I'm going to ask you a bunch of questions...

…and I want them answered immediately!

1. Is Halo Xbox One actually Halo 5? Has there been any confirmed proof or even any confirmed proof on the matter?

2. If this is Halo 5, why are they being [REDACTED] and calling it Halo Xbox One?

3. If this is not Halo 5, then what is it? Some Kinect [REDACTED]? I noticed the teaser just said “Halo”.

4. Do you think Master Chief’s poncho has anything to do the art direction of Bungie’s Destiny’s human faction? Not inferring that copying the forerunners of Halo is a bad thing.

5. Did you like the poncho anyway?

6. What is Three Hundred and Forty Three Industries’ pseudo-obsession with enemies that are MASSIVE compared to the Master Chief?

7. Do you think Cortana is coming back? By the way, for the keen-eyed, keeping tabs on the motion capture talent involved will be a reasonable indication.

8. If Cortana returns, on a scale of 1-10, how annoying do you think she will be this time around? I sincerely hope they take a look back to Halo Xbox Original and its sequel for inspiration on her character. A time when she didn’t intrude upon narrative and was actually fulfilling in her role as an assistant. She was very annoying and detrimental to the plot and gameplay in Halo Xbox 360.

By the way, I added the [REDACTED] brackets tee hee. To the callow I say this, beside the sarcasm I have a concerned bunch of serious questions. Please recognise them and do not snob them off as trollfoolery.

Thanks,

• Nick

It is Halo 5. They announced that over Facebook and Twitter.

And for the “pancho” I think it’s to disguise who he is opposed to 343 saying “Oh, look at what Bungie is doing with Destiny, we should copy that.”

As for Cortana returning, I really hope she doesn’t. That would make her death in Halo 4 completely irrelevant and without meaning. I think that the Master Chief is searching for a way to bring Cortana back, and his search has brought him to what we see in the reveal. He seemed to expect the Forerunner machine to appear, which leads me to think he was looking for it.

Thanks for the reply. In this case, I wonder what he is looking for.

There’s a theory somewhere on this forum that the place chief is on is in fact The Ark from Halo 3.

Check out the scenery when the camera slowly pans up in the trailer.

• The planetoid in the sky could be the Foundry (as seen in Halo 3). It has the same hue and does seem slightly battered, just like the one in Halo 3.
  • The rock formations are very similar to those found on The Ark (again, check Halo 3). There were some comparison shots which made it all look very compelling.

Yet if this is true, this would raise more questions.

How did he get on the Ark?
How did we miss that giant Forerunner thingy the first time?
Why is he disguised? Anyone looking for him in that wasteland will definitely recognise him or at least check that shady fellow out.

Oh well, that’s all I can think of for now.

> 1) Is Halo Xbox One actually Halo 5? Has there been any confirmed proof or even any confirmed proof on the matter?

Yes. It is Halo 5.
Watch the Reveal Trailer again and pause when it says Halo.
There’s a “5” in the clouds above, and in the sand below.

> 2) If this is Halo 5, why are they being [REDACTED] and calling it Halo Xbox One?

Because they want to make it a surprise or something.
I don’t know.

> 3) If this is not Halo 5, then what is it? Some Kinect [REDACTED]? I noticed the teaser just said “Halo”.

It’s Halo 5.

> 4) Do you think Master Chief’s poncho has anything to do the art direction of Bungie’s Destiny’s human faction? Not inferring that copying the forerunners of Halo is a bad thing.

No.
That’s for hiding his identity.

> 5) Did you like the poncho anyway?

It’s okay.

> 6) What is Three Hundred and Forty Three Industries’ pseudo-obsession with enemies that are MASSIVE compared to the Master Chief?

It’s represents overwhelming odds.

> 7) Do you think Cortana is coming back? By the way, for the keen-eyed, keeping tabs on the motion capture talent involved will be a reasonable indication.

Yes.

> 8) If Cortana returns, on a scale of 1-10, how annoying do you think she will be this time around? I sincerely hope they take a look back to Halo Xbox Original and its sequel for inspiration on her character. A time when she didn’t intrude upon narrative and was actually fulfilling in her role as an assistant. She was very annoying and detrimental to the plot and gameplay in Halo Xbox 360.

I like the new Cortana.
I think they hit the mark with Halo 4.