I'm Not Enjoying the Outline System

I would really love to see an option to turn off outlines and switch back to Red vs Blue. It’s ruining some of the fun for me of what is otherwise a really fun game. I feel the same way about hit markers and the kill notification sound effect, they’re all pulling away from the gameplay experience. I know there’s plenty of people on YouTube who feel the same way about this. Please, 343, allow us the option to turn off outlines and switch to Red vs Blue, and an option to switch off hit markers. Thank you, the game looks awesome so far

Update: I learned that there are actually options to turn off hit markers and kill notification sound effects! Thank you 343!

I don’t mind it, but it did result in me missing a couple of enemies when playing PvP because I thought they were my teammates.

> 2533274814826521;2:
> I don’t mind it, but it did result in me missing a couple of enemies when playing PvP because I thought they were my teammates.

Probably something we’ll train ourselves to better notice though. There’s bigger fish to fry like the new radar system,

A toggle would be nice. Just an option that lets you switch team tracking between outlines, and team based coatings. They could even have those team coatings use the colors you chose as ally and enemy armors.

I’d also like to see them tie less other visual features to the team colors you picked. Like your reticle and the shields. As it stands now, your reticle will actually turn the same color as the team you’re aiming at, if you set the enemy to green, you get a green reticle when you’re aiming at them and it just causes extra confusion. Shields do the same which doesn’t bother me as much, but it reduces visual feedback when your reticle, their outline, AND their shield flares are all the same color. I kind of just want yellow or white shields to be the norm.

> 2533274810177460;4:
> A toggle would be nice. Just an option that lets you switch team tracking between outlines, and team based coatings. They could even have those team coatings use the colors you chose as ally and enemy armors.
>
> I’d also like to see them tie less other visual features to the team colors you picked. Like your reticle and the shields. As it stands now, your reticle will actually turn the same color as the team you’re aiming at, if you set the enemy to green, you get a green reticle when you’re aiming at them and it just causes extra confusion. Shields do the same which doesn’t bother me as much, but it reduces visual feedback when your reticle, their outline, AND their shield flares are all the same color. I kind of just want yellow or white shields to be the norm.

I like yellow shields as well. Classic

> 2533274814826521;3:
> > 2533274814826521;2:
> >
>
> Probably something we’ll train ourselves to better notice though. There’s bigger fish to fry like the new radar system,

I agree, got caught slipping a couple of times but not enough to be a concern. I’m sure I’ve done the same with Red Vs Blue as well at times.

I’m okay with the radar system, but I do play a lot of the non radar gametypes anyway. I think it will be something people will get used to and like over time. Camo is basically a joke with normal radar and now it’s active for less time, it would be utterly pointless.

> 2533274814826521;3:
> > 2533274814826521;2:
> > I don’t mind it, but it did result in me missing a couple of enemies when playing PvP because I thought they were my teammates.
>
> Probably something we’ll train ourselves to better notice though. There’s bigger fish to fry like the new radar system,

What’s going on with the new radar system?

I’m really hoping the new radar system is supposed to be a “competitive radar” that’s intended to replace no-radar for ranked gametypes, and a regular radar is used instead for social games.

> 2533274810177460;8:
> I’m really hoping the new radar system is supposed to be a “competitive radar” that’s intended to replace no-radar for ranked gametypes, and a regular radar is used instead for social games.

Competitive maybe, HCS will definitely use no radar and social may have the Halo 1-3 style radar. I’m okay with this new radar in social tbh.

I’d rather it be callsigns for your allies than the outlines.

> 2533274801036271;6:
> > 2533274814826521;3:
> > > 2533274814826521;2:
> > >
> >
> > Probably something we’ll train ourselves to better notice though. There’s bigger fish to fry like the new radar system,
>
> I agree, got caught slipping a couple of times but not enough to be a concern. I’m sure I’ve done the same with Red Vs Blue as well at times.
>
> I’m okay with the radar system, but I do play a lot of the non radar gametypes anyway. I think it will be something people will get used to and like over time. Camo is basically a joke with normal radar and now it’s active for less time, it would be utterly pointless.

I wouldn’t be opposed to camo keeping you off radar at normal walking speed, but your average Spartan should appear, especially if you’re only doing a 20m radar.

