I'm Not Buying Any DLC

I’m sorry, but if a DLC does come out in December/January, I am not going to buy it. The current state of Halo 4 is embarrassing and unless there are real fixes to most of the complaints we have been posting then I am not spending another cent.

I paid my $60 expecting a great campaign, story, MP, forge, custom games, and was optimistic about Spartan Ops. To me, I feel as if I only got half of what I paid for. Don’t get me wrong, I am loving this game, but the flaws outweigh the pros by miles, especially when it’s in the replay-ability side of the game.

Anybody else feel this way? Why should I pay for more maps when they should have been in the game since day 1? This game only shipped with 10 maps and sure Reach shipped with almost the same amount, but Forge and fileshare WORKED and we were able to have MORE maps in the first week FOR FREE.

I will feel insulted if they release a map pack and not have fixed the major flaws in this game.

And if anyone wants to know which flaws I am talking about then here, I’ll list them:

-Connection
-Real Feedback from 343
-Missing Gametypes(Race!?)
-Classic Playlists(FFA, Assault)
-Menu Problems(Menus switching uncontrollably between other options)
-Lack of Audio options(No master or music “off” feature?)

Some might argue that we need a “true skill rank”, in my eyes that’s not a major issue, but sitting here reading complaint after complaint and not ONE 343 member actually creating a Sticky thread or even UPDATING the “ISSUES BEING INVESTIGATED” thread shows to me that they aren’t interested in talking to the community. A company that has around 300 employees and not a handful of them can come onto these forums and actually TALK to us?!

Agreed but it seems 343 are more into making the game look better then actually fix it. Example I would say is they are adding more content into the game without thought into the current state of the game itself.

> -Missing Gametypes(Race!?)

And here we find out that the thread poster joined the Halo series late into Halo 3/during Reach.

> > -Missing Gametypes(Race!?)
>
> And here we find out that the thread poster joined the Halo series late into Halo 3/during Reach.

Been playing since Halo: CE, I am fully aware that we can create our own, but why did 343 REMOVE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

This is beyond asinine, there was NO REASON to remove ANY of the gametypes, so WHY do it? Answer me that.

> Agreed but it seems 343 are more into making the game look better then actually fix it.

Respect.

agreed i want doubles multi team :(((((((((((((((((

I will agree with you that they lack feedback on issues, but I still believe they are fixing them… at least until enough time has passed that it seems they aren’t.

So as of now, I say give them a little more time. The games has only been out for 12 days. If they don’t deliver by the time the DLC comes, don’t buy.

I’m right there with ya for the most part. I won’t be BUYING any DLC until I see some improvements to this game.

The fact that they are talking about making some of the legendary playlists such as Team Snipers rotational is absolutely absurd.

If anything right now this game needs Free DLC to keep players happy.

They already got our money when we bought the game, so what does it matter to them?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah there’s a lot to be desired, I’ll agree, but there’s a lot I like as well.

Could’ve fleshed Spartan Ops out a bit more imo. Made it more objective based (other than just “press this button so x can happen”), rather than just essentially firefight mode without the medals or decent scoring system.

> Could’ve fleshed Spartan Ops out a bit more imo. Made it more objective based (other than just “press this button so x can happen”), rather than just essentially firefight mode without the medals or decent scoring system.

I think Spartan Ops is perfect, releasing an episode once a week, keeps me coming back and adds story. More replay-ability, it keeps me interested.

> Agreed but it seems 343 are more into making the game look better then actually fix it. Example I would say is they are adding more content into the game without thought into the current state of the game itself.

That’s quite an ignorant thing to say. There are far more people online playing and enjoying the game than on here complaining.

It is an opinion, and nothing more, that anything needs to be even “fixed” at all.

> > Agreed but it seems 343 are more into making the game look better then actually fix it. Example I would say is they are adding more content into the game without thought into the current state of the game itself.
>
> That’s quite an ignorant thing to say. There are far more people online playing and enjoying the game than on here complaining.
>
> It is an opinion, and nothing more, that anything needs to be even “fixed” at all.

So why are you here? Why aren’t you on Halo 4 enjoying the game that doesn’t have flaws?

I’m here, posting my opinion and what should be fixed. It’s 5pm where I am at and I am already getting UK hosts, which is making me lag tremendously.

