I'm calling it, the next update will drop Oct. 27

For those of you who don’t know, October 27 is halo 5’s one year anniversary. It seems very plausible that an update would drop then to celebrate its birthday. The updates are not monthly anymore, and the next one should be here in a month or so. Because it would be a special occasion, I’m willing to bet that the update will contain some pretty cool stuff. What do you guys think about this? Just remember when it comes out, I CALLED IT :slight_smile:

want to make a bet?
while there will be more content I think by that point 343 needs to really focus on h6 and thats going to take from the content.
I expect more skins and the like
come on new phaeton and wasp varients

> 2533274870591903;2:
> want to make a bet?
> while there will be more content I think by that point 343 needs to really focus on h6 and thats going to take from the content.
> I expect more skins and the like
> come on new phaeton and wasp varients

I bet there will be more nostalgic weapons. If you don’t know what I mean by this, look up gamecheat and scroll down until you find something…interesting.

> 2535455681930574;3:
> > 2533274870591903;2:
> > want to make a bet?
> > while there will be more content I think by that point 343 needs to really focus on h6 and thats going to take from the content.
> > I expect more skins and the like
> > come on new phaeton and wasp varients
>
>
> I bet there will be more nostalgic weapons. If you don’t know what I mean by this, look up gamecheat and scroll down until you find something…interesting.

In terms of anything like the Halo Reach themed weapons, more then likely not. There likely cut weapons from the Reach update.

> 2533274887581216;4:
> > 2535455681930574;3:
> > > 2533274870591903;2:
> > > want to make a bet?
> > > while there will be more content I think by that point 343 needs to really focus on h6 and thats going to take from the content.
> > > I expect more skins and the like
> > > come on new phaeton and wasp varients
> >
> >
> > I bet there will be more nostalgic weapons. If you don’t know what I mean by this, look up gamecheat and scroll down until you find something…interesting.
>
>
> In terms of anything like the (redacted), more then likely not. That’s likely a cut weapon from the Reach update.
>
> As for everything else like the (redacted) he showed off or the (redacted) and a couple of other things he’s already showed off, it’s pretty likely that yeah. Those are more then likely going to show up in the next update or so.

We don’t know that it was cut from the Reach update. Also, you might want to note that discussing leaked content is against the rules, and I’m trying to be as careful as I am. The monitors might just let you go, but then again, they might not.

We’ll probably just get a special emblem.

> 2727626560040591;6:
> We’ll probably just get a special emblem.

Probably that plus some extra stuff.

As long as the next update comes with full armour customization, I’ll be happy no matter when it comes out.

> 2535455681930574;5:
> > 2533274887581216;4:
> > > 2535455681930574;3:
> > > > 2533274870591903;2:
> > > > want to make a bet?
> > > > while there will be more content I think by that point 343 needs to really focus on h6 and thats going to take from the content.
> > > > I expect more skins and the like
> > > > come on new phaeton and wasp varients
> > >
> > >
> > > I bet there will be more nostalgic weapons. If you don’t know what I mean by this, look up gamecheat and scroll down until you find something…interesting.
> >
> >
> > In terms of anything like the Halo Reach grenade launcher, more then likely not. That’s likely a cut weapon from the Reach update.
> >
> > As for everything else like the Sentinel beam he showed off or the AA wraith and a couple of other things he’s already showed off, it’s pretty likely that yeah. Those are more then likely going to show up in the next update or so.
>
>
> We don’t know that it was cut from the Reach update. Also, you might want to note that discussing leaked content is against the rules, and I’m trying to be as careful as I am. The monitors might just let you go, but then again, they might not.

We kinda actually do, considering the dates and edits of those Yoink were added when the Halo Reach update came out to begin with.
Everyone already knows this, and the weapon even uses the OG look and image. It’s simply a cut items from the Reach update that they decided not to add because they couldn’t get it to balance correctly in Halo 5’s balanced gameplay without reducing the major effects of it that it was mainly known for in Halo Reach especially.

btw still pretty new to the forums, don’t know the entire list of the rules so I went ahead and editted that comment. Idk if it’ll manage to fly by or not, but hopefully lol.

