I'm not buying your damn REQ packs!!

Edit. This was origionally a long winded conspiracy theory about 343 limiting content to sell req packs. Look at replies below for details I you wish.

Something more interesting came up in discussions that I want to talk about. (Sorry I have ADD)

Team doubles isn’t in the permanent playlist. This upsets me. IMO population is not a valid reason as I would gladly wait for matchmaking in doubles.

Heres my question for the community:

Would you like to see doubles and snipers added as permanent staples if it meant longer matchmaking times?

I definitely would

I don’t think you not buying REQ packs has anything to do with team double, dude.

> 2560081931056311;2:
> I don’t think you not buying REQ packs has anything to do with team double, dude.

Tell me one reason to intentionally limit content.

The only other argument is population. I will gladly wait extra time to match in team double.

It will also cause people to leave Halo altogether.

When doubles was missing from previous Halos, I played Halo a lot less.

Nowadays, I’d just play another game if my playlist was taken out… but in Halo 5’s case, the gameplay itself was taken out, so I’ve moved on.

Fiesta should not be a permanent playlist your argument was lost when you said that. Now Snipers and Doubles those should be perm.

> 2535473635314008;3:
> > 2560081931056311;2:
> > I don’t think you not buying REQ packs has anything to do with team double, dude.
>
>
> Tell me one reason to intentionally limit content.
>
> The only other argument is population. I will gladly wait extra time to match in team double.

So lets say that you’re right and that’s the only reason you don’t have team doubles.
Why would you make a post on the company’s website telling them that you’re not going to do what you think they want you to do? This post is just…pointless.

This post is the definition of a logical fallacy

> 2560081931056311;6:
> > 2535473635314008;3:
> > > 2560081931056311;2:
> > > I don’t think you not buying REQ packs has anything to do with team double, dude.
> >
> >
> > Tell me one reason to intentionally limit content.
> >
> > The only other argument is population. I will gladly wait extra time to match in team double.
>
>
> So lets say that you’re right and that’s the only reason you don’t have team doubles.
> Why would you make a post on the company’s website telling them that you’re not going to do what you think they want you to do? This post is just…pointless.

Why don’t you make it insightful then. Please clear it up for me. Why isn’t team doubles a permanent playlist?

This is an interesting conspiracy theory…That’s all this OP is…

Here is a better more positive theory

Perhaps 343 limits the playlist count due to player populations not being what they were in past games…

If they want everyone to be able to find games in all playlists with the limited population they have to rotate out Snipers, Doubles, Fiesta and possibly Infection in the future…

See? Much better theory as it has 343 caring about connection and player count management instead of adding too many choices that it impacts performance TMCC style

Especially when it’s more than crystal clear the community wants doubles permanent.

> 2535473635314008;8:
> > 2560081931056311;6:
> > > 2535473635314008;3:
> > > > 2560081931056311;2:
> > > > I don’t think you not buying REQ packs has anything to do with team double, dude.
> > >
> > >
> > > Tell me one reason to intentionally limit content.
> > >
> > > The only other argument is population. I will gladly wait extra time to match in team double.
> >
> >
> > So lets say that you’re right and that’s the only reason you don’t have team doubles.
> > Why would you make a post on the company’s website telling them that you’re not going to do what you think they want you to do? This post is just…pointless.
>
>
> Why don’t you make it insightful then. Please clear it up for me. Why isn’t team doubles a permanent playlist?

I didn’t tell you I had an answer for you, that would be hypocritical. My point is that we don’t and probably won’t ever know why they chose to do Arena the way they did. I personally like the rotating playlists, but I also don’t really complain about much ever and am easily pleased I guess.

Maybe it is an issue of population like you said. You may be willing to wait longer to match with players, but I don’t think many other people would. So there’s one theory.

> 2535439780801708;9:
> This is an interesting conspiracy theory…That’s all this OP is…
>
> Here is a better more positive theory
>
> Perhaps 343 limits the playlist count due to player populations not being what they were in past games…
>
> If they want everyone to be able to find games in all playlists with the limited population they have to rotate out Snipers, Doubles, Fiesta and possibly Infection in the future…
>
> See? Much better theory as it has 343 caring about connection and player count management instead of adding too many choices that it impacts performance TMCC style

Would they ever rotate warzone and warzone assault to keep the population numbers in check with gamemodes?

> 2535473635314008;12:
> > 2535439780801708;9:
> > This is an interesting conspiracy theory…That’s all this OP is…
> >
> > Here is a better more positive theory
> >
> > Perhaps 343 limits the playlist count due to player populations not being what they were in past games…
> >
> > If they want everyone to be able to find games in all playlists with the limited population they have to rotate out Snipers, Doubles, Fiesta and possibly Infection in the future…
> >
> > See? Much better theory as it has 343 caring about connection and player count management instead of adding too many choices that it impacts performance TMCC style
>
>
> Would they ever rotate warzone and warzone assault to keep the population numbers in check with gamemodes?

That’s only two gamemodes though, and ones that aren’t “specialty” modes (I don’t know what else to call them). Why in the world would they rotate them?

Perhaps they should remove slayer.

> 2560081931056311;11:
> > 2535473635314008;8:
> > > 2560081931056311;6:
> > > > 2535473635314008;3:
> > > > > 2560081931056311;2:
> > > > > I don’t think you not buying REQ packs has anything to do with team double, dude.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Tell me one reason to intentionally limit content.
> > > >
> > > > The only other argument is population. I will gladly wait extra time to match in team double.
> > >
> > >
> > > So lets say that you’re right and that’s the only reason you don’t have team doubles.
> > > Why would you make a post on the company’s website telling them that you’re not going to do what you think they want you to do? This post is just…pointless.
> >
> >
> > Why don’t you make it insightful then. Please clear it up for me. Why isn’t team doubles a permanent playlist?
>
>
> I didn’t tell you I had an answer for you, that would be hypocritical. My point is that we don’t and probably won’t ever know why they chose to do Arena the way they did. I personally like the rotating playlists, but I also don’t really complain about much ever and am easily pleased I guess.
>
> Maybe it is an issue of population like you said. You may be willing to wait longer to match with players, but I don’t think many other people would. So there’s one theory.

