so much right about how the game was played Bungie had added a few playlist for the people (Zombies use to just be a custom game hosted by players and an honor system to switch side when u died.)I help the communication of Bungie and the community was great.

The time of Halo Reach I feel is a let down of Halo MM the game was so focused around you playing as a ODST that that MM suffered from it with the lack of jumping and the health packs. It still played like Halo to me but I could not play it long I lost interest in it fast with no rank system so I just would play on forge and go play halo 3 MM.

I hear of Halo 4 and Instanly get happy to hear that its going to have your back to normaly with no health packs and you can jump again. I seen about the load outs and was like “Meh, but games change”. After playing it im like yes a new Halo game but the more I played it I seen how it was played. It looked like Halo but the overall feel to it was not a New halo game But it seemed like a New game overall with how the changes were made so I had to stop playing Halo 4 also.

How about the future Halo Games?

Overall disappointed in Halo 4 to point of I have no faith in Halo 5 being a good game that I have no plans to buy Halo 5. The Story of the game I can watch on youtube(I’m sure someone will post a game play video of it.)So im sure the Halo 5 campaign will good just not $60 good. With MM the reason I buy a game, I don’t see Halo 5 being a FPS I want to invest money in anymore with the feel of the game now. I don’t see Halo 5 being a top seller with how fast the population of Halo 4 drop from 400k to around 150k players online to more then half so I really that that says a lot.

I buy my games for replay value. In Halo 4 I see no reason to play the campaign again although it was good it has no feel to play it again. With match making how it set up to play like a different game is just not the kind of game I want to buy. I don’t like to say this but I honestly just feels like a watered down version of a Call of Duty game.

Also the Lack of a Red X over a dead team mate or any indication on the map sucks a bit for at least a call out stand point when you or a teammate dies.

I would like to know How the rest of the people feel as well…

totally agree my friend.

i have been playing halo since it first came out, i was very excited about halo 4, so much so that i had the game already paid for in jan 2012, i waited almost a year to be only very very disappointed and unhappy to the point i want my money back with interest. i hate the maps, i do not want to spend most of the time looking for a player on a map, i want to be slaying, i have to watch everywhere now because of all the things they can hide in and around on most of the maps. I only like Haven and Raganuck. i think our armor makes us look like the aliens ourselves,also i dont like the fact that you cant really tell the female from the male spartans. i hate your weapons, they really suck, i do not like spawning into a game that is already in play, screw that, i have just barely got on a game and than its over, so now i have wasted my time again and have to start over again waiting and waiting and waiting forever for your servers to find someone to play. i have never waited so long in any game as i have on halo 4. The biggest complaint i have though, is what you have done to Grifball, i was only good at grifball really and you have made it where it is not fun to play. i do not want to have to learn how to jumb and roll and throw and swing and also try to not only see where the damn bomb has gone to, but where your team mates are and the enemy team is all at the same time and i sure in the hell donot like the fact when the bomb is scored we all dont start back at point (A) together at the same time, no you have to where it just keeps going and you just keep respawning when you are killed from a corner of the room,now you have to first try to find where everyone and the bomb is all over again. your game sucks and i will not be buying your next halo game because i want to play halo not call of F… duty, thats another thing, its hard to see the names of the players the way you people have it looking like a bunch of cards from a poker deck. the only thing i do like about your game is the story line and the weekly episodes you can watch, notice i said watch,nothing about wanting to play the stupid remake of the old chapters that you just played last week. also i could care less about becoming a pioneer or an operator or what the hell ever etc… and while im at it, let me just say that i do not like what you did to the maps on halo reach, you just couldnt leave it alone could you, no you had to go and ruin everything Bungie worked hard to build, you took the map that the kids loved to play infected the most on and f… blocked off everything and turn them into ghosts and make the infected move so fast that on the cage they went right off the other side into the water. You took away action sack, i believe because you are lazy and didnt want to deal with it anymore because you had halo 4 now to play with and what a lousy job you did with it. You have not even updated how many people are really online playing it. it stills says the same number of players everyday. yeah you lost a customer her and i will never but any game you ever make, not even another halo unless you fix this one and make it the way we wanted it to be in the first place, you morons, you paid alot people big bucks to mess up your first time out, with the greatest game around. Now what are you going to do when we all go and play bungies new game that will be coming out in 2013, and we will lay our master chief to rest next to the only one he ever loved, cortana, forever! Also on mine you cannot access waypoint from the menu in the game, no i have to go to my games and be logged out to go to waypoint becuase it doesnt work in halo 4 game menu. Do sound mad? well i sure hope so, because mad doesnt really express what i really feel about paying 105.00 for a game that i cant stand to play and its barely been out a month, yeah i want my money back with interest.

