I'm not gonna get banned for this, am I?

Here’s the situation; I dropped into the Anniversary FFA playlist and got matched with these two guys Shadow and Omni (not their full gamertags, BTW). During the ensuing Infection game, I managed to get an achievement, and the guy Shadow asked if I wanted help getting more achievements. I saw no harm in letting him kill me aa few times for some gamerscore (or vice versa), so I stuck with him.

Three games later, I’ve unlocked one more achievement, and I realized something; there was an AFK in our party, “Omni” who I hadn’t really noticed until then. I mentioned it to Shadow, and the idiot said it was his brother’s account, which he’d been using for boosting. I told him he could get in trouble for that, and he just brushed it off becuase he hadn’t gotten in trouble yet.

I immediately backed out and blocked communications with that guy as soon as the game was over, but now I’m a little nervous; I’m not gonna get Credit Banned or Reset because of that idiot, am I? I know you can get banned for having AFK players in your party. I didn’t even notice the AFKer until the 4th game. I’ve been clean of any form of cheating, boosting, or AFKing since day one of Halo:Reach, and I really don’t want to have to pay the price just because I got matched with some random jerk.

You will probably receive a lifetime ban for boosting achievements.

> Here’s the situation; I dropped into the Anniversary FFA playlist and got matched with these two guys Shadow and Omni (not their full gamertags, BTW). During the ensuing Infection game, I managed to get an achievement, and the guy Shadow asked if I wanted help getting more achievements. I saw no harm in letting him kill me aa few times for some gamerscore (or vice versa), so I stuck with him.
>
> Three games later, I’ve unlocked one more achievement, and I realized something; there was an AFK in our party, “Omni” who I hadn’t really noticed until then. I mentioned it to Shadow, and the idiot said it was his brother’s account, which he’d been using for boosting. I told him he could get in trouble for that, and he just brushed it off becuase he hadn’t gotten in trouble yet.
>
> I immediately backed out and blocked communications with that guy as soon as the game was over, but now I’m a little nervous; I’m not gonna get Credit Banned or Reset because of that idiot, am I? I know you can get banned for having AFK players in your party. I didn’t even notice the AFKer until the 4th game. I’ve been clean of any form of cheating, boosting, or AFKing since day one of Halo:Reach, and I really don’t want to have to pay the price just because I got matched with some random jerk.

Your console will be permanently banned because you boosted achievements for a few games.

Wow, really guys? What’s with the oh so helpful responses? o.O

OP - worst case? If you’ve never been banned before, you might get hit with a temporary ban or something. I honestly wouldn’t sweat it too much.

> You will probably receive a lifetime ban for boosting achievements.

This post has been edited by a Moderator: Please do not attack or flame your fellow forum members.

> > You will probably receive a lifetime ban for boosting achievements.
>
> First of all, there is no “Lifetime Ban” for boosting. That is only issued for modding. Second, I wasn’t doing anything wrong; I was playing the game like normal, the most I did was let him stick me with a Plasma Grenade and Assassinate me. You can’t get banned for that sort of thing, unless you’re Full-Party Boosting with multiple AFK players, that which is very easy for the Banhammer to detect.
>
> Third, you’re obviously a troll who doesn’t even know the basic rules, and I’d rather recieve a reply from an intelligent being as opposed to an ape. Get lost.

Seriously have some common sense when it comes to this.

The reason (at least for me) that I put my post in was to basically show how absurd it is to get banned for boosting just a few games.

I remember Bungie giving people a week cR ban if they boosted about 15+ in one day.

Just trying to get a few achievements with someone won’t get you banned. (especially how idiotic these new achievements were implemented)

> Wow, really guys? What’s with the oh so helpful responses? o.O
>
> OP - worst case? If you’ve never been banned before, you might get hit with a temporary ban or something. I honestly wouldn’t sweat it too much.

Thanks for the help. Though I’d rather not even recieve a temporary ban, as that would be a bit unfair; I had no idea that he was AFKing. I think he only AFKed in the last game or two, because I remember him playing during the first two. That’s why I didn’t notice him.

