I'm not going back to Reach

First things first, there’s only a few things I like in Halo: Reach more than Halo 5: Armor, the UI, Ranks, and Theater. That’s it. That should be an indicator as to where this is going.

Over the past couple weeks I’ve been seeing lots of people saying that they’re going back to Reach because of ____________ (insert some form of complaint about Halo 5 here). And you know what, I’d say more power to you. If you find Reach more enjoyable than Halo 5, then by all means go and play it.

Me on the other hand, I will be staying with Halo 5. I told myself that I would never go back to the older Halos when Halo 5 came out and I fully stand by what I said even to this day. Halo 5 is absolutely amazing to me. It’s the most fun I’ve had in any Halo EVER! Now, before you start bashing me, let me just say that I have played 7,126 games in Halo: Reach! I played so much that I could have been an Inheritor TWICE! I loved Halo: Reach. I couldn’t get enough of it and I honestly never thought Halo multiplayer could get any better. So yeah, I know what I am talking about when it comes to Halo: Reach.

So, why do I have more fun in Halo 5 than Reach? Well, for starters Halo 5 doesn’t have the atrocities called bloom and armor lock. As much as I loved Reach, those two things were the most annoying things I have ever experienced in any Halo ever. Yeah, I got used to them, but it was a long process to even cope with those things. I also feel that Halo 5 is far more competitive than Halo: Reach. I have had many more close games in Halo 5 than Halo: Reach and because of that winning feels so much more rewarding. Another big reason I like Halo 5 more than Reach is Warzone. I honestly don’t know why so many people seem to hate Warzone. I love being able to use all the different variantions of weapons and vehicles. The Banshee Ultra, Ghost Ultra, ONI Warthog, Whiplash, and Blaze of Glory, are just a few of my favorites and I can’t wait to unlock Legendary and Mythic items like the Prophets Bane, Nornfang, and Phaeton when I am done with my silver packs. There are more assassinations, stances, emblems, helmets, armor sets, visors, weapons, vehicles, etc in Halo 5 than Halo: Reach and I think that gives Halo: 5 far more replayability because there is so much to unlock! I just want to get it all and feel like an unstoppable force! Halo 5 also has fair starts in every playlist and nobody has more of an advantage over another unlike Halo Reach’s loadout system. Speaking of abilities, I can’t live without any of the new abilities anymore. I have been able to use Spartan Charge, Ground Pound, Clambering, and Thrusters to my advantage. I love those abilites so much and and I would not be happy without them in Halo: Reach. Lastly, Halo 5 has amazing dedicated servers. I remember that sometimes I would lag so bad in Reach that I couldn’t even move. I have yet to experience tremendous lag in Halo 5.

Don’t get me wrong guys, I love Halo: Reach! It is my second favorite Halo multiplayer of all time. But honestly, I don’t think Halo: Reach can even hold a candle to Halo 5 and Halo 5 hasn’t even received more content yet! If you are going back to Halo: Reach, all I can say is have fun! In the meantime, I’ll keep playing Halo 5 until Halo 6 gets here.

Me neither, I’ve done everything there is to do on Reach. Love Reach, but not going back.

the game play is different in halo 5 from the rest

the pace is a lot faster so its a different play style/adaptation between Reach and 5

and dont get me started on the aiming…

Reach was dog -Yoink-…why the hell would you go back to that? Lol. The only thing that was good in reach was the music…by far the best soundtrack to any game…but I play games to ummm play not listen to the menu music…

TL;DR:

> 2533274850519091;1:
> Don’t get me wrong guys, I love Halo: Reach! It is my second favorite Halo multiplayer of all time. But honestly, I don’t think Halo: Reach can even hold a candle to Halo 5 and Halo 5 hasn’t even received more content yet! If you are going back to Halo: Reach, all I can say is have fun! In the meantime, I’ll keep playing Halo 5 until Halo 6 gets here.

Nice to know. I for one will play both… not sure why you couldn’t just do that. Is there some sort of rule that you can only play one?

> 2533274890314548;2:
> Me neither, I’ve done everything there is to do on Reach. Love Reach, but not going back.

But now you get to do all of it over again!

> 2604983891615163;4:
> Reach was dog -Yoink-…why the hell would you go back to that? Lol. The only thing that was good in reach was the music…by far the best soundtrack to any game…but I play games to ummm play not listen to the menu music…

“Your opinion”

> 2533274837720524;6:
> Nice to know. I for one will play both… not sure why you couldn’t just do that. Is there some sort of rule that you can only play one?

Because Halo 5 is so much different than Reach in terms of gameplay. If I went back to Reach, I’d have to learn that all over again and then I’d have to learn Halo 5 all over again when I came back. Plus, I am having much more fun in Halo 5 than Reach so that’s another reason.

> 2604983891615163;4:
> Reach was dog -Yoink-…why the hell would you go back to that? Lol. The only thing that was good in reach was the music…by far the best soundtrack to any game…but I play games to ummm play not listen to the menu music…

I didn’t know people liked Reach until I joined this forum. But I guess I’m one of three people that like this game. Sure it’s lacking lots of content and has lots of gameplay issues and bugs, but I bought it for arena and don’t regret the purchase at all lol. I wasn’t playing anything better before this and don’t foresee anything better coming…online gaming peaked in like 2008 lol.

> 2604983891615163;4:

I wouldn’t say Reach was bad. I’ve loved every Halo to date, I just happen to love some Halos more than others.

Dude everyone was saying the same thing over on the gears forum. How they were going to drop gears of war ue for gears of war 3 and I’ve been on it during what should be peak hours 8pm pacific time and see the same 3500 people online. These people just like to be heard.

I I for one couldn’t stomach how sluggish gears of war 3 feels compared to gears of war ue.

I feel most people will feel the same going back to reach.P

I can occasionally go back and play halo 3 just my personal favorite of the series I think it has as a package the best maps in the series. Played last night actually.

My only gripe with halo 5 is the grenade radius and Spartan charge. Otherwise it’s awesome.

Dude everyone was saying the same thing over on the gears forum. How they were going to drop gears of war ue for gears of war 3 and I’ve been on it during what should be peak hours 8pm pacific time and see the same 3500 people online. These people just like to be heard.

I I for one couldn’t stomach how sluggish gears of war 3 feels compared to gears of war ue.

I feel most people will feel the same going back to reach.P

I can occasionally go back and play halo 3 just my personal favorite of the series I think it has as a package the best maps in the series. Played last night actually.

My only gripe with halo 5 is the grenade radius and Spartan charge. Otherwise it’s awesome.

I’ll be playing a good amount of both.

It’s gonna be nice having every halo game on my xb1 hard drive.

Reach is all fun and games until you run into someone with armor lock.

Nice to see a fellow lover of Halo 5! I just don’t see why so many people dislike it. It’s so great! I agree some changes should occur, but that doesn’t take away from the game being awesome.

Reach was certainly a good game, but it’s gameplay doesn’t hold up compared to the smooth 60fps fluidity of Halo 5. Will definitely play through the campaign, but don’t see a reason to play the multiplayer. Once you go 60fps, its hard to go back. That’s why I don’t blame 343 for not implementing splitscreen.

Halo 5 FTW IMO. I have alot of fun compared to previous halos.

> 2533274890314548;2:
> Me neither, I’ve done everything there is to do on Reach. Love Reach, but not going back.

But… But…

You never got to “Inheritor”.

==EDIT
Im going back for a bit, JUST to reach “Inheritor”.

The only reason I’d go play Reach again is to play Firefight and to play with friends who had Reach and will play it with backwards compatibility.