us look like aliens ourself

im sorry i did forget another thing about your so called halo game. The MANTIS? Please what were you thinking? Starwars maybe! It overpowers all the other weapons, warthogs, ghosts, and spartans, to where it is really just a battle between it and you. What made you do that? Im not saying its not a good weapon, its just not Halo , i know you were trying to take it to a different level but i dont think your halo lovers want that much of a change all in one game, gradual change would be better, for all of us.

All 343 had to do was use the same engine as halo 3, with ranked and social with the same playlists, and just ensure that every couple of months,. You had to redo your 1-50, but allowing you to keep your highest skill level visible. Easy. Why they thought they had to mess the infectious up to reward lack of skill baffles me.

I really don’t know what the MM team was thinking when they made halo… like did they even play the other halos?

How could you forget halo wars?? Now that was the best matchmaking!!

> How could you forget halo wars?? Now that was the best matchmaking!!

umm that was not even a fps

Still great matchmaking

> Still great matchmaking

That was literally a different game with a halo title on it. and that’s y I didn’t add it in the poll…

> > Still great matchmaking
>
> That was literally a different game with a halo title on it. and that’s y I didn’t add it in the poll…

Nnnoooooo it’s still halo

> > > Still great matchmaking
> >
> > That was literally a different game with a halo title on it. and that’s y I didn’t add it in the poll…
>
> Nnnoooooo it’s still halo

u clearly r not getting my point here

Agreed. 343 added and changed too much.

Halo 3 was great in its day, but you people need to realize the game is 5 years old. Adapt, or play another game and stop clogging the forums with your antiquated opinions.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Halo 4 is fail of the year. The only thing worse was the recent school shooting. Those are 2 things that never should have happened.

> Halo 3 was great in its day, but you people need to realize the game is 5 years old. Adapt, or play another game and stop clogging the forums with your antiquated opinions.

Just so you know 343 had me so upset with this game I did got black ops 2 so yes I did get another game. Also my friends list was all people playing halo but you know it sad when they only play black ops now I Have not seen them come back to halo not once. Im speakin for me and what I see. The numbers of people playing this halo game are pathetically low for a the first few months of a halo game.

Im here to on this forums to be a voice to let 343i know that people are upset and I also gave my points on why that people would be like I am.

I didn’t like reach but it still played like halo so it was whatever a new game. Halo 4 is plays so little like a halo game and if you cant see that you have to be blind. If you like the game its fine but you have to admit to yourself and call it for what it is and not a halo game.

> Halo 3 was great in its day, but you people need to realize the game is 5 years old. Adapt, or play another game and stop clogging the forums with your antiquated opinions.

Sorry, but you need to realize that, as you said, halo 3 is FIVE years old and many of the features in that game surpass the features in this game i.e. watching theater with friends, file share system, a ranking system that much more accurately represented your current halo skill, a region filter and many more. And all these things worked perfectly well straight out of the box they did not require updates or patches.
So the only logical conclusion any half-wit can come to is, and this only relates to multiplayer, that halo 4 just doesn’t make the grade as a sequel.

> > Halo 3 was great in its day, but you people need to realize the game is 5 years old. Adapt, or play another game and stop clogging the forums with your antiquated opinions.
>
> Sorry, but you need to realize that, as you said, halo 3 is FIVE years old and many of the features in that game surpass the features in this game i.e. watching theater with friends, file share system, a ranking system that much more accurately represented your current halo skill, a region filter and many more. And all these things worked perfectly well straight out of the box they did not require updates or patches.
> So the only logical conclusion any half-wit can come to is, and this only relates to multiplayer, that halo 4 just doesn’t make the grade as a sequel.

This just shows that People are upset with how Halo 4 MM was handled and some people just are willing to play a game no mater what as long as it has the word Halo on it.