> 2533274887581216;9:
> > 2535455681930574;5:
> > > 2533274887581216;4:
> > > > 2535455681930574;3:
> > > > > 2533274870591903;2:
> > > > > want to make a bet?
> > > > > while there will be more content I think by that point 343 needs to really focus on h6 and thats going to take from the content.
> > > > > I expect more skins and the like
> > > > > come on new phaeton and wasp varients
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I bet there will be more nostalgic weapons. If you don’t know what I mean by this, look up gamecheat and scroll down until you find something…interesting.
> > >
> > >
> > > In terms of anything like the Halo Reach grenade launcher, more then likely not. That’s likely a cut weapon from the Reach update.
> > >
> > > As for everything else like the Sentinel beam he showed off or the AA wraith and a couple of other things he’s already showed off, it’s pretty likely that yeah. Those are more then likely going to show up in the next update or so.
> >
> >
> > We don’t know that it was cut from the Reach update. Also, you might want to note that discussing leaked content is against the rules, and I’m trying to be as careful as I am. The monitors might just let you go, but then again, they might not.
>
>
> We kinda actually do, considering the dates and edits of those Yoink were added when the Halo Reach update came out to begin with.
> Everyone already knows this, and the weapon even uses the OG look and image. It’s simply a cut items from the Reach update that they decided not to add because they couldn’t get it to balance correctly in Halo 5’s balanced gameplay without reducing the major effects of it that it was mainly known for in Halo Reach especially.
>
> btw still pretty new to the forums, don’t know the entire list of the rules so I went ahead and editted that comment. Idk if it’ll manage to fly by or not, but hopefully lol.

There should dates and edits to when they were added into the game files?

> 2535455681930574;1:
> For those of you who don’t know, October 27 is halo 5’s one year anniversary. It seems very plausible that an update would drop then to celebrate its birthday. The updates are not monthly anymore, and the next one should be here in a month or so. Because it would be a special occasion, I’m willing to bet that the update will contain some pretty cool stuff. What do you guys think about this? Just remember when it comes out, I CALLED IT :slight_smile:

And if there is…so…

> 2533274887581216;9:
> > 2535455681930574;5:
> > > 2533274887581216;4:
> > > > 2535455681930574;3:
> > > > > 2533274870591903;2:
> > > > > want to make a bet?
> > > > > while there will be more content I think by that point 343 needs to really focus on h6 and thats going to take from the content.
> > > > > I expect more skins and the like
> > > > > come on new phaeton and wasp varients
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I bet there will be more nostalgic weapons. If you don’t know what I mean by this, look up gamecheat and scroll down until you find something…interesting.
> > >
> > >
> > > In terms of anything like the Halo Reach grenade launcher, more then likely not. That’s likely a cut weapon from the Reach update.
> > >
> > > As for everything else like the Sentinel beam he showed off or the AA wraith and a couple of other things he’s already showed off, it’s pretty likely that yeah. Those are more then likely going to show up in the next update or so.
> >
> >
> > We don’t know that it was cut from the Reach update. Also, you might want to note that discussing leaked content is against the rules, and I’m trying to be as careful as I am. The monitors might just let you go, but then again, they might not.
>
>
> We kinda actually do, considering the dates and edits of those Yoink were added when the Halo Reach update came out to begin with.
> Everyone already knows this, and the weapon even uses the OG look and image. It’s simply a cut items from the Reach update that they decided not to add because they couldn’t get it to balance correctly in Halo 5’s balanced gameplay without reducing the major effects of it that it was mainly known for in Halo Reach especially.
>
> btw still pretty new to the forums, don’t know the entire list of the rules so I went ahead and editted that comment. Idk if it’ll manage to fly by or not, but hopefully lol.

That is quite incorrect. The guy who discovered the Reach grenade launcher checked the game’s files at the point of the Memories of Reach update, and there was no indication of the grenade launcher or any of the other recently discovered additions. That shows that they are newer creations, likely in response to community demand for them.

Also, your “reasoning” for it being a cut weapon makes no sense… You think they would go through all of the effort to bring in the model, texture, animations and behaviors, for both the base weapon and the higher level REQs, and then say “screw it, since Reach wasn’t balanced in the same way as our game, we’re not finishing the final balancing touches on this completed weapon”? Yeah… No… That’s ridiculous, sorry.

> 2535455681930574;10:
> There should dates and edits to when they were added into the game files?

And there is, with Gamecheat13 even finding old files for the prototype version of one of the Reach weapons sooo…yeah.
The dates and all that are there, just we can’t see when they were editted due to most of it being removed.

