I'm glad the Spirit is back

If you didn’t notice, Spirits made many appearances in the cinematic that was released. One of the easiest to see was at the 3:00 Mark right in front of the crashing Covenant Ship. I’m glad there will be variety, as getting shot by regular Phantoms was kinda easy to evade and it was easy to destroy. I feel the Spirit will be a more competent foe. The question I have is if it is just like the Halo CE version or Reach?

It will probably share some similarities with the old spirits but given the new doors, this thing looks to be very different compared to the old one.

In an earlier trailer they showed the Spirit dropship. It is a bit different, the doors open up not as a single solid door but in strands. But it is essentially the same vehicle. Should be fun to fight!

> 2533274895630445;3:
> In an earlier trailer they showed the Spirit dropship. It is a bit different, the doors open up not as a single solid door but in strands. But it is essentially the same vehicle. Should be fun to fight!

I hope they are tougher than Phantoms. That, or Phantoms HP increased. If you have a Scorpion or Mantis, they are just too easy to take down

It looks really nice.

> 2533275007059966;4:
> > 2533274895630445;3:
> > In an earlier trailer they showed the Spirit dropship. It is a bit different, the doors open up not as a single solid door but in strands. But it is essentially the same vehicle. Should be fun to fight!
>
>
> I hope they are tougher than Phantoms. That, or Phantoms HP increased. If you have a Scorpion or Mantis, they are just too easy to take down

Well to quote 343i official summary of the Spirit on its Halo Waypoint Universe article:

“the hull is surprisingly robust, and pilot extremely well protected in the aft cockpit; a Spirit will survive combat zones that would prove suicidal for the somewhat more fragile Phantom.”

So yeah, seems like that is what they are going for in Halo 5.

Love the Spirit, but don’t understand the purpose of it opening in strands. Seems inconvenient and irrelevant.

> 2533274799527886;7:
> Love the Spirit, but don’t understand the purpose of it opening in strands. Seems inconvenient and irrelevant.

It just looks cool man. Don’t question.

> 2533274799527886;7:
> Love the Spirit, but don’t understand the purpose of it opening in strands. Seems inconvenient and irrelevant.

I prefer the traditional opening as well. But perhaps the doors are designed to open in a more staggered fashion, rather than all at once, so that enemies have a harder time slaughtering the occupants as soon as the doors open.

The 343i Halo Universe article on them states that the major flaw with the Spirit was the UNSC’s ability to inflict heavy casualties upon landing it’s troops because of it’s landing mechanism.

> 2533274895630445;9:
> > 2533274799527886;7:
> > Love the Spirit, but don’t understand the purpose of it opening in strands. Seems inconvenient and irrelevant.
>
>
> I prefer the traditional opening as well. But perhaps the doors are designed to open in a more staggered fashion, rather than all at once, so that enemies have a harder time slaughtering the occupants as soon as the doors open.
>
> The 343i Halo Universe article on them states that the major flaw with the Spirit was the UNSC’s ability to inflict heavy casualties upon landing it’s troops because of it’s landing mechanism.

Hadn’t thought of that and seems very logical and plausible. Hate to sit in the middle if that’s the case.

> 2533274799527886;7:

It would make sense if the pilots were able to select which door segments when. That way if they want to split up chalks at different LZs (offload one squad then fly to the next drop off point and offload another) they can open their respective doors without exposing another chalk to fire.

I’ll take this bird out myself

All for sprint!!