I'm cancelling my LE preorder, here's why.

I realized that my first post was a biased, and wasn’t as constructive or as informative as it should be. So, here’s why I think those of us who preordered the LE should cancel it, and go with the Regular Edition on the Microsoft store instead.

Just to be clear, this is not specifically about any one item the LE buyers won’t be getting. It’s about the principle of devaluing the LE after we’ve already payed money for it. So please keep your “Who would pay 25$ for 2 helmets?” arguments out of here. That’s not what this is about. What they’ve done is bad business.
The War Games Pass that comes with the LE doesn’t come with the bonus content that the ones who buy the Pass separately will get. BS Angel has confirmed this.

The Recruit Armor that was implied to be exlusive to the LE has now been confirmed to be the default armor for all spartans. You are now only getting a skin.

The Specializations that you thought were exclusive to the LE? They are now available with any preorder of either edition. It’s a GameStop exclusive though, and doesn’t apply to US GameStops.

So that should clear up any confusion.

If 343i is going to switch up the game like this, and devalue the LE after we have already put our money towards it, then let’s cancel our preorders. That is bad business.

The LE is making them a ton of money for almost no content. If we all cancel our preorders for it, they’ll have a bunch of LEs laying around, and they’ll have to cut us a deal, or lose out on a ton of money.

If they decide to do nothing, there’s no loss to us. Go through the Microsoft Store instead, get the regular copy, and save 40$ of meaningless physi and digi content, and get 25$ in-store credit that you can use to buy the Pass.

EDIT: Do yourself a favor and look at the content you’re getting for the LE again. Now keep in mind, how much of that will be available on YouTube or other sites within a week of H4’s release? How much of that will be available as DLC later on?

So we’ve all been lied to? And now the truth is revealed 2 months before release? -Yoink-!

You essentially just said the same thing…

> I realized that my first post was a biased, and wasn’t as constructive or as informative as it should be. So, here’s why I think those of us who preordered the LE should cancel it, and go with the Regular Edition on the Microsoft store instead.
>
> The War Games Pass that comes with the LE doesn’t come with the bonus content that the ones who buy the Pass separately will get. BS Angel has confirmed this.
>
> The Recruit Armor that was implied to be exlusive to the LE has now been confirmed to be the default armor for all spartans. You are now only getting a skin.
>
> The Specializations that you thought were exclusive to the LE? They are now available with any preorder of either edition. It’s a GameStop exclusive though, and doesn’t apply to US GameStops.
>
> So that should clear up any confusion.
>
> If 343i is going to switch up the game like this, and devalue the LE after we have already put our money towards it, then let’s cancel our preorders. That is bad business.
>
> The LE is making them a ton of money for almost no content. If we all cancel our preorders for it, they’ll have a bunch of LEs laying around, and they’ll have to cut us a deal, or lose out on a ton of money.
>
> If they decide to do nothing, there’s no loss to us. Go through the Microsoft Store instead, get the regular copy, and save 40$ of meaningless physi and digi content, and get 25$ in-store credit that you can use to buy the Pass.
>
> EDIT: Do yourself a favor and look at the content you’re getting for the LE again. Now keep in mind, how much of that will be available on YouTube or other sites within a week of H4’s release? How much of that will be available as DLC later on?

I agree, it’s pretty bad that 343 is doing this to the Halo franchise.

It’s a less biased poll, so it’s technically better. Maybe a moderator can merge these threads.

Okay. I need some clarification.

What are the DIFFERENCES between the straight LE and buying the war games pass?

Are all the maps you get the same? The only difference is skins/helmets? I’m just worried about purely maps and that stuff I don’t care much about the extras.

> You essentially just said the same thing…

It was mostly the poll that needed fixing.

Why didn’t you just edit your post?

• Add Me On Xbox :smiley:

Shiny metal case ooooo >_>

> Okay. I need some clarification.
>
> What are the DIFFERENCES between the straight LE and buying the war games pass?
>
> Are all the maps you get the same? The only difference is skins/helmets? I’m just worried about purely maps and that stuff I don’t care much about the extras.

The seperate War Games Map Pass comes with some extra goodies (two helmets, one emblem). The Limited Edition’s Map Pass does not. If you are just worried about the maps, then you have nothing to worry about. I still don’t like the practice, but that’s me.

Same as the last post just shut up with this crape already we get the point. Also I don’t care as well as many other people that are getting the LE we just want an upgraded copy is that too much to ask for?

Dude, good for you, I fail to see why we should care. If you don’t want to spend the money on the LE, fine by me, just don’t go telling everyone else what to do, or tell us that you’re canceling your preorder.

Well, Anyways

All you’re complaining about is not having an armor all to yourself, essentially. The other stuff, although I won’t go into depth about, is all stupid to complain about. The LE is about PHYSICAL ITEMS, not worthless digital armor/skins that you can buy off Ebay for five bucks.

> Well, Anyways
>
> All you’re complaining about is not having an armor all to yourself, essentially. The other stuff, although I won’t go into depth about, is all stupid to complain about. The LE is about PHYSICAL ITEMS, not worthless digital armor/skins that you can buy off Ebay for five bucks.

You can probably buy the physical items off ebay as well for cheap…

Why is the limited edition about physical items only?? many other limited editions of other games haven’t been, hell some only do in game items apart from maybe a steel case and a keyring.

The LE is for rewarding the loyal fans with bonus content both in game and physical. Some people only care about one or the other but the point is the editions usually have both, if not mainly in game items…

> > Okay. I need some clarification.
> >
> > What are the DIFFERENCES between the straight LE and buying the war games pass?
> >
> > Are all the maps you get the same? The only difference is skins/helmets? I’m just worried about purely maps and that stuff I don’t care much about the extras.
>
> The seperate War Games Map Pass comes with some extra goodies (two helmets, one emblem). The Limited Edition’s Map Pass does not. If you are just worried about the maps, then you have nothing to worry about. I still don’t like the practice, but that’s me.

Okay thank you. I never even redeemed my recon armor code for reach so trust me I’m not too worried about the extra pixel junk!

Thanks for clearing that up.

Is this true?.. I am very surprised they can and are doing something like this. Advertising something as one thing and then changing it… Shame. Well I’ll prib just change my preorder then put the money towards a new controller.

Biased or not. I’d like to thank OP for bringing the map packs to my attention. Without these threads I never woulda known and felt cheated. There’s absolutely no reason for 2 different map packs. Why 343 did it I have no clue. I’ve already switched preorders to a regular. I don’t really care about the physical bonuses that come with the LE since that’s what it seems to be focusing on.

I fail to see what the big deal is about giving people who buy the SE WGMP a couple of armour pieces the LE doesn’t have while LE players get their own little bits and bobs for their extra cash. Besides 343i are looking to work around it.

Sheesh, I wonder if anything 343i does will be universally accepted.

> Well, Anyways
>
> All you’re complaining about is not having an armor all to yourself, essentially. The other stuff, although I won’t go into depth about, is all stupid to complain about. The LE is about PHYSICAL ITEMS, not worthless digital armor/skins that you can buy off Ebay for five bucks.

he thing is LE shouldn’t be “just about physical items,” fans who invested their money into the copy and this series deserve the full deal, period.

> Well, Anyways
>

It shouldn’t just be about physical items. It hasn’t been that way for a long while. Reach’s Limited Edition had a good amount of both physical and digital items. We should get the full package, not promised one thing and then stripped of the exclusivity later.