I’m really salty about doubles. I Fiesta is just icing on the cake.

I guess there’s always customs :).

> 2560081931056311;13:
> > 2535473635314008;12:
> > > 2535439780801708;9:
> > > This is an interesting conspiracy theory…That’s all this OP is…
> > >
> > > Here is a better more positive theory
> > >
> > > Perhaps 343 limits the playlist count due to player populations not being what they were in past games…
> > >
> > > If they want everyone to be able to find games in all playlists with the limited population they have to rotate out Snipers, Doubles, Fiesta and possibly Infection in the future…
> > >
> > > See? Much better theory as it has 343 caring about connection and player count management instead of adding too many choices that it impacts performance TMCC style
> >
> >
> > Would they ever rotate warzone and warzone assault to keep the population numbers in check with gamemodes?
>
>
> That’s only two gamemodes though, and ones that aren’t “specialty” modes (I don’t know what else to call them). Why in the world would they rotate them?

They wouldn’t. And absolutely shouldn’t. Just like they shouldn’t rotate doubles.

> 2535473635314008;16:
> > 2560081931056311;13:
> > > 2535473635314008;12:
> > > > 2535439780801708;9:
> > > > This is an interesting conspiracy theory…That’s all this OP is…
> > > >
> > > > Here is a better more positive theory
> > > >
> > > > Perhaps 343 limits the playlist count due to player populations not being what they were in past games…
> > > >
> > > > If they want everyone to be able to find games in all playlists with the limited population they have to rotate out Snipers, Doubles, Fiesta and possibly Infection in the future…
> > > >
> > > > See? Much better theory as it has 343 caring about connection and player count management instead of adding too many choices that it impacts performance TMCC style
> > >
> > >
> > > Would they ever rotate warzone and warzone assault to keep the population numbers in check with gamemodes?
> >
> >
> > That’s only two gamemodes though, and ones that aren’t “specialty” modes (I don’t know what else to call them). Why in the world would they rotate them?
>
>
> They wouldn’t. And absolutely shouldn’t. Just like they shouldn’t rotate doubles.

Warzone and Warzone Assault are unique modes…

Doubles is a mix of other modes in existing playlists but a player count limited to 4…

Its literally a side slayer mode that doesn’t deserve a permanent spot just like snipers and fiesta

> 2535473635314008;3:
> > 2560081931056311;2:
> > I don’t think you not buying REQ packs has anything to do with team double, dude.
>
>
> Tell me one reason to intentionally limit content.
>
> The only other argument is population. I will gladly wait extra time to match in team double.

REQ packs do not correlate with the playlist rotation, and yeah population, the fact that you wouldn’t mind staring at a searching for game screen for a long time doesn’t mean that everyone wants to do the same.

> 2535473635314008;15:
> > 2560081931056311;11:
> > > 2535473635314008;8:
> > > > 2560081931056311;6:
> > > > > 2535473635314008;3:
> > > > > > 2560081931056311;2:
> > > > > > I don’t think you not buying REQ packs has anything to do with team double, dude.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Tell me one reason to intentionally limit content.
> > > > >
> > > > > The only other argument is population. I will gladly wait extra time to match in team double.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > So lets say that you’re right and that’s the only reason you don’t have team doubles.
> > > > Why would you make a post on the company’s website telling them that you’re not going to do what you think they want you to do? This post is just…pointless.
> > >
> > >
> > > Why don’t you make it insightful then. Please clear it up for me. Why isn’t team doubles a permanent playlist?
> >
> >
> > I didn’t tell you I had an answer for you, that would be hypocritical. My point is that we don’t and probably won’t ever know why they chose to do Arena the way they did. I personally like the rotating playlists, but I also don’t really complain about much ever and am easily pleased I guess.
> >
> > Maybe it is an issue of population like you said. You may be willing to wait longer to match with players, but I don’t think many other people would. So there’s one theory.
>
>
> I’m really salty about doubles. I Fiesta is just icing on the cake.
>
> I guess there’s always customs :).

There ya go! way to be positive
Protip: don’t get your salt on that cake, it’ll be nasty.

> 2535473635314008;16:
> > 2560081931056311;13:
> > > 2535473635314008;12:
> > > > 2535439780801708;9:
> > > > This is an interesting conspiracy theory…That’s all this OP is…
> > > >
> > > > Here is a better more positive theory
> > > >
> > > > Perhaps 343 limits the playlist count due to player populations not being what they were in past games…
> > > >
> > > > If they want everyone to be able to find games in all playlists with the limited population they have to rotate out Snipers, Doubles, Fiesta and possibly Infection in the future…
> > > >
> > > > See? Much better theory as it has 343 caring about connection and player count management instead of adding too many choices that it impacts performance TMCC style
> > >
> > >
> > > Would they ever rotate warzone and warzone assault to keep the population numbers in check with gamemodes?
> >
> >
> > That’s only two gamemodes though, and ones that aren’t “specialty” modes (I don’t know what else to call them). Why in the world would they rotate them?
>
>
> They wouldn’t. And absolutely shouldn’t. Just like they shouldn’t rotate doubles.

I don’t really think you can compare the two so directly. There are a ton of playlists in Arena for people to play, but only those two in Warzone. I think that’s a reason that they rotate them.