I'm done. Can't support this. Have fun 343

I bought the battle pass because in total i could (eventually in a few months) earn all the pieces to wear together i used to wear in Reach, but i am not spending money elsewhere.

3 Likes

343 will listen to wallets, most likely. I love the game and intend to make it my main halo game, but I don’t think I will ever give 343 a dime unless they radically overhaul the monetization model.

9 Likes

Yep.
Enjoy the game. Speak with your wallet. If 343 doesn’t improve the system = don’t give them money.

We can’t stop the small number of whales but if a majority of the community doesn’t spend then it will prompt them to change things up.

9 Likes

And remember, to be a “whale” often means things like spending just $50-100 on a game. If you buy the battlepass and an armor set or two each season, odds are you are in that whale category.

6 Likes

I just played big team Battle for I don’t know how long waiting for an enemy chopper to spawn so I can destroy it for a challenge guess what it spawned right at the end of the game thanks for wasting my time 343 you know because I got nothing better to do with my life.

2 Likes

Are you calling me fat? Hahaha!

I think $50-$100 is a little low for the “whale” category. I mean that’s basically what games cost.

I was trying to remember some of the reports I had seen about how companies defined “whales”. Looks like it’s anything from $25-60/month to total lifetime $100-500.

A battlepass and an armor set or two each season will hit those kind of numbers before long.

[h]ttps://youtu.be/tZu-q0R8jb8

7 Likes

Ha, a chopper? I’ve seen a million. My challenge is to destroy an enemy Scorpion. 150 matches, I’ve seen like 7 Scorpions and never got even close to being the one to destroy it, assuming my own team didn’t get in it

1 Like

Doesn’t help that the Scorpion usually only shows up with 2 minutes or less in a match remaining. Good luck destroying one…

6 Likes

That’s what I said awhile back, it’s gonna be a ‘pay to play’ system because they believe on making as much money as possible and to hell with the people that have been with them from the start. They want to get kids paying constantly for some piece of armor that you’ll never be able to ‘earn’, I’ve been trying for 4 days to finish up the weekly challenges and they are all in one game type and I still haven’t gotten any ctf games in 4 days in any of the modes so yeah I’ve come to the same conclusion that they don’t want anyone to finish and start the Capstone challenge which was just a matter of getting kills which is doable but a little time consuming.

3 Likes

I have two left, kill with a wasp and destroying a chopper, all in big team Battle, and I’ve been play all morning and nothing has shown up :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Probably never will show up, but good luck though.

1 Like

I said -Yoink!- that -Yoink!- and went back playing ranked

2 Likes

I have a hard time understanding why some people are still defending their -Yoink!- monetisation, do you have anything to gain by defending them, do you like paying 10 bucks for a red sniper?

19 Likes

Best of luck in future projects