I'm not buying dlc...

unless 343 adds playlist restrictions like in halo 3. i bought all the reach dlc and 1600 points down the drain because bungie didn’t encourage their fans by blocking playlists. currently it’s even worst because squad dlc playlist has been removed! i wasn’t going to buy the anniversary map pack alone so i got cea just in case.

I agree with the playlist thing in Halo 3, but its different now for Halo 4 as everyone is going to buy/get the war games pass (included in the LE which i’m getting) since it is cheaper than buying the map packs separately so you will probably see the DLC maps more often than reach (I didn’t buy reach dlc).

Okay, then don’t buy them. I’m going to assume then you are not also getting the Limited Edition. Anyhow, why make this thread? Why be so threatening about that? You know next to nothing about DLC plans. The game isn’t even out. Where’s your patience to take the game and enjoy what you’re all ready getting?

What does the next big thing matter? Enjoy the damn game and what you have to start with. Complain about DLC when it’s released in December. Because, right now, you sound like an inept child. Be fair, man. Game isn’t even out yet.

True, true. I was going to rage upon your soul, but you made a good point and I agree. I got the first map pack in reach, but never played on it so I didn’t buy the second (even though it looked so pretty). Because they had an anniversary playlist, I bought that map pack and got to say that it was worth it overall, but I wished that playlist sported all the maps.

I know it received controversy, but go back to the way Halo 3 did it.

> i bought all the reach dlc and 1600 points down the drain because bungie didn’t encourage their fans by blocking playlists.

Atleast Bungie had the decency to have several DLC playlists, unlike a certain other developer that has taken over…

Im prettysure they said something about the chances of being paired with people who have dlc will be greater and not just because more people will have the dlc.

Downside, longer wait times.

> Okay, then don’t buy them. I’m going to assume then you are not also getting the Limited Edition. Anyhow, why make this thread? Why be so threatening about that? You know next to nothing about DLC plans. The game isn’t even out. Where’s your patience to take the game and enjoy what you’re all ready getting?
>
> What does the next big thing matter? Enjoy the damn game and what you have to start with. Complain about DLC when it’s released in December. Because, right now, you sound like an inept child. Be fair, man. Game isn’t even out yet.

Wow, someone has their -Yoink!- in a bunch.

The OP has a valid complaint.

> Okay, then don’t buy them. I’m going to assume then you are not also getting the Limited Edition. Anyhow, why make this thread? Why be so threatening about that? You know next to nothing about DLC plans. The game isn’t even out. Where’s your patience to take the game and enjoy what you’re all ready getting?
>
> What does the next big thing matter? Enjoy the damn game and what you have to start with. Complain about DLC when it’s released in December. Because, right now, you sound like an inept child. Be fair, man. Game isn’t even out yet.

lol did your goldfish pass away recently? I’m sorry to hear that but anyways i’m just saying. 343 removed squad dlc from reach as well as btb anniversary, why throw out dlc when they are hardly accessible? why shouldn’t i assume that they will do a thing like this in h4?

I got rid of reach because you couldn’t hardly play anything without all the dlc and I wasn’t going to buy dlc to be able to play mp to it’s fullest.

> > Okay, then don’t buy them. I’m going to assume then you are not also getting the Limited Edition. Anyhow, why make this thread? Why be so threatening about that? You know next to nothing about DLC plans. The game isn’t even out. Where’s your patience to take the game and enjoy what you’re all ready getting?
> >
> > What does the next big thing matter? Enjoy the damn game and what you have to start with. Complain about DLC when it’s released in December. Because, right now, you sound like an inept child. Be fair, man. Game isn’t even out yet.
>
> lol did your goldfish pass away recently? I’m sorry to hear that but anyways i’m just saying. 343 removed squad dlc from reach as well as btb anniversary, why throw out dlc when they are hardly accessible? why shouldn’t i assume that they will do a thing like this in h4?

The DLC playlists were underplayed, and Reach was not their game, and not their focus.

Of course you should expect something different, something more though out from 343i for their first true game, first of their trilogy, return of Halo.

I agree. Playlists should be DLC locked, this way we can actually play most of the DLC.

If i pay for the DLC i would like to play on the maps i paid for…

How do you know what you are going to do before the game is even released and you have no idea what is going to happen? Kinda a pointless thread at this point.

> I agree with the playlist thing in Halo 3, but its different now for Halo 4 as everyone is going to buy/get the war games pass (included in the LE which i’m getting) since it is cheaper than buying the map packs separately so you will probably see the DLC maps more often than reach (I didn’t buy reach dlc).

How is it cheaper in LE. The full price of the standalone pass is included in LE. It’s essentially the same price you’re paying for disregarding everything else you have to pay for in LE.

Really it’s not cheaper, you’re just talking about a whole other subject that isn’t just dlc.

Anyways, I can see where op is coming from. With each day passing, I get even bothered by the fact that I rarely see any of map packs, that I paid for. I really liked Squad DLC; I played it a lot, and it very much enjoyable to me than most of the other playlists. Despite what they say about the low population, I still think it should’ve stayed. I really miss some the dlc maps.

There were other playlists that are still up, that are just as lowly populated as the squad dlc playlist. Why weren’t those removed? Also, why do they care about Reach playlist so much when they know they are so focused on Halo 4. Reach is practically dead; you might as well go out leaving in a worthwhile playlist like Squad DLC. Oh, but that had to be taken away, along with a chilled playlist like Action Sack (though it isn’t that fun in Reach…).

> How do you know what you are going to do before the game is even released?

if 343 adds restriction to certain playlist= my $$$

if 343 don’t encourage players to buy map-packs= nope

TheronGear,

It is your decision whether or not to buy DLC. If any of you care that much about playing your maps, then you can play them in customs. I find it hard to believe others haven’t loaded up a slayer or objective match with friends in a custom game before…

i definitely agree. my favorite playlist in reach was premium battle…and we saw how long that lasted >_>

I think its a solid deal.

I’ll probably buy it in December when the first Map Pack releases.

Sure, Reach’s DLC was a bust. I wasted money on them too. But I think DLC in Halo 4 will be a lot more involved with the majority of H4 players. You have to compare how Reach’s dlc was handled to how Halo 4’s dlc will be handled. Think about how much they are promoting it. You can now buy a season pass (very popular now) which gives you a discount on all the dlc, and you just download it as soon as it’s released. Not only that, but everyone who preordered LE (which is a lot) gets a season pass included with their game. All that aside, Halo 4 is probably going to be a very popular game with a MUCH longer life span than Reach, so we should expect to see more players with more dlc even far off after the game’s launch. Trust me, don’t worry about Halo 4’s dlc being rare in MM.