> > Wow, really guys? What’s with the oh so helpful responses? o.O
> >
> > OP - worst case? If you’ve never been banned before, you might get hit with a temporary ban or something. I honestly wouldn’t sweat it too much.
>
> Thanks for the help. Though I’d rather not even recieve a temporary ban, as that would be a bit unfair; I had no idea that he was AFKing. I think he only AFKed in the last game or two, because I remember him playing during the first two. That’s why I didn’t notice him.

I wouldn’t stress about it too much, honestly. :slight_smile:

> > > You will probably receive a lifetime ban for boosting achievements.
> >
> > First of all, there is no “Lifetime Ban” for boosting. That is only issued for modding. Second, I wasn’t doing anything wrong; I was playing the game like normal, the most I did was let him stick me with a Plasma Grenade and Assassinate me. You can’t get banned for that sort of thing, unless you’re Full-Party Boosting with multiple AFK players, that which is very easy for the Banhammer to detect.
> >
> > Third, you’re obviously a troll who doesn’t even know the basic rules, and I’d rather recieve a reply from an intelligent being as opposed to an ape. Get lost.
>
> Seriously have some common sense when it comes to this.
>
> The reason (at least for me) that I put my post in was to basically show how absurd it is to get banned for boosting just a few games.
>
> I remember Bungie giving people a week cR ban if they boosted about 15+ in one day.
>
> Just trying to get a few achievements with someone won’t get you banned. (especially how idiotic these new achievements were implemented)

Honestly? I think people deserve to get banned and reset for AFK boosting on purpose; if you’ve got an AFK guest in your party, and you’re dragging him into Rumble Pit over and over again to boost free kills and commendations, then I’d say the ban is deserved. But I wasn’t even aware that there was an AFK in the party until I killed him once, and that idiot told me all smug-like that he was using him to boost and not getting caught.

> Here’s the situation; I dropped into the Anniversary FFA playlist and got matched with these two guys Shadow and Omni (not their full gamertags, BTW). During the ensuing Infection game, I managed to get an achievement, and the guy Shadow asked if I wanted help getting more achievements. I saw no harm in letting him kill me aa few times for some gamerscore (or vice versa), so I stuck with him.
>
> Three games later, I’ve unlocked one more achievement, and I realized something; there was an AFK in our party, “Omni” who I hadn’t really noticed until then. I mentioned it to Shadow, and the idiot said it was his brother’s account, which he’d been using for boosting. I told him he could get in trouble for that, and he just brushed it off becuase he hadn’t gotten in trouble yet.
>
> I immediately backed out and blocked communications with that guy as soon as the game was over, but now I’m a little nervous; I’m not gonna get Credit Banned or Reset because of that idiot, am I? I know you can get banned for having AFK players in your party. I didn’t even notice the AFKer until the 4th game. I’ve been clean of any form of cheating, boosting, or AFKing since day one of Halo:Reach, and I really don’t want to have to pay the price just because I got matched with some random jerk.

i’m not going to lie. i got credit banned once for trying to boost achievements, but i think you are fine. when i was banned, i recieved a message on my screen immediately. if you don’t get this message, you’re probably fine. these bans are dealt pretty quickly.

ya you’ll probably get a life time ban or reset. more than likely they’ll ban your ip from playing any microsoft games ever. my friend had a similar situation once and he got like 3 months house arrest issued by bungie. i dont know if 343 is as strict but dont be surprised if you get fined for each minute that you took away from another players fun.

> ya you’ll probably get a life time ban or reset. more than likely they’ll ban your ip from playing any microsoft games ever. my friend had a similar situation once and he got like 3 months house arrest issued by bungie. i dont know if 343 is as strict but dont be surprised if you get fined for each minute that you took away from another players fun.

This.

> > You will probably receive a lifetime ban for boosting achievements.
>
> First of all, there is no “Lifetime Ban” for boosting. That is only issued for modding. Second, I wasn’t doing anything wrong; I was playing the game like normal, the most I did was let him stick me with a Plasma Grenade and Assassinate me. You can’t get banned for that sort of thing, unless you’re Full-Party Boosting with multiple AFK players, that which is very easy for the Banhammer to detect.
>
> Third, you’re obviously a troll who doesn’t even know the basic rules, and I’d rather recieve a reply from an intelligent being as opposed to an ape. Get lost.

You’ve answered your own question. You’re fine. Go boost more cheevo’s.

That’s enough guys. Intentionally misleading is not welcome.