I'm confused about some of the campaign story

When Chief is talking to the librarian, she says something about prometheans being humans.
Help?

The Composer turns Humans into Promethean Knights. They were Ancient Humans that fought with the Forerunners and lost. Then when the Forerunners fought the Flood, the Didact turned the defeated humans into Promethean Knights.

> The Composer turns Humans into Promethean Knights. They were Ancient Humans that fought with the Forerunners and lost. Then when the Forerunners fought the Flood, the Didact turned the defeated humans into Promethean Knights.

Crazy. Somehow I didn’t catch that in the two times I played through campaign.

Thanks though.

> The Composer turns Humans into Promethean Knights. They were Ancient Humans that fought with the Forerunners and lost. Then when the Forerunners fought the Flood, the Didact turned the defeated humans into Promethean Knights.

Incorrect. The composer turns organic material into data. It does not directly create Knights.

When attempting to return stored data into organic form the device did not function properly and perverted the data stored.

The failed attempts at returning humans from data to organic resulting in something the Didact utilized as his soldiers.

When the Didact was imprisoned his Knights were turned against him.

Watch the terminal videos.

> > The Composer turns Humans into Promethean Knights. They were Ancient Humans that fought with the Forerunners and lost. Then when the Forerunners fought the Flood, the Didact turned the defeated humans into Promethean Knights.
>
> Incorrect. The composer turns organic material into data. It does not directly create Knights.
>
> When attempting to return stored data into organic form the device did not function properly and perverted the data stored.
>
> The failed attempts at returning humans from data to organic resulting in something the Didact utilized as his soldiers.
>
> When the Didact was imprisoned his Knights were turned against him.

The Composer still turned Humans into Promethean Knights, regardless of the process. The Ancient Humans are still the PK. They were still used to fight the Flood and were used by the Didact. Not incorrect, just not specific.

I know about what the composer does. It is also how 343 Guilty Spark was created, AKA, Chakas. It turns them in data which can be turned into AI. I’m well aware of the process.