> > Could’ve fleshed Spartan Ops out a bit more imo. Made it more objective based (other than just “press this button so x can happen”), rather than just essentially firefight mode without the medals or decent scoring system.
>
> I think Spartan Ops is perfect, releasing an episode once a week, keeps me coming back and adds story. More replay-ability, it keeps me interested.

I think you missed part of his message. He wants it to have some stages that are more like ‘king of the hill’ kinda thing where you defend a position, or get a bomb and run it into a covenant/forerunner base.

Then why don’t you do anything about it?
If we don’t have the lazy options give up?
We didn’t have a quarter the options in ce/2/3 and we made it work. We made custom games and parties daily. We made halo multiplayer with basic option. What makes it impossible now?

Or is the community to lazy for the attempt?

Not trying to troll. Just get a point across.

> > > Could’ve fleshed Spartan Ops out a bit more imo. Made it more objective based (other than just “press this button so x can happen”), rather than just essentially firefight mode without the medals or decent scoring system.
> >
> > I think Spartan Ops is perfect, releasing an episode once a week, keeps me coming back and adds story. More replay-ability, it keeps me interested.
>
> I think you missed part of his message. He wants it to have some stages that are more like ‘king of the hill’ kinda thing where you defend a position, or get a bomb and run it into a covenant/forerunner base.

I did read his post which is why I said “I think Spartan Ops is perfect”, Spartan Ops was designed for an added story to keep us interested on what happens after the story of Halo 4, well that’s the way I see it, and I am happily completing every chapter on Legendary!

> Then why don’t you do anything about it?
> If we don’t have the lazy options give up?
> We didn’t have a quarter the options in ce/2/3 and we made it work. We made custom games and parties daily. We made halo multiplayer with basic option. What makes it impossible now?
>
> Or is the community to lazy for the attempt?
>
> Not trying to troll. Just get a point across.

And my rebuttal is, why remove it in the first place? Like you said and another has said, we had those options in late Halo 3 and all of Reach, why remove them?

Reading and acknowledging what is typed are two different things apparently.

> Reading and acknowledging what is said are two different things apparently.

And I am doing both. I am saying that I think Spartan Ops wasn’t really designed to do that kind of gameplay because it is created to add back story. Plus, we have at least another 3 Episodes left, so there might be that availability to cover a certain point in SO.

> > > > Could’ve fleshed Spartan Ops out a bit more imo. Made it more objective based (other than just “press this button so x can happen”), rather than just essentially firefight mode without the medals or decent scoring system.
> > >
> > > I think Spartan Ops is perfect, releasing an episode once a week, keeps me coming back and adds story. More replay-ability, it keeps me interested.
> >
> > I think you missed part of his message. He wants it to have some stages that are more like ‘king of the hill’ kinda thing where you defend a position, or get a bomb and run it into a covenant/forerunner base.
>
> I did read his post which is why I said “I think Spartan Ops is perfect”, Spartan Ops was designed for an added story to keep us interested on what happens after the story of Halo 4, well that’s the way I see it, and I am happily completing every chapter on Legendary!
>
>
>
>
> > Then why don’t you do anything about it?
> > If we don’t have the lazy options give up?
> > We didn’t have a quarter the options in ce/2/3 and we made it work. We made custom games and parties daily. We made halo multiplayer with basic option. What makes it impossible now?
> >
> > Or is the community to lazy for the attempt?
> >
> > Not trying to troll. Just get a point across.
>
> And my rebuttal is, why remove it in the first place? Like you said and another has said, we had those options in late Halo 3 and all of Reach, why remove them?

And mine is… Make it work. We didn’t get those options by being lazy. Maybe they wanted a fresh start hoping the community would make new game types. God know we do need it. Right now it’s disappointing that this community can’t make the attempt but is willing to spend hours a day complaining about it.

> And mine is… Make it work. We didn’t get those options by being lazy. Maybe they wanted a fresh start hoping the community would make new game types. God know we do need it. Right now it’s disappointing that this community can’t make the attempt but is willing to spend hours a day complaining about it.

Look, I love your thread and I do agree that most of the community is lazy, but how do you know that I haven’t already tried making my own Race gametypes(which I have)?

To me, it just saddens me to have these in the past 2 Halos respectively, but for some reason they are removed, forgotten.

I’m pretty sure some game modes were missing from Reach it’s opening week too.

Hell, if I remember correctly, they didn’t allow open connection campaign co-op until 2-3 weeks after release. It’s always been fun to do it with friends first but that doesn’t change the fact that it wasn’t there.