I'm new and i need ways to win early.

I only started playing this game about 2 months ago. I would like to know strat’s that would help win early and if they fail, ways to win later on. Incase it matters, i play 3v3 all the time. I would also like to know how to handle situations where either your teamates are no help, or your facing a 1v3 situation.

Please include details like, # of units on a strategy ,or how to know when to make certain units based on the time,etc.

if you are talking about 3v3 party teams: pick forge/arby/arby

Both arby’s go temple second, send their arby straight over to the enemy covenant. While doing this they lock their base and make suicide grunts. Unlock your base (should have about 3 suicide grunts) and use their Y ability to hit the main base. The base will drop fast if he doesnt have citadel, also your forge can drop a carpet if neccesary. This is called cheesing and will get you quick wins against 80% of the current halo wars population. Unfortunately this wont work against good people , they will see it coming and counter it.

If you are talking about 3v3 UA and 1v3-ing :

pick anders and go gauss warthogs.

> if you are talking about 3v3 party teams: pick forge/arby/arby
>
> Both arby’s go temple second, send their arby straight over to the enemy covenant. While doing this they lock their base and make suicide grunts. Unlock your base (should have about 3 suicide grunts) and use their Y ability to hit the main base. The base will drop fast if he doesnt have citadel, also your forge can drop a carpet if neccesary. This is called cheesing and will get you quick wins against 80% of the current halo wars population. Unfortunately this wont work against good people , they will see it coming and counter it.
>
> If you are talking about 3v3 UA and 1v3-ing :
>
> pick anders and go gauss warthogs.

thanks! I will look into it.

I find to enjoy the game you want to give the opponent a chance, you dont want to win the game early or loose it early. If you dont rush and you have a good long game you will find you earn more xp. I get over 5000 points per a game (thats just me, im sure others can do way better) but I know for a fact people who rush tend to get less than 1000 in an average game. Quite frankly rushing isnt worth the effort and if your rush gets countered your screwed due to lack in funds and an army both of which your non rushing enemy has… I win more games than I loose and the way I see it its because I dont rush my opponent.

> I find to enjoy the game you want to give the opponent a chance, you dont want to win the game early or loose it early. If you dont rush and you have a good long game you will find you earn more xp. I get over 5000 points per a game (thats just me, im sure others can do way better) but I know for a fact people who rush tend to get less than 1000 in an average game. Quite frankly rushing isnt worth the effort and if your rush gets countered your screwed due to lack in funds and an army both of which your non rushing enemy has… I win more games than I loose and the way I see it its because I dont rush my opponent.

Lol, I can guarantee that rushing is in no way a bad idea, just make sure you get your money’s worth if you decide to try it and know when to stop…If a shield goes up for goodness sake stop building brutes -__-

don’t think of it in terms of Points per game, think points per min, if i have a 5 min game and get 1000 points I’ll rank up faster than you with your 30min game with 5000 points (just something to think about.)

and yeah, if you do rush don’t over-commit or you’l end up hurting your build. but in the long run you’ll win more games if you learn the early game. (Rushing is such an in-accurate term)

> and yeah, if you do rush don’t over-commit or you’l end up hurting your build. but in the long run you’ll win more games if you learn the early game. (Rushing is such an in-accurate term)

I wouldn’t consider it a “rush” unless your opponent attacks you with the intent of completely shutting you down and has little or no plan to make a decently sized army in the mid- to late- game. Otherwise, the term “harass” is more accurate. And you’re absolutely right about the liabilities of staying aggressive for too long.

But if you really want to learn how to rush, I think you have to have a firm grip on how to effectively make an army in the later stages of a game first. Knowing how to manage your economy and timing is key to what makes a rush (and a full army) successful. If you don’t, you’re just throwing units at your enemy and hoping for the best.

Practice makes perfect. I just learned from other people.

> > and yeah, if you do rush don’t over-commit or you’l end up hurting your build. but in the long run you’ll win more games if you learn the early game. (Rushing is such an in-accurate term)
>
> I wouldn’t consider it a “rush” unless your opponent attacks you with the intent of completely shutting you down and has little or no plan to make a decently sized army in the mid- to late- game. Otherwise, the term “harass” is more accurate. And you’re absolutely right about the liabilities of staying aggressive for too long.
>
> But if you really want to learn how to rush, I think you have to have a firm grip on how to effectively make an army in the later stages of a game first. Knowing how to manage your economy and timing is key to what makes a rush (and a full army) successful. If you don’t, you’re just throwing units at your enemy and hoping for the best.

^That, basically, if you want to effectively harass your opponent you want to be able to say as Anders (I mention anders because that’s the leader i’m most familiar with), Get your Hogs going at their supply pads and their expo’s whilst still expanding yourself, you need to balance the two.