> 2533274808386392;12:
> That is quite incorrect. The guy who discovered the Reach grenade launcher checked the game’s files at the point of the Memories of Reach update, and there was no indication of the grenade launcher or any of the other recently discovered additions. That shows that they are newer creations, likely in response to community demand for them.
>
> Also, your “reasoning” for it being a cut weapon makes no sense… You think they would go through all of the effort to bring in the model, texture, animations and behaviors, for both the base weapon and the higher level REQs, and then say “screw it, since Reach wasn’t balanced in the same way as our game, we’re not finishing the final balancing touches on this completed weapon”? Yeah… No… That’s ridiculous, sorry.

I can’t tell if your -Yoink!- or what. There are currently 2 different type’s, and only 2 different type’s. There is no different REQ level ones, no different any other animations for each one, nothing. It’s just a un-finished model of a weapon that still isn’t finished even with each update. As I said before, it’s likely cut content from the Reach update. Have you even seen GameCheat13’s video? Even he said that it’s probably cut content from the Memories Of Reach update that they decided to not add.

As for the rest of the things you said about “you think they would do this and say screw it???”
Uh yea. They would. Tons of developers do it. Have you even seen all the finished vehicles, weapons, and even enemies that Bungie has cut from the Halo games? Ranging from all the stuff they cut from Halo Combat Evolved, only for a tiny bit of it to appear in Halo 2, and a tiny more bit appear in Halo 3. Then all the cut items and such from both Halo 2, and Halo 3 as well.

Do you even know about all the things that were finished, and done that were cut from Halo 4? This grenade launcher is no where close to the amount of detail and animations that have already been cut from previous games already. And not in just Halo either, tons of other games do this pretty dailey.

Nah bad idea. I would guess around mid December/Jan, with BF1 releasing Oct 21st, then CoD early Nov.

Lol okay OP you got it I’ll remember this

> 2533274819667356;14:
> Nah bad idea. I would guess around mid December/Jan, with BF1 releasing Oct 21st, then CoD early Nov.

I’m guessing there will be on in October (anniversary) and 1 in February to promote Wars 2.

> 2533274887581216;13:
> > 2535455681930574;10:
> > There should dates and edits to when they were added into the game files?
>
>
> And there is, with Gamecheat13 even finding old files for the prototype version of one of the Reach weapons sooo…yeah.
> The dates and all that are there, just we can’t see when they were editted due to most of it being removed.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274808386392;12:
> > That is quite incorrect. The guy who discovered the Reach grenade launcher checked the game’s files at the point of the Memories of Reach update, and there was no indication of the grenade launcher or any of the other recently discovered additions. That shows that they are newer creations, likely in response to community demand for them.
> >
> > Also, your “reasoning” for it being a cut weapon makes no sense… You think they would go through all of the effort to bring in the model, texture, animations and behaviors, for both the base weapon and the higher level REQs, and then say “screw it, since Reach wasn’t balanced in the same way as our game, we’re not finishing the final balancing touches on this completed weapon”? Yeah… No… That’s ridiculous, sorry.
>
>
> I can’t tell if your -Yoink!- or what. There are currently 2 different type’s, and only 2 different type’s. There is no different REQ level ones, no different any other animations for each one, nothing. It’s just a un-finished model of a weapon that still isn’t finished even with each update. As I said before, it’s likely cut content from the Reach update. Have you even seen GameCheat13’s video? Even he said that it’s probably cut content from the Memories Of Reach update that they decided to not add.
>
> As for the rest of the things you said about “you think they would do this and say screw it???”
> Uh yea. They would. Tons of developers do it. Have you even seen all the finished vehicles, weapons, and even enemies that Bungie has cut from the Halo games? Ranging from all the stuff they cut from Halo Combat Evolved, only for a tiny bit of it to appear in Halo 2, and a tiny more bit appear in Halo 3. Then all the cut items and such from both Halo 2, and Halo 3 as well.
>
> Do you even know about all the things that were finished, and done that were cut from Halo 4? This grenade launcher is no where close to the amount of detail and animations that have already been cut from previous games already. And not in just Halo either, tons of other games do this pretty daily.

Looks like someone didn’t get the memo. Research before you comment. You may learn a thing or two.

