I'm not to fond of the DMR...

I have had mutiple problems with the DMR such as it being overpowered to “WHY IS THIS GUN EVEN IN THE GAME!?” But of course, these are my opinions that I’d like to share with you guys and see if you agree.

Earlier today, I had come across a game where at least 85% of the people were using DMRs, but I mainly use the BR. The problem had shadowed me that I was unable to get any kills whatsoever due to the whole team using the DMR and me left getting assist throughout half of the game. I HAD to switch over to the DMR to at least gain some kills, beforehand this is one of my problems that I have with this gun.

Now I’m not saying it should be removed game, it’s a good weapon to the people that use it, but for some players, it can be very stressful and from this thread I want to achieve the agreement of players. I’m only curious.

Halo Reach DMR has bloom

Players complain ask to have bloom removed

Halo 4 DMR has no bloom

Players complain the weapon is “overpowered”

DMR takes about 5 shots or so to take someone down
less in Big Team Matches or Free for All i.e. assist damage is more frequent

I have no problem with DMR it works as intended deadly at long range

There have been plenty of times I failed to get those 5 successful shots

I think at the end of the day it’s more about being “overused” then “overpowered”

> Halo Reach DMR has bloom
>
> Players complain ask to have bloom removed
>
> Halo 4 DMR has no bloom
>
> Players complain the weapon is “overpowered”
>
> DMR takes about 5 shots or so to take someone down
> less in Big Team Matches or Free for All i.e. assist damage is more frequent
>
> I have no problem with DMR it works as intended deadly at long range
>
> There have been plenty of times I failed to get those 5 successful shots
>
> I think at the end of the day it’s more about being “overused” then “overpowered”

Minimal bloom is NOT the contributing factor to this weapon being overpowered.

Sure, bloom was a game changer for the DMR, but you have to know this:

• The Halo 4 DMR has more aim assist range and bullet magnetism compared to Reach’s ZB DMR.

• Has a faster kill-time than Reach’s ZB DMR.

It’s been buffed an enormous amount since Reach.

Reach’s DMR would have been the better option if we were going for real balance. Instead, we have a weapon that is efficient at every range, and is MORE efficient than the other precision weapons at the ranges that they are meant to specialize in.

> > Halo Reach DMR has bloom
> >
> > Players complain ask to have bloom removed
> >
> > Halo 4 DMR has no bloom
> >
> > Players complain the weapon is “overpowered”
> >
> > DMR takes about 5 shots or so to take someone down
> > less in Big Team Matches or Free for All i.e. assist damage is more frequent
> >
> > I have no problem with DMR it works as intended deadly at long range
> >
> > There have been plenty of times I failed to get those 5 successful shots
> >
> > I think at the end of the day it’s more about being “overused” then “overpowered”
>
> Minimal bloom is NOT the contributing factor to this weapon being overpowered.
>
> Sure, bloom was a game changer for the DMR, but you have to know this:
>
> - The Halo 4 DMR has more aim assist range and bullet magnetism compared to Reach’s ZB DMR.
>
> - Has a faster kill-time than Reach’s ZB DMR.
>
> It’s been buffed an enormous amount since Reach.
>
> Reach’s DMR would have been the better option if we were going for real balance. Instead, we have a weapon that is efficient at every range, and is MORE efficient than the other precision weapons at the ranges that they are meant to specialize in.

This.

The Reach version of the DMR was way more balanced than the Halo 4 version, just because of bloom. Like that, people had to pace their shots so they can get the kill.

Now it has a GIGANTIC amount of Aim Assistance, has NO BLOOM whatsoever and has a 3x scope, A 3X SCOPE! That is, I think, the first scope of the sniper when aiming! Now it is normal to see everyone using this piece of overpowered -Yoink- and shooting across the map to get kills!

And I think the DMR should NOT EVEN EXIST IN HALO 4! The UNSC ditched the DMR for the BR after the fall of Reach! Why 343 bring it back, you say? Because they wanted to cater to Halo players that started on Reach, not the loyal fans that played Halo from the beginning!

It has to go or needs a MASSIVE nerf and the TU proves me that the DMR will remain in it’s current state for a very long time…

"I have no problem with DMR it works as intended deadly at long range

There have been plenty of times I failed to get those 5 successful shots

I think at the end of the day it’s more about being “overused” then “overpowered”".

1. It does not work as intended, unless it was intended to completely overshadow the BR and severely outclass the Carbine and Light Rifle. Deadly at long range? Hardly. Deadly at all ranges, unlike any other weapon.

2. That has nothing to do with the weapon. It’s very easy to make a 5SK with the DMR and if you can’t do it, well, perhaps you just need some practice.

3. It is overused for a reason, that reason being… that it’s overpowered!

I am not too fond of it either…