Halos about gaining a strong position and holding it down. Without radar I make myself completely vulnerable to my backside where as in past games I’d throw a grenade at the wall bounce it and one shot a stealthy enemy coming up from behind.

Also with the new radar crouching becomes absolutely pointless. In the past there was risk/reward. You’d risk your mobility by couching to gain the reward of staying off enemy radar.

> 2533274801036271;9:
> > 2533274810177460;8:
> > I’m really hoping the new radar system is supposed to be a “competitive radar” that’s intended to replace no-radar for ranked gametypes, and a regular radar is used instead for social games.
>
> Competitive maybe, HCS will definitely use no radar and social may have the Halo 1-3 style radar. I’m okay with this new radar in social tbh.

Definitely? I am pretty sure that this radar is intended for use in competitive play

> 2533274817438690;7:
> > 2533274814826521;3:
> > > 2533274814826521;2:
> > > I don’t mind it, but it did result in me missing a couple of enemies when playing PvP because I thought they were my teammates.
> >
> > Probably something we’ll train ourselves to better notice though. There’s bigger fish to fry like the new radar system,
>
> What’s going on with the new radar system?

The fact that you can’t pick up enemies on it unless they are sprinting or shooting their gun.

jumping keeps your off the radar. Walking at top speed keeps you off the radar.

it’s way to easy for enemies to stealthily walk around the map and kill people. In the past being stealthy had a risk/reward mindset.
id have to crouch losing my mobility to remain stealthy. In return I’d stay off enemy radar. Now it’s just don’t sprint (which is 5% faster than base speed) and you’re fine

> 2535464188613195;12:
> > 2533274801036271;9:
> > > 2533274810177460;8:
> > >
>
> Definitely? I am pretty sure that this radar is intended for use in competitive play

HCS as on the Halo Championship Series.

Radar kinda leads to a boring stalemate at a certain level sometimes. I think this current radar is ideal for competitive for that reason. Having two separate radars for the two modes my confuse newer players.

However they are making grenade hitmarkers different across the modes so who knows.

I think it’s nice as an option especially since it let’s people show off customization but I’m in the same boat. So far I prefer red vs blue.

> 2533275031939856;15:
> I think it’s nice as an option especially since it let’s people show off customization but I’m in the same boat. So far I prefer red vs blue.

Yeah, if some people like it, that’s cool, but I really don’t and a lot of people don’t. It’s just no fun shooting outlines

> 2533274817438690;1:
> I would really love to see an option to turn off outlines and switch back to Red vs Blue. It’s ruining the fun for me of what is otherwise a really fun game. I feel the same way about hit markers and the kill notification sound effect, they’re all pulling away from the gameplay experience. I know there’s plenty of people on YouTube who feel the same way about this. Please, 343, allow us the option to turn off outlines and switch to Red vs Blue, and an option to switch off hit markers. Thank you, the game looks awesome so far

An option to switch to red v blue would be awesome but I don’t see that happening, unfortunately they need a excuse to sell the cosmetics to as many people as they can, but a better solution for the outlines would be no outlines for enemies only for allies, that way they don’t hurt the visual of the game that much

They wanted no RvB so people could show off their colors; however, with the outlines I couldn’t see them anyways.

> 2533274814826521;2:
> I don’t mind it, but it did result in me missing a couple of enemies when playing PvP because I thought they were my teammates.

I think a lot of the problems come from the fact that the default friendly color is blue and every bot was… blue. Awful -Yoinking!- decision on their part…
When everyone is running around in different colors and all of your enemies aren’t blue it will probably be easier to identify.

> 2535411347511088;19:
> > 2533274814826521;2:
> > I don’t mind it, but it did result in me missing a couple of enemies when playing PvP because I thought they were my teammates.
>
> I think a lot of the problems come from the fact that the default friendly color is blue and every bot was… blue. Awful -Yoinking!- decision on their part…
> When everyone is running around in different colors and all of your enemies aren’t blue it will probably be easier to identify.

Ya know, I’ve got a crazy idea. Why don’t we just have our teammates outlined in blue and enemies with no outline at all? Edit: I didn’t see Cleiton Roberto’s comment! I just thought of the same thing. I like this idea!