As for the rest of your comment, 90% of the time something gets cut from a game, it’s not because it doesn’t fit into the sandbox. It’s because it has no place in an established universe (let’s say the Prometheans were thrown into Halo 3 as a new member of the Covenant, does that make any sense at all?), or it was cut due to to time constraints (the usual reason). Anything can be added into a sandbox with the allowed time, the problem is some times developers don’t have that time. Game balance has nothing to do with it. Especially with a game like Halo 5 where a multiplayer experience was designed to be unbalanced.

Lol.

That would be cool.

Yes this is very likely and I’ve thought of it before.

Would be a a perfect time for a campaign DLC too, so the gaps in the story can be filled, therefore leading to a better buildup for the sequel. Yes, I don’t like the story either, but they can atleast try making it better.

> 2533274883849234;17:
> Looks like someone didn’t get the memo. Research before you comment. You may learn a thing or two.
>
> As for the rest of your comment, 90% of the time something gets cut from a game, it’s not because it doesn’t fit into the sandbox. It’s because it has no place in an established universe (let’s say the Prometheans were thrown into Halo 3 as a new member of the Covenant, does that make any sense at all?), or it was cut due to to time constraints (the usual reason). Anything can be added into a sandbox with the allowed time, the problem is some times developers don’t have that time. Game balance has nothing to do with it. Especially with a game like Halo 5 where a multiplayer experience was designed to be unbalanced.

Looks like someone didn’t pay attention to what he said.
“So checking against a build of Halo 5 Forge from June (don’t ask), it looks like alot of these leaked REQs are missing.”
"it looks like alot of these leaked REQs are missing"
He didn’t say which REQs were missing. Nor did he say which build it was, only that it was from June.
The memories of Reach update came out in May. Not June, that’s essentially a month later.

So if you take a look at the other updates that came out after the Memories of Reach update (which obviously the unfinished weapons and such would’ve been added to the game) then you’d kinda get a idea why he said that to begin with.

Spoiler for anyone who doesn’t want to know.

In fact, here’s a list which the leaked REQs we’ve seen so far wouldn’t be in this June build of the game that GameCheat13 somehow got ahold of:
ONI Wasp
Hannibal Wasp
AA Wraith
Sentinel Beam
Brute Prototype weapons (Brute Sniper Rifle, Brute Scope on the DMR, Brute Weapon Skins, Brute Rocket Launcher, etc)
Probably all the un-used weapon skins you can find in Halo 5 by doing either glitches or going directly to Halo 5’s files and so on.

Sooo…Pretty likely your the one who didn’t get the memo when he said “Looks like a lot of these leaked REQs aren’t in this June build of the game” He didn’t say all of them weren’t. Only a lot of them weren’t. Key words: “A lot vs All” Please do your research before you REKT yourself once more

Also, the example you gave is EXTREMELY poor.

Spoiler for anyone who doesn’t want to see.

Here’s some examples of leaked finished weapons that didn’t make it to the final game:
Knight Teleport-er that Spartans could use in Multiplayer (it was pretty much finished but removed for balance reasons in Halo 4)
Halo 3 cut scenes, some even being 100% finished but never used.
Halo 3 audio logs, again, the majority being finished but never used in the game.
Halo 2 animations of creatures that had most of everything finished, but never made it to the game.
Halo Combat Evolved weapons like the Fuel Rod cannon never made it to multiplayer in the Xbox version, but it did in the PC version.
Halo Combat Evolved Gravity gun (100% finished, never made it in the game)
Halo 2 Silenced SMG (It’s even on one of the maps for Halo 2 Vista exclusive PC, but never made it in the game anywhere else. It’s even finished and all that, works exactly as it does in ODST.)
In fact, here’s a link to a ton of cut content from Halo 3 even.

Most of it was cut either because the Xbox 360 couldn’t handle it (they didn’t understand the hardware as well as 343 did when Halo 4 released with maxing it out 100%, along with the fact that a ton of it could’ve been possible if Bungie worked there maps well and deleted a lot of content that was causing performance issues in the 1st place that wasn’t needed to begin with)

I can go on and on and on about all the cut content that wasn’t added to the game because of either balance issues, or they just didn’t want to use it to begin with. Don’t even get me started on all the vehicles and such that were cut from the Halo games that were pretty much finished, but never made it to the games. Tons of it exist in both Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Reach, and Halo 4. Quite a lot in fact.

Also, if you really think “Halo 5 isn’t balanced” then you sir should probably recheck yourself because Halo 5 is incredibly balanced. Even Warzone to a certain extent (even though Warzone isn’t even meant to be balanced in the 1st place)