I'm frightened about this

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

So i usually buy used games for xbox360 in England in stores such as amazon.co.uk and game.co.uk. What i am concerned and i’m not the only one who is, we won’t be able to buy used games to play in xbox one…

First- to share a game, we have to be friends in XBL for over 30 days ( ABSURD!)
Second- You can only share one time a game ( SERIOUSLY)
Third and final - The stores will go bankrupt?

Seriously, why does Microsoft think this will be a good idea?

Regardless of all sh*t they are doing, i’m sticking into Xbox.

Because used games are ruining the Developers and Publishers?

Of course, I do wish they had gone a different way about it.

It’s true, used games on Xbox One are, currently, near non-existent. Microsoft hopes to move towards digital retail, and this is a big step in that direction.

After thinking about it for a while I can see what they are trying to accomplish. Their Xbox is being pushed towards Digital users. From what it seems, they are going to slowly stop making disk based games to go for their cloud network.

I can understand why they’d do that but it’s a silly decision when most people can’t actually afford to buy brand new all the time.

> After thinking about it for a while I can see what they are trying to accomplish. Their Xbox is being pushed towards Digital users. From what it seems, they are going to slowly stop making disk based games to go for their cloud network.
>
> I can understand why they’d do that but it’s a silly decision when most people can’t actually afford to buy brand new all the time.

There’s another problem with digital stores, at least for people like me: language.

If it’s going to be like the Xbox 360 Marketplace that’s restricted to your region, games are only going to be available in the language of that region; in my case, German. And that’s what I really, REALLY hate. I want to play games in the language they were made, i.e. English for 99% of all the games I play, so I order them from the UK.

For example, except for H:CE and H2 (where the German voice acting is so abysmally bad that this actually made me start buy games in English), all my other Halo games are in English.