im getting really mad right now

alright on halo reach im having to go up against high levels and i dont like it

im about to quit playing for a long time cause of it my k/d is dropping.

thanks 343!..

So…you’re saying that your games are getting harder and you’re facing better players and you’re getting frustrated?

It’s how you get better though…

> So…you’re saying that your games are getting harder and you’re facing better players and you’re getting frustrated?
>
> It’s how you get better though…

Even so, 343i isn’t responsible for your “skill” vs other players. Rank means absolute squat on Reach anyway so if anything, you probably need some new strategies.

And this is why we need a proper ranking system for Halo 4, so noobs can play other noobs and learn the game while not getting destroyed thus not get frustrated and leave Halo for good.

Play Arena if you want to be matched with players of your skill range.

> > So…you’re saying that your games are getting harder and you’re facing better players and you’re getting frustrated?
> >
> > It’s how you get better though…
>
> Even so, 343i isn’t responsible for your “skill” vs other players. Rank means absolute squat on Reach anyway so if anything, you probably need some new strategies.

In theory rank means nothing but if you think about it rank also means experience the higher rank may have the same skill as the lower rank player but familiarity with map and remembering how to get the best out of situations from previous encounters makes the higher rank have a better standing.

But to quit out of a game because of rank is silly, I am Legend (good film but still) that means I have collected over 5 million credits were I currently am in the progression, this is equal to over i think 3000 MM games and dosens of campaign play throughs and a few thousand waves of firefight and loads of custom/forge games, this experience give me an edge over players but I will not so proudly (on my part) say that I have been beaten by warrant officers its just how well the team supports each other as a whole as well as on an individual players and tbh its refreshing playing a game where teams are evenly matched and its a struggle for victory until the end.

But I think the problem you’re finding as is everyone else out there is unbalanced teams and i don’t mean rank i mean skill, this is mainly because after the noble map pack or at least I’d say new year after release the population of reach died. Halo 3 until the release of reach still had hundreds of thousands of people playing it 3 years after its release. Reach however barely in half that time supports probably at most one hundred thousand and at least around fifteen thousand across all playlists. So you are simply matched up so you can play a game. But hopefully with the more tradtional and hopefully ‘fun’ orientated playing halo 4 will bring it shouldn’t be a problem.

> Play Arena if you want to be matched with players of your skill range.

Not the best advice. Play Arena if you want to wait 15 minutes for a game and then play the same people over and over (until they stop searching after the game because you keep beating them.)

The magical Trueskill system running in the background simply does not work, which is not this kids fault.

> > Play Arena if you want to be matched with players of your skill range.
>
> Not the best advice. Play Arena if you want to wait 15 minutes for a game and then play the same people over and over (until they stop searching after the game because you keep beating them.)
>
> The magical Trueskill system running in the background simply does not work, which is not this kids fault.

Better than nothing.

> > Play Arena if you want to be matched with players of your skill range.
>
> Not the best advice. Play Arena if you want to wait 15 minutes for a game and then play the same people over and over (until they stop searching after the game because you keep beating them.)
>
> The magical Trueskill system running in the background simply does not work, which is not this kids fault.

It does not work because of the tiny player pool from which it has to draw from.

OT: Best scope you are most likely becoming better and therefore facing better opponents, its a reward even if it feels like punishment.

Welcome to Waypoint.

> > > Play Arena if you want to be matched with players of your skill range.
> >
> > Not the best advice. Play Arena if you want to wait 15 minutes for a game and then play the same people over and over (until they stop searching after the game because you keep beating them.)
> >
> > The magical Trueskill system running in the background simply does not work, which is not this kids fault.
>
> <mark>It does not work because of the tiny player pool from which it has to draw from.</mark>
>
> OT: Best scope you are most likely becoming better and therefore facing better opponents, its a reward even if it feels like punishment.
>
> Welcome to Waypoint.

This excuse could be used for low populated playlist such as Objective/Squad DLC. In any other playlist there’s no excuse. It not only matches less skilled players vs highly skilled players, it also matches full teams vs. randoms. Beyond broken. (Although I don’t think there’s anything 343 can/will do to change that at this point)

> > > > Play Arena if you want to be matched with players of your skill range.
> > >
> > > Not the best advice. Play Arena if you want to wait 15 minutes for a game and then play the same people over and over (until they stop searching after the game because you keep beating them.)
> > >
> > > The magical Trueskill system running in the background simply does not work, which is not this kids fault.
> >
> > <mark>It does not work because of the tiny player pool from which it has to draw from.</mark>
> >
> > OT: Best scope you are most likely becoming better and therefore facing better opponents, its a reward even if it feels like punishment.
> >
> > Welcome to Waypoint.
>
> This excuse could be used for low populated playlist such as Objective/Squad DLC. In any other playlist there’s no excuse. It not only matches less skilled players vs highly skilled players, it also matches full teams vs. randoms. Beyond broken. (Although I don’t think there’s anything 343 can/will do to change that at this point)

Those matches happen even with a a huge player pool that is true, but there has been no system setup to date that can flawlessly deliver 50-49 nail-biters every time, not even the lauded 1-50 ranking did that.

> > > > > Play Arena if you want to be matched with players of your skill range.
> > > >
> > > > Not the best advice. Play Arena if you want to wait 15 minutes for a game and then play the same people over and over (until they stop searching after the game because you keep beating them.)
> > > >
> > > > The magical Trueskill system running in the background simply does not work, which is not this kids fault.
> > >
> > > <mark>It does not work because of the tiny player pool from which it has to draw from.</mark>
> > >
> > > OT: Best scope you are most likely becoming better and therefore facing better opponents, its a reward even if it feels like punishment.
> > >
> > > Welcome to Waypoint.
> >
> > This excuse could be used for low populated playlist such as Objective/Squad DLC. In any other playlist there’s no excuse. It not only matches less skilled players vs highly skilled players, it also matches full teams vs. randoms. Beyond broken. (Although I don’t think there’s anything 343 can/will do to change that at this point)
>
> Those matches happen even with a a huge player pool that is true, but there has been no system setup to date that can flawlessly deliver 50-49 nail-biters every time, not even the lauded 1-50 ranking did that.

If you were a team full of 50s, you atleast knew you were going to face a team full of 50’s (maybe a 49/48 in there somewhere). 9/10 it was a good game, unless they were de-ranking or host-booting. (the major flaw of 1-50).

My main concern is the “parties vs. randoms”… =/