Im depressed.... Why community, WHY?

Looking around these forums, I feel sad. I just lost all levels of respect for the human race. People and their lack of an open mind, their blind hatred of all things reach. jesus…

Perks: I HATE UM, DAMN U 343, YOU SUCK.
We dont know how they work yet, they could be half a round extra ammo for all we know, just STOP.

Sprint: Probably the worst of all.
It didnt work in reach, doesnt mean it cant work in halo. People have suggested ideas, to make it better suited for halo. Maps will be designed with sprint in mind. Sprint serves a purpose, an increase in base movement for a few seconds. We already know the default movement speed and jump height are both very fast, sprint is FASTER this time around, we dont know how it works, 343 gets it. After all this, i wouldnt be surprised if they went and outright removed it. Even though a big portion of halo players want it, why cant playlists just be altered for sprint or no sprint? WHY?

Loadout: Again, we don know how they work, PLEASE PLEASE.

Maybe im taking everything to seriously, im generally that type of person. Believe me or not, i am genuinely shedding a tear or two right now. I feel bad for 343, and all these heartless trolls who profess to know about the functionality of halo know nothing, NONE of us know ANYTHING, about how the above will play out. Please, PLEASE. When i hear comments like: “reach was the worst FPS of this gaming generation” i feel bad. REALLY bad.

sigh why not just end it all…

Yo chill dog.

Discussion and all of that are what forums are for. If we agreed with everyone all the time the world be entirely too boring for my tastes.

The same people that you call heartless trolls are some of the most passionate people in the Halo community. Anyone here on a forum talking about halo is passionate about the game and in the end the respective groups want Halo to be the best it can be. As always people have different visions on what that it is and is why people get so heated in certain discussions.

I don’t like threads like this because this is exactly how forums are supposed to be. (intense discussion on the game etc) If (and I say if) this is seriously got you messed up just relax man, its Saturday night, march madness is going on, more importantly its not a weekday tomorrow, play some Halo instead of talking about it (always more enjoyable no matter the title) and enjoy the weekend!

Yeah, It Looks like the Hate bandwagon is happening again.

Please please please do not feel bad. There are those of us (even though it does not seem like it) that see the positivity of this game and do not dwell on certain speculations and smack talk 343.

And to prove it here is a post i made earlier.

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst65284_Thanks-to-343.aspx

And please feel better :slight_smile:

I feel your pain man. I’m new to the forums and all i see is hatred or mistrust for 343 which seems to come out of nowhere, which is just stupid. but hey cheer up, Halo 4 is coming out this year and although i don’t know alot about it yet Im still as excited about this as i am about any Halo game. I trust 343 and everyone else should too, or at least give them a chance.

Pessimism is stronger than optimism.

I’ve tried creating a topic to discuss things that are unrelated to, well, the whole “OmgUzrs Sprite and Porks in mey gam!?” thing. Unfortunately, all of the rage-posts got bumped, and my thread is currently on the deathbed. If you want, I could link it.

Your mistake was having faith in the human race to begin with.

> I’ve tried creating a topic to discuss things that are unrelated to, well, the whole “OmgUzrs Sprite and Porks in mey gam!?” thing. Unfortunately, all of the rage-posts got bumped, and my thread is currently on the deathbed. If you want, I could link it.

Yeah I know what you mean. But what I do is post on my own thread when it seems pretty dead, in order to bring it back to the 1st page of the forums.

> Yo chill dog.
>
> Discussion and all of that are what forums are for. If we agreed with everyone all the time the world be entirely too boring for my tastes.
>
> The same people that you call heartless trolls are some of the most passionate people in the Halo community. Anyone here on a forum talking about halo is passionate about the game and in the end the respective groups want Halo to be the best it can be. As always people have different visions on what that it is and is why people get so heated in certain discussions.
>
> I don’t like threads like this because this is exactly how forums are supposed to be. (intense discussion on the game etc) If (and I say if) this is seriously got you messed up just relax man, its Saturday night, march madness is going on, more importantly its not a weekday tomorrow, play some Halo instead of talking about it (always more enjoyable no matter the title) and enjoy the weekend!

And this.

Well said.

People love to assume things. That’s just how the gaming community is, though.

Just ignore the trolls, and every now and then you’ll see a ray of light shine through these parts in the form of a very friendly and thought-provoking thread.

> People love to assume things. That’s just how the gaming community is, though.
>
> Just ignore the trolls, and every now and then you’ll see a ray of light shine through these parts in the form of a very friendly and thought-provoking thread.

Greenskull. Its you! I love your videos.

> Even though a big portion of halo players want it, why cant playlists just be altered for sprint or no sprint? WHY?

Because then you’ll end up with something as bland as Reach. With no one consistent movement spec for players all ways must then be accommodated with every design so you have something that’s at least functional for all the different settings which could be played on it. Thereby, any given setting will have to then accommodate all others to some degree which limits it to some awkward midpoint between it’s original state and all other possibilities so no one is given the full attention it deserves.

That’s what people want to avoid, an equal compromise that pleases no one, and they’ll cry as hard as they can (harder if their fight is an uphill one) for the sake of a more consistent Halo which avoids one of the bigger pitfalls that made the last one more…problematic to say the lease.

This is exactly how I feel, I have so many concerns but I still have faith.

I know how you feel bro pats back don’t worry no matter how much hate and flame is shot out of these forums halo 4 will be released and it will “hopefully” be amazing. Don’t get me wrong I have complete and utter faith in 343 and I know there an amazing company but I still don’t know if its gonna be great till I play it. facts are facts lol but like I said don’t let the hate get to ya bro :slight_smile:

Btw the guy above me delta sierra made a good choice when he or she chose there avitar its a good lookin one!